Pokémon World Maps - Page 12

Page 12 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Pokémon World Maps

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/8950/pm02as7.png
    It appears that Kanto is immediatley south west of Sinnoh...

Hi Rayne's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries

May want another peek at that map howelllawson ;). If you look closer, the Sinnoh map is just an insert of the region. It works that way in many maps with far off pieces of land. For example Hawaii is placed right next to California in a little box even though the two are understandably hundreds of miles apart. Its the same principle here.

-In Simple Harmony-

Head GoldNinjaShipper Super Smasher's Avatar
    Pipit Town, Staring point of the Iria Region
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kinaxe View Post
    I am confused on if the real continents are in the pokemon world. In one episode, Giovanni tell Jessie, James, and Meowth to go to Antartica. Also, they metion in the Movie Mewtwo Strikes Back that Team Rocket looks just like the Vikings. Are the real continents with the Pokemon regions in the Pokemon World?
    Actually, in response to Misty talking about the "Vikings" in Mewtwo Strikes Back, Ash pulls out the "They mostly live in Minnesota" pun, obviously on the pro football team. But that's still 4kids' dub, I haven't watched a sub of the Japanese version yet to find out.

I truly think that most of the regions fall into place with their Japanese counterparts. Especially in the handheld versions. I'm not so sure about Orre, I have yet to find the mountain that Mt. Battle is, but I'm pretty sure that Eclo Canyon is the Grand Canyon.

for Channel, I propose that Mintale Town has sprung up a little south and to the east of Viridian City in Kanto, and that Mt. Snowfall is part of the same mountain chain as Mt. Silver.

The Fiore-Korea theory is just as good as any.

Has anybody found any maps to compare all these islands? (Orange, Sevii, Duelist, Pokemon) I get lost and dizzy every time I try.

I'm not even bothering with Puzzle Leauge.

As for the Pokemon Continent...yah, alternate universe.

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Super Smasher View Post
    Actually, in response to Misty talking about the "Vikings" in Mewtwo Strikes Back, Ash pulls out the "They mostly live in Minnesota" pun, obviously on the pro football team. But that's still 4kids' dub, I haven't watched a sub of the Japanese version yet to find out.
    Even though that was dub-only, we still know America exists in that world because it's where Surge is from.

Blog Entries

Visit ashita's Youtube Channel

was that dub ony too or was that in the Japanese version as well cos the whole "lightning American" has always been rather fishy to me

Originally Posted by MAGNEDETH View Post
    personally, ive never been raped, but i try to rape as many people on a daily basis as i can.
    my record is 47 people in one day, oh what a day...

Blog Entries

Lightning American was Surge's nickname in the games, too. Not sure about the Japanese version though.
    no moar sig 4 u D=<

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nebula View Post
    Lightning American was Surge's nickname in the games, too. Not sure about the Japanese version though.
    In Japanese version his nickname was also "Lighting American" (イナズマ アメリカン Inazuma American).

Blog Entries

Visit ashita's Youtube Channel

hmmm that is a rather interesting point then
    so tha raises th question of where the continents including the americas and europe are?

Originally Posted by MAGNEDETH View Post
    personally, ive never been raped, but i try to rape as many people on a daily basis as i can.
    my record is 47 people in one day, oh what a day...

It's myyyy spoon! Stormchaser Raijin's Avatar

We'd have to put a Pok&#233;mon region map ontop of a world map to figure that out.

Has anyone tried that yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Red View Post
    We'd have to put a Pok&#233;mon region map ontop of a world map to figure that out.

Has anyone tried that yet?
    Just because parts of the Pok&#233;mon World are based on parts of the real world, that doesn't have to mean that they are in the same positions relatively to each other as the original regions are.

And even if that was the case, what would it help to put the Pok&#233;mon regions on a real world map? Besides Orre, they're all based on Japanese regions. There are no Pok&#233;mon regions based on Europe or America (besides Orre). We know how the real World looks like, there's no need to lay the few Japanese regions on a real World map, it wouldn't look much different.

I think pokemon world doesn't have the concept of America or Europe, because there is no expression that Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh regions belong to Japan.
    But Surge is certainly said to be from 'America' in certain Japanese pokemon arts. It's probubly because in real world, Japan has a U.S. naval bese (but it's near Celadon City: Yokosuka City in Japan) and near U.S. bases, Japanese often see American soldiers, then creater of pokemon made a character who had belonged to U.S. force, I guess.

...I also sometimes see some soldiers who is in vacation in a shopping mall near U.S. air base which is in the east of Pewter City. (Yokota Airbase in Tokyo Prefecture)

追放されたバカ

Hmm... Ok, I know the Lt. Surge being from America was mentioned from the games, but that doesn't mean that Pokemon takes place on earth. Plus, He may not even be actually from America, but rather that was his stage name (sort of like how Misty was called "Tomboy Mermaid" or "Tomboyish Mermaid" despite her not really being an actual mermaid [she doesn't have a fishtail, she doesn't have the same mannerisms of a mermaid, and, besides which, she doesn't state {or at least imply} that she is of Merperson descent, as far as I know.].). Then again, his Poke-entry in FRLG seemed to imply that he also was from America... so...?

Also, Orre is most likely based off of a Japanese region as well (I mean, I really don't think Arizona has an ocean near the west part of the map, but then again, that was added into Pokemon XD.) Most likely Pokemon.com was making stuff up. It won't be the first time they made a mistake that would look bad on their permanent record.

Oh, speaking of Pokemon world maps, I might have asked this before, but I'll ask again since no one responded. Does anyone know where to buy the Official Maps online? If they aren't able to be sold online, Does anyone at least know where the Anime places are on those maps (not counting Movie locations, just stuff from anime episodes like Porta Vista, Gringey city, etc, etc.). As I have said before, I need it for a little project. almost a fanfiction, though not quite. I'd personally like both of the maps, but If i can't get the both of them, The maps made for the 10th movie will do just fine.

Please respond ASAP.

thanks.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Official maps are impossible-to-buy.

Unless you buy a game guide, then it'll probably include Sugimori's map artwork.

I NEED Orre Map from XD with all locations uncovered. It must be in a good quality and full size (I really don't need that small picture from Merrick's site). I believe the full map can be found in Pokemon XD Prima/NP Guide (does anyone have it?). Please help me!

追放されたバカ

Ok, maybe I can't buy them from a regular online store, but can I at least buy them off of Ebay? I mean, I really need it, and since I don't live anywhere near Japan, There's nothing I can do in regards to getting one there. And does anyone know if these official maps cover any Anime-only locations (I mean, you know, Besides the locations of the movies and the Orange Islands)?

As for your request of a good XD Orre map, I'll see what I can do. I do have a Nintendo Power official guide to it, but the Picture isn't exactly high quality.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Weedle Mchairybug View Post
    Ok, maybe I can't buy them from a regular online store, but can I at least buy them off of Ebay? I mean, I really need it, and since I don't live anywhere near Japan, There's nothing I can do in regards to getting one there. And does anyone know if these official maps cover any Anime-only locations (I mean, you know, Besides the locations of the movies and the Orange Islands)?
    But those maps are promotional exclusives. You can't "buy" them. That's the problem.

About anime-only locations - when I looked onto anime promotional map, I noticed some "extra" towns. However, they are unsigned so I really don't know what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Weedle Mchairybug View Post
    As for your request of a good XD Orre map, I'll see what I can do. I do have a Nintendo Power official guide to it, but the Picture isn't exactly high quality.
    Post the best you can, it will be appreciated.

Page 12 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast