Pokémon clothing
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: Pokémon clothing

  1. #1
    Registered User Nereus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    102

    Default Pokémon clothing

    Heya guys, I've been wondering about some Pokémon which have a piece of clothing a "part of their body". I mean Pokémon like Gardevoir, Jynx, Gothitelle or Sylveon's bows. I really doubt those dresses, bows etc. are flesh. The idea creeps me out a bit.

    So what happens when the clothing gets torn apart? Do they somehow regenerate it? I don't know at all, this issue bugs me quite a lot.

    Thanks for your opinions =) Cheers

  2. #2
    Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Where the Adventure Lies
    Posts
    2,298
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: Pokémon clothing

    My guess is their clothing is more durable than normal clothing and doesn't tear as easily.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Pokémon clothing

    I think the real question is Trubbish wearing a plastic bag, or is that its skin? An does its skin rip to shreds when it evolves to Garbodor?

  4. #4

    Default Re: Pokémon clothing

    Quote Originally Posted by Turtwigged Out View Post
    I think the real question is Trubbish wearing a plastic bag, or is that its skin? An does its skin rip to shreds when it evolves to Garbodor?
    I think it's both... because, well... Trubbish IS a plastic bag, so its skin is made out of plastic. I think its skin just expands when it evolves.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Pokémon clothing

    I'd like to think that Gardevoir's dress is skin but doesn't have an nerve endings to cause her (great pain).

  6. #6
    Darkrai is unstoppable!!! Shadowlord XD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Newmoon Island
    Posts
    64
    Add Shadowlord XD on Facebook
    Visit Shadowlord XD's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Pokémon clothing

    Quote Originally Posted by hyperspeed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtwigged Out View Post
    I think the real question is Trubbish wearing a plastic bag, or is that its skin? An does its skin rip to shreds when it evolves to Garbodor?
    I think it's both... because, well... Trubbish IS a plastic bag, so its skin is made out of plastic. I think its skin just expands when it evolves.
    Clicks on the Trubbish link, looks at its information, then wonders, 'why on earth does it have a 1% chance of holding a nugget?'

    Anyway, most of the cloth-like material of Pokemon are most probably part of their skin. Don't want to think about anything about Gardevoir's dress getting torn or Machoke's underwear suddenly drop (Try throwing mud at a wild Machoke in the Safari Zone in HG/SS and you'll get what I mean).


    Creddit goes to Blue Dragon for this awesome sig. Request your own at http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f379/blue-dragons-art-shop-122227/

  7. #7

    Default Re: Pokémon clothing

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlord XD View Post
    'why on earth does it have a 1% chance of holding a nugget?'
    One man's trash is another man's treasure? XD

  8. #8
    Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Where the Adventure Lies
    Posts
    2,298
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: Pokémon clothing

    I don't think it's skin. The Pokedex seems to imply that clothing is made from other materials. For instance, Throh's Pokedex entry claims that it (and by extension Sawk) makes its black belt by weaving vines together.

  9. #9
    Registered User RemainsToLinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    Round About in that Location, Maybe
    Posts
    69

    Default Re: Pokémon clothing

    Better question, if it's just clothing and not skin or such...why does it change with evolution? Machamp just sort of...grows...a championship belt...?

    Okay, I've never wondered or thought about this, but now I am and it's bugging me. Ha.

    Quote Originally Posted by Turtwigged Out View Post
    I think the real question is Trubbish wearing a plastic bag, or is that its skin? An does its skin rip to shreds when it evolves to Garbodor?
    Trubbish sort of makes sense to me: A small bag of trash that goes around eating more and more trash until it gets so big (6'3" tall, 236.6 pounds to be exact) that it can't hold all of that trash in anymore and just bursts out of the bottom. That's why Garbodor has a green head, it's the ripped open green bag that was Trubbish.

    Kind of gruesome that it has to rip itself open just to evolve...Pokemon, got of love it's hidden darkness.
    Hmmm...Nope, I can't think of a think for a signature nor do I have any pictures I think would fit.

    End transmission, please.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Pokémon clothing

    Quote Originally Posted by RemainsToLinger View Post
    Better question, if it's just clothing and not skin or such...why does it change with evolution? Machamp just sort of...grows...a championship belt...?
    Some of what we think of "clothes" is part of the Pokemon's body, such as Jynx's or Gardevoir's "dress".
    But Other aspects really are actually Clothes/Objects that the Pokemon obtains at some point,
    like Farfetch'ds Leak and Machoke/Macchamp's Belt (and possibly their Spandex as well)

    Can't remember the episode but one of the Early Shows even shows Machoke/Machamp (one of them) without their belt on.
    And since they don't actually show these Pokemon in question evolving,
    we are free to interpret these little details in whatever way is easier on our own sense of Rationality.

  11. #11
    Mrs. Steven Stone Kyriaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    7,782
    Blog Entries
    426

    Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

    Default Re: Pokémon clothing

    In the manga, Lt. Surge pointed out that a Machamp that had only recently evolved still wears the Machoke belt. So at some point, a Machamp has to gain it's own belt. It wasn't specified how it changes belts, though.

    In the anime, Stephan tried to borrow Sawk's Black Belt in the Celestial Tower episode, which it strongly refused.


    Speaking of Sawk, both Sawk and Throh are wearing karate clothes. Someone posted a very good screen capture of Sawk's feet in the anime (I can't find it ._.) and it showed that Sawk's pants were their skin. The "white" skin starts from the feet, it seems.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Pokémon clothing

    Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum Achromatic View Post
    In the manga, Lt. Surge pointed out that a Machamp that had only recently evolved still wears the Machoke belt. So at some point, a Machamp has to gain it's own belt. It wasn't specified how it changes belts, though.

    In the anime, Stephan tried to borrow Sawk's Black Belt in the Celestial Tower episode, which it strongly refused.


    Speaking of Sawk, both Sawk and Throh are wearing karate clothes. Someone posted a very good screen capture of Sawk's feet in the anime (I can't find it ._.) and it showed that Sawk's pants were their skin. The "white" skin starts from the feet, it seems.
    250px-stephan_sawk.png


    It's possible that the "Pants" portion is part of his legs and only the Jacket is Cloth.
    But, I'm more inclined to think that it's more likely that the Leggings are fashioned to wrap the heel like that on purpose.

    Either that, or it's just a Graphically Error like those that plague the Anime......

  13. #13
    Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Where the Adventure Lies
    Posts
    2,298
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: Pokémon clothing

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCableGuy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum Achromatic View Post
    In the manga, Lt. Surge pointed out that a Machamp that had only recently evolved still wears the Machoke belt. So at some point, a Machamp has to gain it's own belt. It wasn't specified how it changes belts, though.

    In the anime, Stephan tried to borrow Sawk's Black Belt in the Celestial Tower episode, which it strongly refused.


    Speaking of Sawk, both Sawk and Throh are wearing karate clothes. Someone posted a very good screen capture of Sawk's feet in the anime (I can't find it ._.) and it showed that Sawk's pants were their skin. The "white" skin starts from the feet, it seems.
    250px-stephan_sawk.png


    It's possible that the "Pants" portion is part of his legs and only the Jacket is Cloth.
    But, I'm more inclined to think that it's more likely that the Leggings are fashioned to wrap the heel like that on purpose.

    Either that, or it's just a Graphically Error like those that plague the Anime......
    Not sure about their gi, but Throh's Pokedex entry does state that their black belts are made from vines, so it's possibly that their gi is not part of their body either.

  14. #14
    Crazy Automaton Lady Silverwynde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Friend Safari
    Posts
    8,480
    Blog Entries
    120

    Default Re: Pokémon clothing

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCableGuy View Post
    It's possible that the "Pants" portion is part of his legs and only the Jacket is Cloth.
    But, I'm more inclined to think that it's more likely that the Leggings are fashioned to wrap the heel like that on purpose.
    Yeah I can see that, if only to help keep his heels somewhat protected. I'm one of those that thinks Sawk and Throh actually wear clothes; if they can remove their belts, I can't help believing that they can take off the rest.

    I ♥ my female Bisharp.
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Pokémon clothing

    If Pokemon's clothing were indeed part of their body, the "clothes" would be indestructible. Take a look at Pokemon in the games: The opponent eats a Draco Meteor, yet shows no visible damage. In the anime: Pikachu takes a lot flamethrowers/hydro pumps/etc. but only gets a few scrapes. Also, won't hold items be destroyed if they got hit hard enough, so are items in the possession of a Pokemon indestructible?

    3.14159 26535 89793 23846 26433 83279 50288 41971 69399 37510 58209 74944 59230 78164....
    This is actually the line X + Y = 3.141

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •