Pokeball Questions (Not how they work.) - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pokeball Questions (Not how they work.)

Blog Entries

So can the gun. Pistolwhipping, anyone? Plus, prior to the invention of the bayonet, muskets and rifles were sometimes used as blunt weapons in close quarters combat due to their size and weight. They sometimes still are - a bayonet can take a few seconds to equip which in battle you may not always have.

Besides, a sword on its own does nothing, either. It is an inanimate object. Without a wielder, a sword is nigh harmless. All in all, this sword vs. gun analogy is a bit flawed, tbh.
    no moar sig 4 u D=<

In glorious technicolor The Outrage's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NoDontRapeMeOMG View Post
    The sheath can be used as a blunt weapon though.
    Anything can be used as a weapon, you'd think you'd get that from my over exageration trying to mock the fact that one feels that a Pokeball is actually a weapon.

Its fine if they won't let it on an airplane, but really, it is not a weapon.

And its not a sword vs gun analogy, its a Pokemon vs Sword analogy. And really, I think the fact that the sword got onto a plane in the first place implies that it has a weilder. If not, then it obviously is magical and walked up there itself, therefore it would not need a human to initiate its attack.

There is such a thing as being over-analytical you know.

Thats like saying poeple shouldn't be allowed on plains with shoes because they could be used as a weapon. The fact is that the Pokemon world isn't under any terrorist threats so they probibly wouldn't be so up tight with Pokemon on plains. This is a stupid question.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Empo' View Post
    The fact is that the Pokemon world isn't under any terrorist threats so they probibly wouldn't be so up tight with Pokemon on plains.

I'd call Team Magma and Team Aqua terrorist threats.

I'm late to the party, but I don't think they would consider pokeballs/pokemon dangerous. They did let them on to the S.S. Anne in the anime so presumably that they would let them on an airplane.

Maybe they wouldn't let them on a place because they could be used to attack it, etc. In a boat you don't ahve the same level of control than in a plane, I guess. Besides, the boat has more space than the airplane, so the guards could stop the criminal easier.
    Since everyone these days has one of these, I'm going to put mine too...

On a funny note, I made this personality test on 3 different ocasions and the pokemon I got every single time was Togetic so this can't be very wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by Draconium View Post

I'd call Team Magma and Team Aqua terrorist threats.
    Oh yeah, I completly forgot the time Team Magma hijacked that plane and crashed it into Goldenrod's Radio Tower. But seriously, I wouldnt count Magma/Aqua as the types of organisations to hijack a plane. They are more interested in land mass.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Empo' View Post
    They are more interested in land mass.

I'd call drastically altering land mass to benefit a certain group at SIGNIFICANT expense to others a terrorist activity. Besides, Team Aqua and Magma don't hesitate to use violence against their opponents.

In fact, a post on this very "sub forum" described them as "ecoterrorists".

In glorious technicolor The Outrage's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There's more than one kind of terrorist Empo', especially ina world with fire breathing monsters. I mean if you don't count trying to blow up a volcano with rocket fuel not a terrorist act than fine, but remember this:

9/11 may have been caused by terrorist hijackings....

....but not all terrorists hijack planes.

Your conclusion is flawed because your premise is flawed in the assumption that all terrorists must be like Al-Qaeda.

Quote Originally Posted by Bittersweet Romanticide View Post
    Question 1 & 2:
    I think they're considered 'cages'. I mean, it'll kinda hurt if someone throws a cage at your head, but it doesn't do much if it's empty. On the same note, the 'pokeairport security' would check to see if the pokeballs were empty. if they were, you'd be let on the plane, if not, they'd be thrown in the back with cargo or confinscated to be reimbursed when you land...hopefully...
    Question 3:
    I'm going with what everyone else is saying, the order, and MAYBE the weight. If you want to follow the law of 'matter cannot be created nor destroyed' we can awesome the pokemon would keep different weights inside pokeballs, just condensed. So a Onix would be heavier than a squirtle. Also, perhaps, a fire type might have a hot ball, an electric type might give you a bit of a spark, and so on.
    So, single-type trainers, like Misty or Brock, would have more problems finding theirs since they all feel the same.
    Pokéballs probably store the mass as energy according to E=mc^2. The physics may be different in the Pokémon world, though. I mean, where does Squirtle get all that water for Water Gun attack, which obviously weighs more than 19.8 lbs?

Quote Originally Posted by Nebula View Post
    3) No. While humans and Pokémon may well have been "the same" once they aren't now. If they were, everyone would just say "human human human" in the games and anime. Then again, Mystery Dungeon shows Pokémon speech as regular speech. However, because such a distinction can be made, I'd say that humans and Pokémon are too dissimilar. Even Jynx, which appears to speak almost like a human, Pokémon that can communicate telepathically or even special cases like Team Rocket's Meowth aren't close enough to human. Genetically, there is probably a huge difference between human and Pokémon. As such, Poké Balls cannot capture Pokémon.
    Uh, don't you mean they can't capture humans? Pokéballs can most definitely capture Pokémon.

Answer 1. No. They would only be weapons if the Pokémon ruled the world. Even then, many Pokémon like being in their balls (aka Wobbuffet is the exception, not the rule; Wobbuffet may even like his ball, just he likes to be recognized)

Answer 2. Yes or no (probably yes). Travelers could either be forced to transfer their Pokémon to a Pokémon center at their destination before boarding, or the plane might have a system that prevents the Pokémon from coming out of their balls or lessens their attack power. That system would be turned off in emergencies, however, if Pokémon were needed to help keep the plane from crashing (large Psychic and Flying Pokémon would be needed in that case). In fact, the flight attendants probably have some emergency Pokémon to use if they are necessary (Fire and Psychic types would really help if there was a hole in the plane).

Answer 3. No. Pokéballs can only capture wild Pokémon. May's parents accidentally tried to capture May, thinking she was a Tentacool, in Max's story about her in "A Cacturne for the Worst", the episode never says they caught her. Proof: starting around 0:55 in this YouTube video.
    Creator of StarCalc Ultimate Pokémon Calculator

Look at my ideas for future Pokémon games here!

SAVE VMK! Click here for details!

If pokeball can catch humans, I'll probably catch every hot woman I meet and release it whenever I need some lovin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinx3000 View Post
    Just wondering, how do pokemon who have owners not get captured when another trainer throws a pokeball at them? Like when Dawn threw pokeball at ash's Pikachu but it would not go in pokeball because it belonged to Ash.

Well, I think when a Pokemon is caught the ball like, reads their DNA or something and the ball only responds to to this DNA. Thats why when if Ash threw Turtwig's ball at Chimchar it wouldnt work. maybe once a Pokemon is caught and its DNA is connected to its Pokeball, other Pokeballs stop working because there has already been a connection. Maybe is all through some computer system

Blaziken Fanboy Sadistic Blaziken's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In the Battle Frontier episode All that Glitters is Not Golden!, they revealed that when a human is hit by the red tractor beam-esque beam coming from the Poké Ball, they get stunned. They snap back into reality in a few seconds, however.

Banner and avatar set by Myra Uchiha of PokéCommunity Forums! ^^

i guess they're like pet carriers but hand-held. i mean, yeah, you could smuggle a Wailord onto a plane and destroy it, but the Wailord and trainer would be blamed, not the ball.

and you could beat someone with a pet carrier, but that doesn't make it a melee weapon.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mooites View Post
    Maybe is all through some computer system

So does that mean that if someone hacked the computer, pokeballs would malfunction?
    What are the Legendaries really like? Find out in The Life of the Legendaries

Humans and pokémon no longer live in harmony. Hear their tales in The Poké Wars Chronicles: Tales From A World At War

Cynthia once had it all: powerful pokémon, fame and hordes of adoring fans. But Ho-oh's campaign tears her life asunder. Now to survive this deadly new world, she must do the one thing that she never wanted: kill. Follow her trials through a world at war in Poké Wars: Downfall of a Champion

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast