Pokémon World Maps - Page 6

Page 6 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Pokémon World Maps

Resident Originshipper The Incarnation ポケモン's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thegreengiant View Post
    Whoever scanned these close-ups, could you scan the entire thing as a whole, so it can be clearer than that other one? That'd be amazing!!
    Seconded very heartily. The full, unsplit, official (anime) map needs to be up *SOMEWHERE* online, as a reference for any and all Pokemon fans.

Well I dunno guys I compiled my own map its not very pretty cos it was just a five minute job but in terms of geography it looks right.

I reckon lilycove and cianawood are next to eaxh other i'm probably wrong but....and dinnoh fits really well where i put it cos of the mountain range...

I'm sorry I didnt put hoenn on but I had 'technical problems and they dont quite fit since there all diff scales and types of map...

as for ppl saying about fiorre and orre i dont think theyre part of theis world cos theyre a diff console platform and when you play your like zomg this is tooo different. as for the seville islands or whatver theyre called wouldnt they be near kanto and erm viridian? I dont know....I generally agree with everyone else's location for them. I don't know about the orange islands I never really watched the series when it reached them (i was going through a non-pokemon phase) and i dont recall them being on ne of the games (i've never 'fully' completed a pokemon game)

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What does being on a different console have to do with it?

Orange was never in the games.

eep dont bite my head off ^^; i'm just giving my opinion i just meant because its on a diff console the concept of the game was very different so therefore it makes sense for it to be a different place...in the pokemon world

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

The concept wasn't too different, it just had a new twist in Orre... Fiore, though, you could argue that it's too different.

May the Aura be with you. FabuVinny's Avatar
    Blog Entries

They still mention trainers in other lands, though. even gets sent to Sinnoh at the end of the game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FabuVinny View Post
    They still mention trainers in other lands, though.
    Could you provide examples other than the reference to Sinnoh as part of the Manaphy W-Mission? Frankly, that one seems to fall under the advertisement of another game, rather than a discussion of another region.

Mozzul-san, that's rather silly to cut off the bottom of Sinnoh to make it fit to the North of Johto. Sinnoh is East of Kanto from what I know.

Oh wow, Generation V. Gandavien's Avatar
    United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

To be honest that map doesn't work. Sinnoh's location can't be there, why? Because there is sea to the south of Sinnoh but not to the north of Johto. I can't see your connection with Cianwood and Lilycove on the map at all.

Phoenix's Dragon Master Dark_Kratos's Avatar

the best way to place all those maps is to place them in the corresponding spot on the map of japan...as thats how they were based off of.

Default Nippon

Where did that official Generation III map from the first couple of pages come from? I wish we had a really clear scan of it.
    Anyway, I've had a powerful internal conflict over the geography of the PokéMon world. According to the wiki, each region we've seen is based off a counterpart region in real-world Japan. Even Orre's desolate landscape and lack of many wild animals was suggested to be that way due to the aftermath of nuclear attacks, ala Hiroshima.
    And the one thing that's always made me think it's just an alternate reality of Planet Earth: Lt. Surge - The Lightning American. Also, when I still watched the anime way-back-when (I don't care for it anymore, it's too...I dunno, I just don't like it at all anymore), I recall an episode where Misty fantasized about visiting Hollywood and living the high life. This upset me at the time 'cause I assume PokéMon had its own, original fantasy world and they of course wouldn't have "Hollywood" in that world.
    However, I later looked at other clues that suggested there would be a Hollywood (or something like it) across the eastern ocean, as Kanto, Johto, Orre, Hoenn, and Sinnoh are all portions of Japan. They also mention an "Indian elephant" in an older gasly pokédex entry, but I didn't like it 'cause straight-up elephants don't exist in this world.
    But now that I've seen all these more popular fantasy-world theories, as well as that interesting Ruby/Sapphire world map from some store display, I'm considering it may not be Earth after all. But we still have the "Lightning American"... should this just be ignored? I think I'd like it better if it wasn't just Earth, smaller is easier to comprehend :p
    I always over-think my plans for some kind of fancomic adventure in a region of my creation, as I'd want to have it take place outside of Japan but then I'd have to make up a ton of pokémon to inhabit it as unique, native species. So frustrating!

Blog Entries

Visit ashita's Youtube Channel

i think you can put the hollywood reference down to 4kids americanizing the show and the elephant one down to poor translation AND americanization

luckily since then theyve got better at that kinda thing

back on topic i would love to see an interpretation of the map with an assumption of where ranger takes place in Fiore

Originally Posted by MAGNEDETH View Post
    personally, ive never been raped, but i try to rape as many people on a daily basis as i can.
    my record is 47 people in one day, oh what a day...

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What makes you think those references weren't in the original? Besides, there's always Surge being American, and in Japanese he speaks random English like a stereotypical American.

i think you can put the hollywood reference down to 4kids americanizing the show and the elephant one down to poor translation AND americanization
    China, Russia, South America, and the USA are all mentioned in the Pokemon games, so no. And Meowth was from Hollywood in the original Japanese version of the anime, too.

I love that map, because it looks so goofy with Hoenn and Johto disconnected by the unreleased region. "Please ignore this area. Nothing to see here. Magical clouds are blocking it!"
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

Quote Originally Posted by Ludo View Post
    Where did that official Generation III map from the first couple of pages come from? I wish we had a really clear scan of it.
    Which one exactly do you mean?

Page 6 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast