Pokémon World Maps - Page 51

Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Pokémon World Maps

Default Re: Pokémon World Maps

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    I would like to point out that this map makes sense when you take into consideration that "Old World" Pokemon are only found on the eastern side of Unova. Just saying.
    To sort of add to this (I think) though this doesn't really mean anything, at one point during B/W there is an NPC you can talk to who is facing East towards the water that makes some sort of comment about some of the older regions being that way across the ocean. How much anyone wants to actually read into that though is another story. Though we could use this and the rough estimated distances I posted earlier from comments Skyla made about the other regions to get a rough area where the older regions may be, but once again character comments in game may have to be taken with a grain of salt, we really don't know.

East Unova Resident SuperTrainStationH's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thanks to NikNak's toolkit, I started building my own Gen IV style map of Unova, with East Unova added of course. I intend to eventually add the area far "north" of the landmass enclosing Undella Bay as well.

Last edited by SuperTrainStationH; 17th June 2011 at 08:09 AM.

Registered User vuvuzela2010's Avatar Archives Junior

Quote Originally Posted by SuperTrainStationH View Post
    Yes, but the problem is that Ocarina of Time doesn't mention that the ending split and the gameplay suggests a singular time flow. The Ocarina of TIme split timeline notion didn't exist at all until an Eiji Aonuma interview from around the time Wind Waker came out. Hopefully the game script for OOT 3D fixes this so the split is actually mentioned during the ending or something. Thats for a different board though.

Likewise in Black/White, we actually have cases of multiple neighborhoods we can can visit in the game and see actual real life equivalents and KNOW objectively that its based on New York.
    I've never considered that split timeline theory to be right. The guy who was interviewed most likely thought "lets have a laugh".

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vuvuzela2010 View Post
    I've never considered that split timeline theory to be right. The guy who was interviewed most likely thought "lets have a laugh".
    Considering the split timeline incorrect is about the same as insisting that Unova is "really" Shanghai and that Masuda was mistaken when he said it was based on New York, and this is coming from a guy who has written 20 page treatises on problems with the split timeline. Could we start a separate thread for this please? I just meant that to draw a comparison with players trying to question the creators, not to actually talk about this here and distract from the map/location discussion.

Blog Entries
    Follow Green Zubat On Twitter Add Green Zubat on Facebook
    Follow Green Zubat on Tumblr Visit Green Zubat's Youtube Channel

I think if they did do an official map - with all the regions - Unova & Orre would be on one continent, Sinnoh, Kato, Sevii Islands, Johto & Hoenn on another & Fiore, Almia & Oblivia on a third (though closer to the second). Faraway would probably be as far away from all of the as possibly (obv.) and naval rock/birth island close to the Sevii Islands. If Holon were included (though I doubt it, despite wishing for it) it'd also be further away from the first three continents, though closer than Faraway Island.

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    What better place than the maps thread? (No, really. What place would be better suited?)

Also, I would like to point out that this map makes sense when you take into consideration that "Old World" Pokemon are only found on the eastern side of Unova. Just saying.
    An NPC in-game (possibly a ranger) near the poke-transfer lab mentions that they're checking for pokemon escaped from the lab, implying that the Old World Unovan pokemon are (at least partially) derived from poke-transfer breakouts that have subsequently multiplied & spread.
    Last edited by Green Zubat; 20th June 2011 at 09:50 PM.

Credit to Missingno. Master for creating this lovely team snap for my sig :)

I didn't consider it could be shang hi? interesting!

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

This is not the place to discuss what Unova is based on. It has been confirmed to be inspired by New York City. There is no reason to discuss it further, especially not here.
    sonic10158 likes this.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Registered User vuvuzela2010's Avatar Archives Junior

I made this map (with the help of Serebii.net's Pokearth, and others) in the style of the blank maps found on Wikipedia. Click to enlarge, its not small though.

From left to right:

Unova (the places on the far corners of Unova are locations shown on the Battle Subway map)
    Kanto/Johto (the island to the south is New Island, in its location before the retcon)
    Hoenn
    Orre (the routes shown are the paths seen on the Orre map in Colosseum)
    Orange Islands (the route shown is the path taken in the anime)
    Sinnoh
    Guyana
    Faraway Island
    Shinjoh
    Oblivia
    Fiore
    Almia
    Sevii Islands

Colour key:
    Light Grey: Land
    Light Blue: Route with Land + Water
    Blue: Water
    Black: Villages, towns and cities
    Dark Grey: Caves
    Lighter Dark Grey: Other places (forests, etc.)
    Last edited by vuvuzela2010; 2nd July 2011 at 01:17 PM. Reason: click image to enlarge

Blog Entries

A bit of a random post, but I think this is the correct thread for this (didn't want to make a whole new one for it):

Why do the Castelia Docks form a hand?! So creepy O.o

Blog Entries

Follow Baka-kun on Tumblr

^It's a harbour, and thus reaches out to the entire world through shipping.
    Making the harbour look like a hand was some brilliant thinking on GameFreak's part.
    The moment man devoured the fruit of knowledge, he sealed his fate… Entrusting his future to the cards, man clings to a dim hope. Yet, the arcana is the means by which all is revealed. Beyond the beaten path lies the absolute end. It matters not who you are… Death awaits you - Nyx (Persona 3)
    <- banner by TheEroKing of animesuki forums.

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Green Zubat View Post
    A bit of a random post, but I think this is the correct thread for this (didn't want to make a whole new one for it):

Why do the Castelia Docks form a hand?! So creepy O.o
    I think it's like that to show Castelia's, or maybe the region as a whole, openness to other cultures, as Castelia is known as a melting pot, according to Bulbapedia's article on Castelia City. The hand appears to be in position to shake someone else's hand, which is how people greet other's in the USA.

Blog Entries

Speaking of Castelia City's southern end, check out this scene from the beginning of BW 001.

Obviously they wanted to depict Unova as seen from space, but they way the blew it up to gargantuan size to the point where each of Castelia City's docks look like gigantic peninsulas suggests that Unova in the anime is massively upscaled compared to Unova as seen in the games, which is actually relatively on scale to the actual geography compared to the massive distances seen in the anime for the sake of inserting filler in between towns.

Though i cropped this screencap, its actually shown as being so large as visibly occupying the curvature of the planet, as though it were the size of an entire continent.
    sonic10158 likes this.

Blog Entries

@SuperTrainStationH: Maybe everyone in the Pokémon world are secretly giants? :s Btw, the more I look at your Maps (complete w/East Unova) the more I wish they were true - at least then we'd have some proper post game content :(

Quote Originally Posted by sonic10158 View Post
    I think it's like that to show Castelia's, or maybe the region as a whole, openness to other cultures, as Castelia is known as a melting pot, according to Bulbapedia's article on Castelia City. The hand appears to be in position to shake someone else's hand, which is how people greet other's in the USA.
    I dunno, still creeps me out a bit.

Btw, has anyone else noticed that if you rotate the map 90 degrees clockwise the mountains (& land around them) near the Undella Bay area looks a lot like Orre?? They're both based on America, just sayin'!

Blog Entries

Aww, thanks Green Zubat! :)

By coincidence, here's my finished map.

All I did was add some darker green to it in parts and removed the "unished" text. :P

i was bored and did some googling and noticed this map of orre:

it looks like the region is completely land locked. there also appears to be several other named regions around it as well. does anyone have any larger pictures of orre that may show the other regions' names? also has anyone made a map that closer resembles that map instead of the one that i've noticed most orre maps are based off of which is this:
    To me that water area is not the sea but is more likely one of the two lakes on that map that look similar to the water in the last map.

Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast