Pokemon and Animal Cruelty

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon and Animal Cruelty

Default Pokemon and Animal Cruelty

This is more meant as an observation, but don't you think its kind of cruel to make intelligent beings fight each other until they faint, and then heal them and make them do it again? Some of these things sound pretty painful, getting frozen solid, burned, paralyzed, poisoned, electrecuted, cut, etc. This is just an observation, but you'd think with PETA and other organizations around that something like that would never be legal.
    "I would rather be descended from a humble ape than from a great gentleman who uses considerable intellectual gifts in the service of falsehood"

-Huxely

Does Team Rocket hire? ImJessieTR's Avatar

But trainers/etc who abuse their pokemon ARE punished, or at least tsk-tsked. We don't have little hyposprays that can cure a dog of evisceration (sp?), while it exists in the Pokemon world, so with us damage means a lot more. I dislike how far some trainers take it, but even jerks like Paul heal their pokemon. If the pokemon didn't like it, they'd leave. Pokemon fight all the time in the wild, sometimes ritualistically, sometimes for real. Same thing with battles. I see it as more of a ritual battle than the real thing.
    Protect the World from Devastation -- a fanfic
    Has anyone else noticed a weird progression in fanaticism as the generations progressed? Giovanni must define himself in the presence of the religious fanatics and the cruel sociopath....

But CAN pokemon leave? That Articuno I just caught put up a huge fight before I caught it, so obviously it didn't want to be caught in the first place.
    "I would rather be descended from a humble ape than from a great gentleman who uses considerable intellectual gifts in the service of falsehood"

-Huxely

That's to make the game harder pal.

Blog Entries

If Pokemon are so smart they wouldn't let this happen to them. Anyways, there is no PETA equivalent in the world of Pokemon, and battling is a form of exercise for them. Most Pokemon also desire to get stronger.

(There may not be a PETA in Pokemon, but SPEW in Harry Potter has inspired me to create an Anti-Bidoof enslavement organization, all I need is a good name)

What about the Pokemon G-men?

And generally speaking, exercises that guarantee actual harm are considered bad for you, not good.

And as usual, Firefox's SpellCheck fails utterly.

Thank you Jolty for the banner!
    Pokémon Messageboards I Visit:
    Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden ~ Serebii's Pokemon Page
    My LiveJournal
    "Stop making us have sex with each other in your fanfictions." ~Ray Toro of My Chemical Romance
    "I am dead serious. I am not that pretty." ~Gerard Way of My Chemical Romance

But...the Bidoof enslave us.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Habunake View Post
    But...the Bidoof enslave us.
    That's what I think of most pets, especially cats, they sit around, eat our food, live in our houses, and we have to clean up after them!

G-men, and Pokemon Rangers I guess (although the later is more about nature) are agencies that are against the abuse of Pokemon, but they seem like they are controlled by the League.

Battling's only bad for the Pokemon if they lose, or if their trainers don't know when to give up.

I remember a debate about Ranger's actually being worse then trainers in terms of Pokemon Cruelty.

That creepy feeling... Typhlosion In Repose's Avatar

I think that the pokemon like the battles and experience that they would not normally get without the help of a trainer. And if they don't, give 'em an experience share.
    And as I sit and talk to you,
    I see your face grow white.
    The shadow hanging over me is no trick of the light.
    The specter on my back will soon be free.
    The dead have come to claim a debt from thee.

Blog Entries

True, for people who are supposed to uphold justice, they seem worse with their stylers snatching wild Pokemon and using their abilities and just letting them go afterwards, but then they aren't forcing them to battle.

If the League officially runs legal battles (Which includes GLs), and they run any official pokemon contests, doesn't that mean any OFFICIAL battle will be stopped if things get out of hand? So, since most League's spies and referees can't find every single trainer they just make any battle with an approved referee an official match. But out in the wild it's different. When a trainer comes up to you and asks for a battle in a deserted forest, there's no official to oversee the match. So it depends on the trainers after that.

So, the League just makes it that when ever they host matches, like in the pokemon league, they can watch to make sure no one gets hurt. So, any trainer battle without an official referee is outside the League's control. So ( I'm starting to form a habit of starting my sentences with so), It then means the trainer is completely responsible for any permenant harm that befalls their pokemon in an unwatched match.

*Goes to lie down, after complaining about headache*

*Runs back and types*

Aren't rangers there to help pokemon?
    I just love the air!

Quote Originally Posted by Vereux0 View Post
    *stares*
    ಠ_ಠ
    PSYCHOPATH

WHAT?!

Buuburn is my Homeslice.

If I was a pokemon, I'd hide up a tree or something and never reveal myself, hence never being seen or caught. Prof. Oak would certainly scratch his head over me!

They have an article about this on Bulbapedia itself, making parelells from Pokemon to Satanism, enslaving creatures for means other than intended and making them fight to near death. Maybe not quite as extreme as that but still.

Proud owner of a Legitimate Darkrai.
    24/08/2007
    ---
    Pokemon Pearl Friend Code
    "Holden"
    2663-9459-1419

The shock of lightning!! pikachu12's Avatar

Lightbulb

i agree.in fact i read in wikipedia that pokemon fights are equivalent to cock fights,which are illegal.

Blog Entries

Yes because Wikipedia knows all and is never edited by n00bs........

But it is true, Pokemon battles can be compared to cockfighting, except the Pokemon never dies.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast