Pokémon World Government - Page 3

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Pokémon World Government

Blog Entries

The Cipher Admin who takes over Phenac in XD said he would be the Governor of Orre. So it's cannon that there are regional central governments.

I feel like Poomo tonight.

The Dude Abides

I like the idea of a parliament. Maybe the government is split in two. One part to control Pokemon related things, and the other to conduct lawmaking, police, regulate commerce, oversee the courts, provide healthcare, etc. Hmmm... I think the manga provide the fullest picture of the Pokemon world.

Sootopolis Water Pulser OkashiraShinomori's Avatar

Default The Government

It's fairly obvious that, for the majority of things concerning Pokemon, the League is the established governing body. But it's highly unlikely that a government based upon a single leader and 4 cronies, so to speak, selected by way of strength in combat is going to persist. There has to be something superior to and controlling the League, but what is it and how does it operate?

-Harmony in both the Sky and Sea, I'm a GracefulShipper-

Lost in the digital world, but posting from Massachusetts.
    Blog Entries

I never actually saw the pokemon world as all that centralized... I wouldn't be surprised if it were, say, a loose confederation of city-states, the league seems more an athletic body than a government, and while absence of evidence is not evidence of absence...

I'm pretty sure there's a centralized government of some kind, evidenced by the presence of laws, Officer Jennies all having the same uniform and consistant currency. Though I don't really know about the strength of that government...it'd be kinda hard to keep track of people who are constantly traveling around, you know?

Wait, wasn't there a topic like this already? *goes off to find it*

EDIT: Nevermind, it's pretty old. You can still look at the arguments presented in it here, but please don't practice thread necromancy.

EDIT2: Here's another one.
    Last edited by Roses Ablaze; 27th January 2006 at 11:10 AM.

Thank you Jolty for the banner!
    Pokémon Messageboards I Visit:
    Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden ~ Serebii's Pokemon Page
    My LiveJournal
    "Stop making us have sex with each other in your fanfictions." ~Ray Toro of My Chemical Romance
    "I am dead serious. I am not that pretty." ~Gerard Way of My Chemical Romance

I never saw the League as the Government. Even a ten year old could be in it. Just because someone is good with Pokemon and is strong enough to defeat the Pokemon League, it dosn't necessarily mean they're a good person.
    My Pokemon Website

Kanto Journeys

Charlie, a twelve year old trainer sets off on her journey. On the big day, she wakes early and meets Team Roket members, Max and Sam. Intrigued? I've been told it's a good read...

These wounds won't seem to heal
    This pain is just too real
    There's just too much that time can not erase

Or it could be like Japan's government, but that would cause some problems with what is canon.

Does Team Rocket hire? ImJessieTR's Avatar

I've thought of them as a governing body (maybe not of everything, since there are mayors and such), but that could be because I'm a fan of one of my friend's (known as DonCorleone or Michael Corleone) fics which treat them as corrupt and out-of-touch with the rest of the population.
    Protect the World from Devastation -- a fanfic
    Has anyone else noticed a weird progression in fanaticism as the generations progressed? Giovanni must define himself in the presence of the religious fanatics and the cruel sociopath....

Blog Entries

Conisdering the eyes we have of the Pokemon is of a 10-15 year old kid, the government doesn't have that much of a roll. You can't vote until you're twenty in Japan. This, it has to be there. The police force and money is evidence to that.

I feel like Poomo tonight.

That's true, it is likely unfairly represented throughout the series. Ah, if only there were a Pokemon game set for the older demographic.

Theres a theory that the Elite Four are the Government and the Gym Leaders are like Governers. So that Johto and Kanto share a government. And Hoenn and Orre each have seprate ones.

Well, that theory is simply illogical from a purely political view. As someone else stated, the League Champion would be a variable leader since it could be a seasoned politician or a 15 year-old kid. As long as their Pokemon are strong, they can rule the entire region, and that doesn't make sense.

Now, if the Leage were an entity WITHIN a larger government, the format you suggested would work well, but only governing trainers active within the competetive league.

Quote Originally Posted by OkashiraShinomori
    As long as their Pokemon are strong, they can rule the entire region, and that doesn't make sense.
    Exactly. I really don't understand where people get this idea that being the strongest trainer = a desk job as a politician. The two are completely unrelated positions and have completely different skill requirements. Besides, why would a pokemon fanatic aspire to be the leader of an entire country? It's just illogical.

My LiveJournal
    "Stop making us have sex with each other in your fanfictions." ~Ray Toro of My Chemical Romance

roses ablaze as much as i agree, this is a community that revolves around Pokemon. A Pokemon Trainer is seen there as a Movie Star is seen in out sense. With no known government we can only assume that it is govern by the League Champion. This is how i see it. President= Champion, Senate= Elite Four Govereners= Gym Leaders. In towns without gym leaders they are seen over by Prof. or neighboring towns.

Movie stars aren't politicians :p

My LiveJournal

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast