PokéPark

Thread: PokéPark

Blog Entries

Default PokéPark

I personsally think they should bring the pokemon theme park back.
    For those who don't know, Pokepark was a pokemon theme park that was open from March to September 2005 in Japan, and June to September 2006 in Taiwan.

Does anyone else agree? And if so, where? Should there be more than one location?

Default Re: PokéPark

Cool,Except I will probably never go to Japan or Taiwan
    and i really want to go to Japan

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Sounds interesting, but I don't think it'll come to where I live (and that place is still in Asia).

I always thought Universal Studios would try to make a deal with Nintendo to get a Pokémon area in its park. If Harry Potter can get one, Pokémon should be able to.
    Diamond friend code; 0389 3902 8809

Blog Entries

The CEO of the Six Flags around here hinted that it's coming to Richmond, but Pokemon.com said that it was a load of bull. I'm hopeful, and me and my friend tried to campaign to get Nintendo to buy Busch Gardens back when it was for sale a while back, but they were less then pleased with our proposals. If they do bring it over, they should make some modifications, or at least add a slightly more terrifying coaster, the Rayquaza "ride" coaster may be okay for Japan but here (and more specifically, in VA) the theme parks are constantly working on making the next big thing and something even bigger and more horrifying than before for thrill seekers. To be honest, I've been on all the coasters at Busch Gardens so many times it's hardly a thrill anymore, so I may just be using personal bias here, but I could see them adding one or two more "intense" or "unusual" rides. I'd also like to see a 4D Pokemon movie, it seems like every other mile in a theme park is littered with the things.

Yeah that would be awesome if they brought it back. And I also think they should make one in America.

Gen. V Female Sprite! :) GGDeimos's Avatar
    Sunnyshore City on weekdays, Goldenrod City on weekends

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I always thought Universal Studios would try to make a deal with Nintendo to get a Pokémon area in its park. If Harry Potter can get one, Pokémon should be able to.
    I completley agree. Maybe in Florida? I live in Alabama and my grandparents live in Florida, so I would be pretty close...

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best."
    -Karen, Johto's Elite Four

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GGDeimos View Post
    I completley agree. Maybe in Florida? I live in Alabama and my grandparents live in Florida, so I would be pretty close...
    If it was banished to Orange County it would be killed off by the massive competition (i.e. Disney World, SeaWorld, etc.), but it could have potential elseware in Florida (hopefully Miami, my friend lives in that area.)
    Another possible North American candidate would be California.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanLuc Pika-Q View Post
    If they do bring it over, they should make some modifications, or at least add a slightly more terrifying coaster, the Rayquaza "ride" coaster may be okay for Japan but here (and more specifically, in VA) the theme parks are constantly working on making the next big thing and something even bigger and more horrifying than before for thrill seekers. To be honest, I've been on all the coasters at Busch Gardens so many times it's hardly a thrill anymore, so I may just be using personal bias here, but I could see them adding one or two more "intense" or "unusual" rides. I'd also like to see a 4D Pokemon movie, it seems like every other mile in a theme park is littered with the things.
    Good point, but they didn't have anything that "intense" because it was a travelling park. What they should really do is make it a stationary park. I really doubt that they'd make a stationary amusement park about pokemon alone. Instead Nintendo could do a huge Nintendo theme park, and a decent size chunk would be pokemon attractions.
    Last edited by Regiruler; 2nd May 2010 at 04:49 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RegiRuler View Post
    If it was banished to Orange County it would be killed off by the massive competition (i.e. Disney World, SeaWorld, etc.), but it could have potential elseware in Florida (hopefully Miami, my friend lives in that area.)
    Another possible North American candidate would be California.
    You do realize there's Harry Potter world there now too? If they strike a deal with Universal I would assume it would be something similar. Possibly combine the ticket with HP World. I don't see it as being killed off by Disney World, Sea World, Universal, etc. but actually ENHANCED by those. If you're going down for Disney World you can also go down for the other parks. Because most people I know of don't go down to JUST Disney World, they go to the other parks as well, so long as the family is interested. Putting a Pokémon Park as some offshoot of Universal/Islands of Adventure would probably be the best bet, though I really hope they don't make it a separate ticket like HP World is.
    this should be really obvious but, I really don't post here anymore. I pop in from time to time, but I really don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiko Heiwa View Post
    Pokemon - The Only Series Who's Fandom Regards Differing Opinions As Trolling

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NyaChan View Post
    though I really hope they don't make it a separate ticket like HP World is.
    I really don't want pokemon to be put in some 3rd party amusement park. I'd prefer it to be part of a Nintendo amusement park or it's own park, although the former is more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by NyaChan View Post
    You do realize there's Harry Potter world there now too? If they strike a deal with Universal I would assume it would be something similar. Possibly combine the ticket with HP World. I don't see it as being killed off by Disney World, Sea World, Universal, etc. but actually ENHANCED by those. If you're going down for Disney World you can also go down for the other parks. Because most people I know of don't go down to JUST Disney World, they go to the other parks as well, so long as the family is interested. Putting a Pokémon Park as some offshoot of Universal/Islands of Adventure would probably be the best bet, though I really hope they don't make it a separate ticket like HP World is.
    That's what I was going for. I was down in Florida in December, and thought it'd be awesome if Universal had a Pokémon theme park. Just like at Islands of Adventure how they have the Marvel area with the Hulk roller coaster and the Storm Force ride, I think a Pokémon area would do really good.
    Diamond friend code; 0389 3902 8809

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    That's what I was going for. I was down in Florida in December, and thought it'd be awesome if Universal had a Pokémon theme park. Just like at Islands of Adventure how they have the Marvel area with the Hulk roller coaster and the Storm Force ride, I think a Pokémon area would do really good.
    GOD NO. Do you realize how tiny the pokepark would be if it was shoved in universal? Plus, I dislike Universal and I wouldn't want to pay them just to get in the pokemon area, same with disney.
    I'd want it in it's own park or in a Nintendo theme park, the latter being more likely. I'm thinking a layout similar to that of LegoLand California would be good.