Pokemon Anecdotes

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Missingno. Master
  • 1 Post By Charraze

Thread: Pokemon Anecdotes

Charizard fan since 1996 Charraze's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Pokemon Anecdotes

So basically, post long stories about pokemon here. Please dont make stuff up, all the anicdotes should be true.

Okay, so a few years ago, this kid had a mew card in his deck. Everyone wanted mew back then. He was the one to get. Everyone tried to trade with him but he turned everything down. Eventually, this girl who was in my class went up to him and offered him a pikachu, the most common card in the world. The kid literally grinned and said, I quote "Why wouldent I accept this offer? Pikachu is so rare..." and traded. Immediately everyone went to this girl offering her cards. Turns out, the pikachu card she got was a freebie. She had never played pokemon before.
    WHITE FC: 3010 2870 9206

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon Anicdotes

This may sound silly, but whats an anicdotes?

Surprise! winstein's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon Anicdotes

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik View Post
    This may sound silly, but whats an anicdotes?
    He means "ancedotes", which means "short, yet amusing account for a particular real incident", like what he did there. I will change the title to reflect the correct spelling.

Thanks for reading.
    "True loss is for him whose days have been spent in utter ignorance of his self."

Latest Review: Dark-type Award Ceremony
    Bonus articles: Mega Evolution Candidates (Part 7) -- Generation 6 Pokémon (07/12/2013)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon Anecdotes

Ok, im pretty sure this would count as one.

Back about 2 or 3 ears ago, whenever Platinum had just came out, my friend and I played a funny joke on another friend. I went and caught a tentacool, simple right? Then i nicknamed it Shotgun. My friend then caught a Wingull, also naming it shotgun. We told Friend #2 that it was a weird glitch and that shotgun was only obtainable through glitches. Friend #2(newbie to pokemon) believed us, but didnt want to risk his game with a glitch. To this day, he still believes there is a pokemon named shotgun and it has two different forms XD
    My 3ds FC: 0018 2172 7225 Safari: Rock Feel free to add me! I can only get on wifi maybe once a week at most though!
    my stats[/SIZE]|ranger

Avatar loading... 23% Missingno. Master's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It was June 7th, 2009. So there I was. Playing my Platinum version. Like I did every day, I payed the 500 Pokédollar admission fee to get into the Great Marsh, just so I could collect a free colored shard from some kid near the entrance. I did this to replenish my stock, which I was constantly spending on move tutors' services.So many Pokémon to teach the elemental punches to, so little time. But anyway, today I wasn't all that happy about that. I had come to the realization that I was basically dishing out five hundred a day for a shard. Shards, might I remind you, could be dug up in the underground for free. Granted, 500 Pokédollars is by no means a substantial sum, but still, I felt like I was being cheated. So I said to myself, "screw it, today I'm catching my money's worth." So I ventured deep into the marsh's grass-topped mud puddles and began chucking Safari Balls at almost everything I came across. Scored a few Wooper, a couple of Exeggcute, and I think even a Croagunk. I'm down to about ten Safari Balls or so, when it happened. A wild Pokémon appeared, and as I saw the sprites slide across the screen, my eyes widened as my brain started to process the situation that I was now in.

It was a Tropius. A fucking. Shiny. Tropius. In the Great Arceusdamn Marsh.

Oh, I freaked. I went absolutely Zubatshit crazy. I was torn between glee and horror, here. On the one hand, it was a fucking. Shiny. Tropius. On the other hand, this was the Great Arceusdamn Marsh. Essentially a Safari Zone. Where wild Pokémon can flee. Shinies included.

After the initial shock wore off a bit and I had calmed down to a degree, I weighed my options. I could throw bait at the Tropius. Yeah, sure. Make it even harder to catch than it already is, how could that possibly go wrong? Plus, I know from experience that the bait's effect of preventing the wild Pokémon from fleeing was not foolproof. Several dozen Chansey and Tauros back in Kanto's Safari Zone are living proof of that. I could throw mud at the Tropius. Pffft. Oh, sure, it'd be easier to catch, but anything that increases the already unfavorable odds of the Shiny fleeing on me is not exactly desirable. I had been taking chances as it is, even venturing into a Safari Zone. As a seasoned Shiny Hunter, I ought to have known better than that. I could run from the Tropius. Or, I could stick my junk in a meat grinder. Both of them are just as bad of ideas as they sound. So, my best bet here, I reasoned, was to try it the old-fashioned way. I prayed to God and threw a Safari Ball at the Tropius. The ball shook. Once. Twice. Three times...!

BOOM!

Tropius escaped. My heart nearly stopped, but thankfully, Tropius did not flee. I took a few deep breaths to calm myself, said another prayer, and launched a second Safari Ball. Once... Twice... Thrice...

BOOM!!

Tropius broke free of the ball. I braced myself for the worst, but amazingly, still there! I tried to stay calm, but I knew my luck was being pressed as it was. I prayed once more and heaved a third Safari Ball-

BOOM!!!

Tropius busted out. Ball didn't even wobble. I gritted my teeth and shut my eyes, waiting for that dreaded sound, signifying Tropius's escape. But miraculously, Tropius remained in place! I took a few deep breaths and prayed yet again. I had a gut feeling that if Tropius broke out a fourth time, it would all be over. Of course, I felt that way about the first three Safari Balls, but still. With great hesitance, I fired off Safari Ball #4. It shook once... Twice... Three times...!

And clicked shut.

I had caught a Shiny Tropius in the Great Marsh!

I still have her to this day. She has a Gentle nature and her ability is Chlorophyll.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Heh, I've got two that involve amazing catches, and the weird thing is that they were both Zapdos. So I'll call these Zapdos 1 and Zapdos 2.

Zapdos 1

So, a long time ago, when I still had my copy of LeafGreen (damn it I wish I hadn't lost it!), I went to catch Zapdos at the Power Plant. That place always annoyed me because of the stupid Electrode pretending to be Pokeballs (how the hell does anyone mistake a giant red and white ball for a freaking Pokeball anyway?) and being so damned fast that my Pokemon isn't quick enough to flee. So when I finally reached Zapdos and saved, I was relieved. If I ran out of Pokeballs while trying to catch it, I could reset and start again right there. So I battled it. The first attempt, I did run out, so I reset. The second attempt, I got it to red HP once again and began chucking balls. I had a ton, but once again, it broke out of every single one. Eventually, I was down to my last ball again, a regular Pokeball. I was immediately assuming I'd have to start over again, but then was like "ah whatever, they say the third time's the charm" and tossed that last ball anyway for shits and giggles. Then I watched, ready for Zapdos to break out again and to reset a second time. Instead, however, the Pokeball shook once. Then it shook again. Then it shook a third time. Then...click. I just sat there, frozen where I was, and all I could say was "...That did not just happen."

Zapdos 2

This one is much more recent. I was trying to catch the legendary birds in Platinum. These guys have to be the most painfully annoying roamers to catch in the whole franchise, because they. Know. God. Damn. Roost. So even my Wobbuffet wasn't much help like it was when I went after Mesprit. But thankfully, I got Articuno in an Ultra Ball and I used my Master Ball on Moltres. Articuno was pure luck though. Luxray's Spark happened to paralyze it and get it to low health and that was that. But Zapdos was still flying around. So I cornered it, sent out Wobbuffet when I finally got it to low health, and chucked balls at it. But it used Roost. I was so impatient at this point that I was like "screw it" and kept throwing balls even though the damned bird was nearly full health now. I shook my head when the third ball I threw after the Roost, which was an Ultra Ball, shook once...then again...then a third time...then click. As with Zapdos 1, I just sat there frozen and was like "...That did not just happen."

And that's my tale of my constant extremely good luck with Zapdos (well, not so much in HeartGold...).

Lastly, and another fairly recent tale, was the luckiest draw I ever had when getting Pokemon cards from a booster pack. I was busy building up my BW collection with some new boosters I got, and one of the cards I saw in my hand blew me the hell away. It was a silvery, shiny (the card, not the actual Pokemon), completely differently designed Thundurus. The whole card shined in the light and it was magnificent. I'm not too crazy about the Kami trio in general, but after this, Thundurus earned my respect. I also like that he's blue.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

True story:

I was playing Sapphire version and was in the Cave of Origin to catch Kyogre. The damned thing did not get in the 50 ultra balls I threw, and killed off my pokemons one by one, making me waste all the potions and revives I had been stocking up for the pokemon league.

In the end I had only a severely underleveled Castform, a premier ball and a pokeball.

Castform changed its form due to the weather!
    I used Premier Ball!
    Aargh, almost had it!
    Kyogre used something! It used something I can't remember wut - but at least Castform survived
    I used Pokeball!
    Gotcha! Kyogre was caught!

SCREAM!!!

Charizard fan since 1996 Charraze's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oh dear... What about this...

I was playing White and I was playing online. I came to a seriously good game. Both of us on our last pokemon. Heres a recount of what it was like:

Japanese Name sent out Hydreigon
    Go! Rattata!
    (Rattata? WTF?)
    Hydreigon used dragon pulse
    Rattata held on using its focus sash (Thats were my focus sash went...)
    Rattata used endeavor
    (Hydreigon now at 1 HP)
    I look at the moves. Then I see quick attack. I screamed and used it.
    Rattata used quick attack
    Hydreigon feinted

I earned loads of points and got higher than my mate who keens pokemon. I laughed at switched off my game
    DemonLordGiratina likes this.

Blog Entries

Me and my best friend (at the time, this is back when I was eight or so) were playing Pokemon while sitting next to each other. I was playing Gold, and he was playing Silver. Glancing over at his screen, I noticed he was in the same city that I was (I believe it was Cianwood). When he glanced over at mine, I flew to another city and said "Bet you can't catch me". We played Pokemon this way for hours, and when one of us "caught" the other, we'd switch and the one being chased would begin the pursuit.

追放されたバカ

THe first time I saw Munna being kicked by those Dreamyard Grunts, I cried so hard I needed a shower.

I later found out my tear ducts were temporarily photosensitive, and I needed to wear what resembled Blackglasses for a week to calm them.

Two Pokéwhammies in one day. (I was allowed to keep what I now call my "Authentic" Blackglasses replica.(I swear, they look just like them.)

certified badass

Ok so this one is really funny. Once me and two of my other friends were hanging out. But when one of my friends left to go to the bathroom, we took his ds and released all of his good pokemon, including two event arceus and three mews.

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In Black, I stocked up on tons of Ultra and Dusk Balls to catch Kyurem. Level 75 was no laughing matter. I taught a high-leveled party member False Swipe and had Thunder Wave in there too.

So I walk into the cave, save, start the battle, throw a Quick Ball, catch it with full HP, and leave.

While Quick Balls are awesome, sometimes I think they make all that advance preparation good for nothing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pokepimp View Post
    Ok so this one is really funny. Once me and two of my other friends were hanging out. But when one of my friends left to go to the bathroom, we took his ds and released all of his good pokemon, including two event arceus and three mews.
    Wow, he sounds lucky to have such great friends!!

Alright, i got two stories:

The Hunt for Snorunt!
    This was back in the day of Ruby, Emerald and Sapphire. Me and all my buddies had been playing the game for awhile, most of us have beaten the E4 or was close. Anyways a buddy is trying to get a Snorunt to get Glalie but couldnt find one. Had been up and down the cave that it was in, just above the town with the twin gym leaders, so i tell him i can find it for him, so i take his GB Advance and start making my way through the cave, found the area within a few minutes and i start searching for one, hit a few Spheals and Zubats and then finally one shows up, so i show him, ask him if he wants me to catch it for him or does he wanna do the honor. He lets me go ahead. Kid came prepared with a fair few pokeballs of all types but i decide regular Pokeball, one throw, tick....tick....tick.....boom. No damage, no nothing. I hand i back, saying done. He goes "one pokeball....no damage?" "yep" "Holy crap, never seen that before"

Ultra Rare found

This was way back in the day when the second generation of pokemon cards and packs were still able to be found in the store. Buddy of mine is staying over the night and we go out with the parents and he decides he is gonna buy a 5 pack of pokemon packs. first 4 packs, nothing too exciting or at least from what i can remember but the last one, we decide to do the lucky rub, lucky chant, lucky anything that we could think of to make it a good one. Opens the pack and slowly goes through the cards, waiting for the Holographic one, finally gets to it.....

Blissey!!! The first kind of blissey from Neo Revelation pack, 1st edition

We are both dudes and young at the time but how loud and high pitched we screamed.... people either thought we were girls or get attacked and this we just outside the store, my parents heard me from the inside... lol

Blog Entries

Mine deals with the card game, surprisingly. So bear with me.

Many, many weeks ago, when Noble Victories had just been released, I had a massive argument with Prime. I don't even remember what it was about, but I remember going to work the next day feeling awful.

Well, I work in retail and we sell Pokemon cards so on my lunch break, I decided to grab a pack. I thought, what the hey? It'd be a nice little treat. I pick up a Noble Victories pack with Druddigon on the wrapper and turn to head to a check-out. But I stopped myself. I started rifling through the others and found another pack with Druddigon on the wrapper.

I paused. Something--something very powerful--told me to put back the pack I was holding and take the second one. I had to take that second one, not the one in my hand. So I put it back, grabbed the other and bought it.

I headed to the break room and opened the pack. Nothing stood out until I hit the middle of the pack and my jaw dropped at what I saw--a reverse holo-foil. That's enough to make a lot of people happy but I was over the moon when I saw this one.

Golett.
    I had just gotten a Golett.

I had bought other packs looking for him and got nothing but on that day, the little guy just appeared--I swear it was like Arceus himself smiled on me. Nothing else in that pack, no matter how rare it might be, even came close to catching my eye. I had the one card that mattered. Needless to say, that really turned the day around.

What makes this so funny? Normally, when I have a cruddy day or something bad happens, I find a Bumblebee. It's happened so often that I've said Bumblebee's my guardian angel. But on that day, I found a Golett. It looks like I may have a second angel watching out for me...

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+