Pokemanz?

Thread: Pokemanz?

Blog Entries

Default Pokemanz?

Do you get annoyed when people call Pokemon Pokemanz or Pokemans? I sometime say it like that so I don't mind saying Pokemanz.

Blog Entries

Follow Niji on Tumblr

Default Re: Pokemanz?

It makes me laugh, like when people say 'pok-mon.' It only annoys me when people say "pokimon," and don't know they're mispronouncing it like they're illiterate. The accent, people, the accent!!

Keep on kicking butt, Yuzu!

Blog Entries

Ugh. This.

DEFINITELY.

I find it extremely annoying. Especially when you're already told them over and over that it is not "Pogeymahn", which sounds like a retarded version of Bogeyman, or "Pookeemoon", which just makes me think of the moon. Also, that the existence of the accented e in the word makes "Pokehmon" incorrect.

This is one of my most pointless pet peeves, yes.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

Ol' Brown Eyes is back Jesse GS the II's Avatar

I work at Walmart, so I often get parents coming up to me and asking "Excuse me, where are the Pokeyman cards?" And I always make it a point to respond "Pokémon cards? Sure, right over there."

Irritates the shit outta me. It's been fourteen years, learn how to fucking say it right.
    This is my DeviantArt. Pretty neat, huh?

Jouto Redux
    One fan's re-imagining of the Jouto saga
    Read Chapter 6 now!

I always thought the fans who did this felt embarrassed that they liked Pokémon and misspelled it to make it look like they were liking it just for the lulz, or to look "cool". So yeah, it annoys me (although sometimes I call it Pockymon to amuse myself ^^;). With non-fans who just don't know better, well, guess you can't help but politely correct them!

y team

I see people calling it Pogemanz. It just seems like an amuzing way to say it. It irritates me when people say "Pokeyman", I dont really think Pokemon is a difficult word to say, though sometimes I think these people do not really care about how it's really pronounced tbh. Id rahther say it the proper way, but misspellings can be amuzing.

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pokeman? Pokeman with the pokey and the man and the thing with the guy comes out of the thing and he makes a fahaheagabfahahah. I prononce it POKEMON but i do like to say POKEMAN. I use POKEMAN when ever i just feel to lazy or sarcastic

I won't bite... Emerald-eyed Sableye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It does for sure bug me but at the same time make laugh as well like the one time I was at a Toys"R"Us and this little kid was asking his mom for some cards and she answers to him that he has enough Pokéman cards at home and I just wanted to laugh so badly but I held it in :)

Team Eeveelution All The Way!!!

Dat Alpha Sapphire! RainbowSylveon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow RainbowSylveon On Twitter Add RainbowSylveon on Facebook
    Follow RainbowSylveon on Tumblr Visit RainbowSylveon's Youtube Channel

I sometimes call it Pokemanz when I feel like it, though it annoys me so much when people call it Pokeymon or Pokeymans. I mean, seriously? Where are you people getting man from, there isn't even an A in the word!

My dad calls it Pokeyguys. >.> I have no idea where he gets that from; he's been around me enough to know what it's properly called. >.>
    Claims: Oshawott, Ice Body, Magmarizer, Griseous Orb (July 1, 2012) Cross Poison (September 26, 2012)

Friend Code: 0001 - 3520 - 9622
    Vivillon Pattern: High Plains
    Friend Safari: Dark / Nuzleaf, Cacturne, Liepard

Blog Entries

I sometimes call kyogre a pokeman or furret a pokeman. But really it doesn't annoy me.