Pokémon World Maps - Page 49

Page 49 of 55 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Pokémon World Maps

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokémon World Maps

Quote Originally Posted by Kameinu View Post
    I'll say it again, Skyla's comment puts Unova to the east of Kanto. And if she delivers to Kanto AND Sinnoh the two must not be far apart. Also the fact that all other regions except the first version 4 are said to be faraway. Sinnoh isn't said to be faraway from Kanto, so I highly believe it's rather close. Not Johto close, but close.
    Okay, here's something that should help you visualize where the regions are most likely located. I strongly believe that the first four region (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh) corresponds to Japan. I mean, the resemblance is uncanny and the regions have already been confirmed to be based on the various regions in Japan by Game Freak or Nintendo people.

As you can see, Sinnoh is somewhat further away from Kanto, Johto and Hoenn. Hoenn is much closer to the mainland.

EDIT: I'm only showing this because I am not sure if you knew about this. Just wanted to make sure you're (and others) aware. :]
    다시 니 품에 안기고 싶은 나
    dashi ni poome angigo shipeun na
    고개숙였어 입을 막아 버렸어
    gogaesookyeosseo ipeul maka beoryeosseo

아직아닌가봐 잊지 못했나봐
    ajikaningabwa itji mothaettnabwa
    내맘이 널 가슴이 널 놓치 못했나봐
    naemami neol gaseumi neol nohji mothaettnabwa
    그리웠었나봐 잡고 싶었나봐
    geuriweosseottnabwa japgo shipeottnabwa
    그날의 널 사랑한 널 보낼수가 없었나봐
    geunaleui neol saranghan neol bonaelsuga eopseottnabwa

Also known as Kameinu. himanuts's Avatar
    Follow himanuts On Twitter Add himanuts on Facebook Add himanuts on Google+
    Follow himanuts on Tumblr Visit himanuts's Youtube Channel

There the same land pieces but turned around in some cases. But just because they're BASED on Japan doesn't mean they are in the same order. Unova is based on New York and so far things don't indicate it to be in a similar geographical location to it's real world counterpart.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kameinu View Post
    There the same land pieces but turned around in some cases. But just because they're BASED on Japan doesn't mean they are in the same order. Unova is based on New York and so far things don't indicate it to be in a similar geographical location to it's real world counterpart.
    Well, it is better and safer to assume that it matches the island of Japan's form than randomly placing it in different places.

And your logic about Unova not being based on NYC doesn't work... See the picture below to see why?

It's nearly perfect isn't it?

And, your logic also fails because:
    Hoenn's real-world counterpart is the Japanese island of Kyushu. Hoenn features a desert, while Kyushu doesn't have any desert.

Same with Sinnoh, there is no desert in the northeastern island in it's real-world counterpart.

So please, check before stating BS as fact.
    다시 니 품에 안기고 싶은 나
    고개숙였어 입을 막아 버렸어

아직아닌가봐 잊지 못했나봐
    내맘이 널 가슴이 널 놓치 못했나봐
    그리웠었나봐 잡고 싶었나봐
    그날의 널 사랑한 널 보낼수가 없었나봐

Blog Entries

Follow hurristat on Tumblr

Unova is based on New York, though, albeit loosely.

Sugimori has stated as much.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hurristat View Post
    Unova is based on New York, though, albeit loosely.

Sugimori has stated as much.
    Can you please quote the person you're responding to? I'm a bit confused! Hehe :D
    다시 니 품에 안기고 싶은 나
    고개숙였어 입을 막아 버렸어

아직아닌가봐 잊지 못했나봐
    내맘이 널 가슴이 널 놓치 못했나봐
    그리웠었나봐 잡고 싶었나봐
    그날의 널 사랑한 널 보낼수가 없었나봐

Blog Entries

Follow hurristat on Tumblr

It appears I have misunderstood both of you.

The comment is directed more at Kameinu, because the analogue is quite close to NYC -- not quite as close as was Sinnoh (which was a carbon copy of the northern island, the name of which I am blanking out on), but still very close, and close enough to warrant a geographical comparison.

I don't recall any game information saying that Sinnoh is particularly close to Kanto. Correct me if I'm wrong there.

And I said before, I thought it would make more sense to put it in the Shanghai area rather than all the way in NY, because "far away" likely doesn't mean that far, and Shanghai and New York's geography isn't too dissimilar anyway. Sure, the urbanised bits are in different places, but it has the two-river thing going on, as someone pointed out a while ago.

Also, while I remember, Almia is uncannily like the region between Hokkaido and Honshu, which is why it's there, and Fiore is meant to be near Sinnoh (hence why Manaphy gets sent there and not to Johto), so I put it near the pair of them.

Finally, Kameinu, there are many other styles that would better suit an anime map. My personal favourite, if you'd like to see it, is found here on DeviantArt. It's short of many anime towns in some regions, but Kanto has various anime-exclusive towns and changes. In my opinion, it's an excellent representation, but you might still have qualms with the geography. xD

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    I'm assuming Unova is very far east of the other four main regions. I kind of wish GF would release a map of the world themselves, but then again, maybe it's better left up to our interpretations. It can be kind of fun to speculate where exactly the regions fit in relation to each other.
    The only problem with GF doing that is that it'll eventually be out of date, and a few might interpret that as GF saying there might never be another region introduced (not me, though).

East Unova Resident SuperTrainStationH's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NikNaks View Post
    ...And I said before, I thought it would make more sense to put it in the Shanghai area rather than all the way in NY, because "far away" likely doesn't mean that far, and Shanghai and New York's geography isn't too dissimilar anyway. Sure, the urbanised bits are in different places, but it has the two-river thing going on, as someone pointed out a while ago....
    Except Unova is explicitly based on New York and not Shanghai, its not as though the two are interchangeable and of negligible difference to each other.

GF wont commit to a "global map" especially now that they've taken the regions outside of being based just on Japan. They'll add pieces as they explore new parts of the world.

Blog Entries

I don't recall any game information saying that Sinnoh is particularly close to Kanto. Correct me if I'm wrong there.
    You're correct. There has never been any information regarding the distance between Kanto and Sinnoh.

And I said before, I thought it would make more sense to put it in the Shanghai area rather than all the way in NY, because "far away" likely doesn't mean that far, and Shanghai and New York's geography isn't too dissimilar anyway. Sure, the urbanised bits are in different places, but it has the two-river thing going on, as someone pointed out a while ago.
    I hope you DO realize that the Unova region is based on NYC, not Shanghai. Even Junichi Masuda (I might be stating the wrong person, though) said that Unova is based on New York City.
    다시 니 품에 안기고 싶은 나
    고개숙였어 입을 막아 버렸어

아직아닌가봐 잊지 못했나봐
    내맘이 널 가슴이 널 놓치 못했나봐
    그리웠었나봐 잡고 싶었나봐
    그날의 널 사랑한 널 보낼수가 없었나봐

Blog Entries

Even though I know what Masuda said, I still wish it was Shanghai and part of me wishes for Masuda to fix his mistake and explicitly state that Isshu/Unova drew inspiration from NYC, but is not based on NYC.

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." -George S. Patton
    Arceus is a false god. Only science knows the true answer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    Even though I know what Masuda said, I still wish it was Shanghai and part of me wishes for Masuda to fix his mistake and explicitly state that Isshu/Unova drew inspiration from NYC, but is not based on NYC.
    I remember you from BW pre-release. I'm just curious as to why you really wanted Shanghai instead of NYC.

And the same can be said for Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh. They all drew inspiration from their real-world counterparts. Does Kyushu have a desert like Hoenn? No.
    Does the Cycling road in the Kanto region also exist in the real-world counterpart? No. There's not even a bridge.

So, thank you for correcting me. Each and every regions are inspired from their real-world counterparts, not based on them.
    다시 니 품에 안기고 싶은 나
    고개숙였어 입을 막아 버렸어

아직아닌가봐 잊지 못했나봐
    내맘이 널 가슴이 널 놓치 못했나봐
    그리웠었나봐 잡고 싶었나봐
    그날의 널 사랑한 널 보낼수가 없었나봐

Also known as Kameinu. himanuts's Avatar
    Follow himanuts On Twitter Add himanuts on Facebook Add himanuts on Google+
    Follow himanuts on Tumblr Visit himanuts's Youtube Channel

Finally, Kameinu, there are many other styles that would better suit an anime map. My personal favourite, if you'd like to see it, is found here on DeviantArt. It's short of many anime towns in some regions, but Kanto has various anime-exclusive towns and changes. In my opinion, it's an excellent representation, but you might still have qualms with the geography. xD
    Actually that interpretation is very interesting. Thanks for sharing that, highly appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Venator View Post
    Why is basing Unova on New York a "mistake"? Its obviously based on its real world counterpart the same way Kanto based on it's real world counterpart.

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Are we going down that road again? We got nowhere last time...

It's clearly NYC, specifically Manhattan.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Page 49 of 55 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast