Pokémon World Maps - Page 4

Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Pokémon World Maps

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by nYoo View Post
    You know, there are no Orange Islands in the games and there are no Sevii Islands in the anime, so they could be both south of Kanto. For a map with both I would assume that either one is south of the other and both are south of Kanto.
    I think you're right because I have a map that shows the orange islands underneath the sevii islands. The other good thing about the map is that it shows the areas that movies took place in. It also includes Kanto, Johto and Hoenn.

That map kinda can't be very right though, since Hoenn is far to the south of Kanto and Johto, and in that map, it's practically at the same height as them.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

May the Aura be with you. FabuVinny's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There's an official picture (from one of the Japanese Pokémon Centers) that shows Hoenn around that area in relation to Kanto/Johto.

who drew that ugly thing Porygon's Avatar

That map always seemed a bit iffy to me, I mean sure it's the only official reference we have, but it seems too anime-centric and I have a feeling it was just put together for simple promotional purposes.

Also, the cloudyness between Johto and Hoenn comes across as having the possibility to symbolise distance to me.
    blogosphere

Blog Entries

The map's significance to the games boils down to the following:

• There is no reason to suspect that the Pokémon world does not represent Japan, at least in a general sense. The similarities are not anyone's figment of imagination.

• Sevii Islands are located south to Kanto, or at the very least, they are closer to that location than Orange Islands, which either do not exist outside the anime or they are farther south from Kanto than Sevii Islands.

Quote Originally Posted by Unown Lord View Post
    • Sevii Islands are located south to Kanto, or at the very least, they are closer to that location than Orange Islands, which either do not exist outside the anime or they are farther south from Kanto than Sevii Islands.
    I don't ever remember seeing confirmation of this. I thought FR/LG made it a point to not show Kanto and the islands on the map at the same time. I really haven't played it in ages though...
    blogosphere

Unown Lord, which map are you talking about?

If you're talking about the movie promotion one, then the Pokémon world isn't literally equivalent to Japan, because Hoenn is oriented incorrectly. At least, unless you're interpreting the clouds very loosely (but if the clouds indicate a large space with unknown regions in between, why didn't they actually separate them into separate maps, like the Sevii Islands, nor rotate Hoenn?).

And if you mean the map pokemaniac1511 posted...well, that's a fanmade one by Altomare Latios.

I mean, no one can deny that Kanto-Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh are directly stylized after certain regions in Japan. But I'm more iffy about all of Japan...

...Unless I'm misunderstanding you. -_-
    "It's...it's like winning the lottery, without the taxes!"
    "Remember, the enemy's gate is down."
    "And like that...POW! I'm gone!"
    "Buh! Buh! Buh huh huh!"
    "You're doomed, you junior-varsity losers!"

Unown Lord was giving reasons for why the promotional map might not correlate to how the Pokemon world is really 'supposed' to be layed out.
    blogosphere

Blog Entries

I admit that I wasn't very clear. I was trying to make a point about the official anime map confirming that the positioning of Hoenn and Sevii Islands in respect to Kanto and Johto corresponds to Japan's map, at least loosely.

That is, there is no reason to suspect that Hoenn is not west to Johto or that Sevii Islands are not south to Sevii Islands. Evidence suggesting otherwise bears less merit than the map in question, which in my opinion is not very reliable itself as far as the games are concerned.

Suffice to say, there are still open questions regarding Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sevii Islands and the newly-added Sinnoh, but I should think that the consensus is widely accepted. On another matter, I have been surprised to see little reaction to the revised map of Orre introduced in XD, which should have long refuted beliefs of the region correlating to Arizona. This is a premise of a more logical solution.

Pokefan Benji

Talking Good Idea?

Does anybody think it would be a good idea for me to make a google earth style map for the pokemon regions?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

What is this completely offtopic poll doing here?

Because it was there when I merged the two threads and I don't know how to get rid of it. Just ignore it.

Thank you Jolty for the banner!
    Pokémon Messageboards I Visit:
    Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden ~ Serebii's Pokemon Page
    My LiveJournal
    "Stop making us have sex with each other in your fanfictions." ~Ray Toro of My Chemical Romance
    "I am dead serious. I am not that pretty." ~Gerard Way of My Chemical Romance

Quote Originally Posted by PokefanBenji View Post
    Does anybody think it would be a good idea for me to make a google earth style map for the pokemon regions?
    well they could use a google earth map for pokemon
    cause pokemon is on the planet earth, Mew comes from South America,
    and if i rember correctly another pokemon (from orginal Sarfari zone) came for china

the point is, the pokemon world is on earth, and Nintendo should make a MMO for pokemon that uses the whole pokemon world, and all the pokemon that exist (on earth) and maby expantions that allow for new planets to be explored, cause we all no there r two pokemon that they no forsure came form space (we no they all did)
    My Fire Red Team
    1. Blastoise
    2. Gengar
    3. Dragonite
    4. Typhlosion
    5. Tyranitar
    6. Alakazam

The pokemon Keyblade User Darkstorm17's Avatar
    I live in the road that connects to 2 universes

I kinda sketch my version of including the regions we already know of, I think this is primarly where the places are....except Fiore is a major guess but it does look fitting.

www.photobucket.com/albums/m169/Darkstorm17/pokemon_map.jpg"

also when a character says the place is faraway, it could mean anything. Like for instance, they say Johto is faraway when you live in Saffron City....maybe Orre is located the same land mass?
    Last edited by Darkstorm17; 4th April 2007 at 06:24 AM.

Follow TokoTamer On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Tappei View Post
    well they could use a google earth map for pokemon
    cause pokemon is on the planet earth, Mew comes from South America,
    and if i rember correctly another pokemon (from orginal Sarfari zone) came for china

the point is, the pokemon world is on earth, and Nintendo should make a MMO for pokemon that uses the whole pokemon world, and all the pokemon that exist (on earth) and maby expantions that allow for new planets to be explored, cause we all no there r two pokemon that they no forsure came form space (we no they all did)
    Eh, I don't really see it that way. I just disregard all of those real world references. If the Pokemon World was infact located on Earth where would it fit? Kanto and Johto seem to be the length of the Atlantic ocean (eh, now that I think about it, probably not, I think they are much bigger than theeir real life Japan counter-parts though... ). Not to mention Hoenn, Fiore, Orre, Orange Islands, Sevii Islands, and Sinnoh.
    Last edited by TokoTamer; 3rd April 2007 at 04:43 PM.

Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast