Pokémon World General Chat Thread - Page 2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon World General Chat Thread

Banana eating Gengar GengarEatBanana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokémon World General Chat Thread

I've been playing Ocarina of Time 3D and Mario Kart 7 recently. Both have been really fun to play, however I miss the absence of Waluigi.
    White FC: 2237-0577-3400
    Bulbagarden PO Server!
    P.World | N.World

Surprise! winstein's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GengarEatBanana View Post
    I've been playing Ocarina of Time 3D and Mario Kart 7 recently. Both have been really fun to play, however I miss the absence of Waluigi.
    When Waluigi's out of the picture, you can just see many players wishing he's included. I am pleasantly surprised by this, because Waluigi's a funny character and it's shown that many people appreciates Waluigi.

That's it for now.
    “A single soul can uphold a standard far above the low threshold by which the world measures itself.”

Latest Review: Dark-type Award Ceremony
    Bonus articles: Mega Evolution Candidates (Part 7) -- Generation 6 Pokémon (07/12/2013)

Blog Entries

@winstein,

Yeh man, Waluigi's fantastic. Although the introduction of Shy Guy, Lakitu and Wiggler showed off some good new characters, Honey Queen and Metal Mario weren't the most suitable characters to add into the game.
    Bulbagarden PO Server!
    P.World | N.World

Blog Entries

@winstein,

Yeh man, Waluigi's fantastic. Although the introduction of Shy Guy, Lakitu and Wiggler showed off some good new characters, Honey Queen and Metal Mario weren't the most suitable characters to add into the game.
    Wasn't Shy Guy in MKDS?

Blog Entries

@Synthesis,

Shy Guy is only available in Mario Kart DS as a playable character during Download Play races (single-cartridge multiplayer). Otherwise you can't use him to race with.
    Bulbagarden PO Server!
    P.World | N.World

Zeb
    making a splash Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by winstein View Post
    Sorry for not being able to go online for a couple of days. Internet connection was broken because it's my fault for making a mistake. It's just fixed. Still, this allowed me to finish up reading all the Horrible Histories books. Very interesting lot, and I am amazed to hear that this series is quite popular because I never heard of them earlier, compared to Harry Potter (I said this because Horrible Histories is a Britain series, like HP).

Thanks for reading.
    I remember Horrible Histories! We used to have some of them in primary school. There's also other series such as Horrible Science. I remember having a Horrible Nature one too, because when I was younger I was obsessed with animals of any kind. The book had some really quirky, interesting and funny facts for me to read, plus some of the illustrations are hilarious.
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

Blog Entries

I actually think Honey Queen is an alright character, because we just don't have enough female characters in Mario. In fact, we rarely have a heavy female Mario character! Honey Queen fits this archetype, so that's great. What's not great is Metal Mario. Seems like a squander of a character if you ask me. Metal Mario was the rage back in the N64 days, when Dr. Mario 64, Super Smash Bros. and Mario Golf gave this guy some attention. It sounds too late to simply include this character whose time had passed. Next thing you know it, Shadow Mario becomes a character in Mario Kart in favour of Bowser Jr. (just joking).

Thanks for reading.
    “A single soul can uphold a standard far above the low threshold by which the world measures itself.”

Bonus articles: Mega Evolution Candidates (Part 7) -- Generation 6 Pokémon (07/12/2013)

Blog Entries

Another chat thread of loving theses!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzle. View Post
    I remember Horrible Histories! We used to have some of them in primary school. There's also other series such as Horrible Science. I remember having a Horrible Nature one too, because when I was younger I was obsessed with animals of any kind. The book had some really quirky, interesting and funny facts for me to read, plus some of the illustrations are hilarious.
    I haven't read the other "Horrible" series besides Histories, so I do not know what to expect from them. In a book fair I went to two months ago, there were two packs of books being promoted: Histories and Science. I never touched Science, but Histories is interesting. It seems that Histories has its fair share of alliterations (you would probably expect this when the title of your book is alliterative) and puns (I suppose puns never get old for anyone of all ages). Does the other books in the series have alliteration and puns too?

Are the series popular in where you are staying at?

Thanks for reading.

Zeb
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

Yeah, the other series are full of puns and jokes exactly the same as Histories. The series were popular over here, but I haven't really seen them anywhere since I was younger, so I'm not sure if they've died out or I'm just not running into them as much.

One I do remember was the Terrible Tudors. I can't remember any of the other ones, though. xp
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

Blog Entries
    Follow ghaskan On Twitter
    Follow ghaskan on Tumblr

I had one of those "Horrible" books. It talked about computers and whatnot, it taught me a lot of stuff while making me laugh. It was translated in Portuguese, though, so I may have missed some more "pun-tastic" jokes. The examples were still hilarious, the curiosities both amusing and interesting and the reading light and enjoyable, anyway.

Blog Entries

It's amazing how the lesser known but more exciting facts stick to us the most. Of course, those pictures help too.

Had anyone here watch the Horrible Histories show before? I heard it's a good watch, although I need someone saying their experience.

Thanks for reading.

Zeb
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

Buried beneath a pile I found this under appreciated thread. :P

How's everyone doing recently? You all good?

I'm good myself, I'm enjoying the nice weather we here in England are getting recently. Just for a change ;)

Also, don't forget to apply to the current staff drive (here) before the 26th March, if you want to apply to become a mod. If you don't apply, you may regret it.

Blog Entries

Nice weather in England? What kind of witchcraft are you English up to these days? XD

Blog Entries

The weather was pretty crappy over here in Melbourne yesterday. Pouring with rain all day. However today it's rather pleasant.

In other news, what's the best way to grind a Pokemon to Level 100 in Black/White? Should I go to the Stadiums each day, or just battle the Elite 4 over and over?
    Bulbagarden PO Server!
    P.World | N.World

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast