Pokémon World Maps - Page 53

Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Pokémon World Maps

Default Re: Pokémon World Maps

Quote Originally Posted by sonic10158 View Post
    Good map, but Sinnoh is way too far South
    Yeah, I had a hard time trying to put it as North as it should be.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vuvuzela2010 View Post
    Apparently, Kanto was (or still is) supposed to be a peninsula, as seen on the sheets for the Vending Machine cards:

What do you mean? Just because there's no "land" to the north of Kanto doesn't mean it is/was intended to be a peninsula. I'm pretty sure the picture is showing only Kanto and it's borders.

Besides, Kanto may not be a peninsula, but it has a few peninsulas; where Pallet Town is and where Fuchsia City is.
    다시 니 품에 안기고 싶은 나
    dashi ni poome angigo shipeun na
    고개숙였어 입을 막아 버렸어
    gogaesookyeosseo ipeul maka beoryeosseo

아직아닌가봐 잊지 못했나봐
    ajikaningabwa itji mothaettnabwa
    내맘이 널 가슴이 널 놓치 못했나봐
    naemami neol gaseumi neol nohji mothaettnabwa
    그리웠었나봐 잡고 싶었나봐
    geuriweosseottnabwa japgo shipeottnabwa
    그날의 널 사랑한 널 보낼수가 없었나봐
    geunaleui neol saranghan neol bonaelsuga eopseottnabwa

Blog Entries

Follow gryffindor1991 on Tumblr

I was compiling a list of where various anime locations and everything are in relation to game locations and it got me thinking. We know where the main regions are.. Kanto and Johto are side by side, Sinnoh is to the north, Hoenn is to the southwest of Johto, and the Orange Islands are south of Kanto and Johto. Bulbapedia says the Sevii Islands are far south of Kanto. Well, since the Orange Archipelago is south, I like to say the Sevii Islands are a bit east of them, so they are southeast of Kanto.

Then there's Unova, which is supposed to be far from the other regions. This is where I really started thinking. If you watch the first episode of BW where Ash, his mom, and Professor Oak are on the plane, it looks like the plane is approaching the eastern side of Unova where Nuvema Town is, from the east. Which made me realize, what if Unova is far west of the other regions. It would tie in to the western thing in the real world.. America is considered western, so that would make sense. I don't know if someone has already mentioned this, but thats just what I think.
    3ds FC: 3454-1523-2870
    Pokemon X ign: Joe
    Dark friend safari

I'm not sure if this was posted, but the names of the real life cities Pokemon cities were based on are here. ポケモン大百科 - 町・地方・都市のモデル

They are the Japanese names of cities, (Pallet Town/マサラタウン is based on Shizuoka), though it might be of use to someone who could update the bulba wiki articles.

// (Amazing how this my first time returning here after like 8 years.)
    Pokemon and Humans must learn to co-exist. Having taken Prof Oak's advice to be the absolute pinacle of meaning in pokemon, I have wrote a fanfic: Dusk on Victory Road, by charizardpal. Its at bulbagardens, or you can google it.

pokemon-world-7.png
    Worked On this one many years back.

Surgeon of Death 捷克羅姆's Avatar Bulbanews WriterBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow 捷克羅姆 On Twitter
    Follow 捷克羅姆 on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by kevinlinks View Post
    I'm not sure if this was posted, but the names of the real life cities Pokemon cities were based on are here. ポケモン大百科 - 町・地方・都市のモデル

They are the Japanese names of cities, (Pallet Town/マサラタウン is based on Shizuoka), though it might be of use to someone who could update the bulba wiki articles.

// (Amazing how this my first time returning here after like 8 years.)
    The 'pedia has a page on that too.

Cool Re: Pokémon World Maps

After looking at a lot of maps, like team rocket's world Unova map from the anime and some other maps, I have generated an understanding of the Pokemon world:
    So, on one side of the world, we see a large-ish continent, like japan, but on a larger scale and rotated about 40 degrees or so to the right. This has Kanto and Johto connected in the middle (Sevii is south of there, Orange Islands are farther south), with Sinnoh off to the side, a little bit north. Almia is South Sinnoh, with Fiore off to the west of that region. Hoenn is south and west of Johto. Oblivia is the farthest west of the island regions, separated from the others. Even farther west is a large continent: America. America is not one nation, and it is mostly desert. Orre is right in the middle, with nine other regions bordering it, including Holon. On the far east of the America-like continent is a peninsula: Unova, where New York should be, but on a much larger scale. If you go farther east, you see an ocean (The Atlantic) and then a continent shaped like Europe and Africa fused together, with Great Britain connected to Europe and Scandinavia and Italy clearly visible. China/Asia is on the same continent, even farther east, but west of Kanto, ect. North of the center of the Atlantic is another continent, Arctica, if you will. There is no Antartica? And, of course, South America. A huge, round island, this contains the Andes and Mew's habitat. And Australia is somewhere far southwest of Hoenn. Yay! I did it! I described the whole world, every region! Woop!
    [/CENTER]

Winged man prefers night Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Green Zubat View Post
    @SuperTrainStationH: Maybe everyone in the Pokémon world are secretly giants? :s Btw, the more I look at your Maps (complete w/East Unova) the more I wish they were true - at least then we'd have some proper post game content :(

Quote Originally Posted by sonic10158 View Post
    I think it's like that to show Castelia's, or maybe the region as a whole, openness to other cultures, as Castelia is known as a melting pot, according to Bulbapedia's article on Castelia City. The hand appears to be in position to shake someone else's hand, which is how people greet other's in the USA.
    I dunno, still creeps me out a bit.
    You now WHAT is creepy?

Resort Desert being located at NY's Ground Zero. AND Relic Castle having two towers.
    Green Zubat and sonic10158 like this.

Me verás volar por la ciudad de la furia...
    - Pokémon games are like boobs; designed for children, but more enjoyed by adults. (Someone on twitter)

East Unova Resident SuperTrainStationH's Avatar
    Blog Entries

[/QUOTE]You now WHAT is creepy?

Resort Desert being located at NY's Ground Zero. AND Relic Castle having two towers.[/QUOTE]

If the World Trade Center site were to have been represented in Unova, it would have literally been in the middle of Castelia City. The Desert Resort is FAR south of where ground zero would have been.

Quote Originally Posted by martianmister View Post
    From anime-canon (if you care):

Animators really do like Scandinavia :P
    Yeah, there are at least three or four of them. You can also see an italy or two, and that island over russia is pretty prominent. You know, Since those maps show three separate sides of the world, I guess the other regions are on the fourth, probably. So is the other side of the Unova continent, which I think is where Orre is. Ha.
    [/CENTER]

I edited my map so it is more accurate. Everything should be in it's correct spot expect Unova, Holon, Orre, Almia, and Oblivia. The regions I have not added yet are in the box. Also I do realize the Unova is supposed to be far from all the other regions, I put it on here so all the regions could be on one map. I would like to give credit to NikNaks Poke'Japan Map as it is largely based off of it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shorian55 View Post
    I edited my map so it is more accurate. Everything should be in it's correct spot expect Unova, Holon, Orre, Almia, and Oblivia. The regions I have not added yet are in the box. Also I do realize the Unova is supposed to be far from all the other regions, I put it on here so all the regions could be on one map. I would like to give credit to NikNaks Poke'Japan Map as it is largely based off of it.
    I think Hoenn should be farther south though... I'm pretty sure it's south of the Orange Islands at the ver least... and I don't think Unova would be on the same landmass as Kanjoh... but pretty awesome!
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

Blog Entries

Follow gryffindor1991 on Tumblr

I tweaked one of the above maps and placed things so they make a bit more sense. No where near perfect, but it looks pretty cool.

oops, well, turns out I don't know how to post pictures right, but I hope it can be seen.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pokemap.png   pokemap.png  
    Last edited by gryffindor1991; 13th March 2012 at 12:41 PM.
    3ds FC: 3454-1523-2870
    Pokemon X ign: Joe
    Dark friend safari

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gryffindor1991 View Post
    I tweaked one of the above maps and placed things so they make a bit more sense. No where near perfect, but it looks pretty cool.

oops, well, turns out I don't know how to post pictures right, but I hope it can be seen.
    It can be seen it's just small, And to post Images just do [IMG*]Image location[/IMG*] minis the* It took me a long time to get this, also its a good map I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by gryffindor1991 View Post

Somehow, Hoenn seems a little small in this. And the Orre location is a nice idea - but it doesn't correspond very well with real-world Japan. And Unova is where it should be, way to the side, though it doesn't correspond with TR's maps in that one episode. If you even care about those maps.
    It seems like there are two kinds of people: Those who make maps with Almia and Fiore close together, but not connected to anything else, and those who make Almia connect up with Sinnoh, which is probably better in terms of corresponding with Japan.
    And the third kind of people, who just look at other people's maps and not make any maps of their own. I am the third kind. Fear me.
    [/CENTER]