Poké World Laws

Thread: Poké World Laws

Blog Entries

Default Poké World Laws

I was wondering about the laws with regards to pokémon.

Do certain pokémon (Dragons, certain Poison types, Ground, Rock, Steel) require you to pass a proficiency test to ensure that you are capable of controlling them?

Are there penalties for engaging in "unauthorized battling" (battling for money without a license, battling in "unauthorized zones" <streets, public buildings, etc>)?
    What are the Legendaries really like? Find out in The Life of the Legendaries

Humans and pokémon no longer live in harmony. Hear their tales in The Poké Wars Chronicles: Tales From A World At War

Cynthia once had it all: powerful pokémon, fame and hordes of adoring fans. But Ho-oh's campaign tears her life asunder. Now to survive this deadly new world, she must do the one thing that she never wanted: kill. Follow her trials through a world at war in Poké Wars: Downfall of a Champion

Default Re: Poké World Laws

Doesn't look like it.

Get those Devil Horns up Magmortar123's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I highly doubt it. You can apparently have a groudon/mewtwo/every other legendary when you're ten.
    My stats
    BMGF Mentor Program!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Springer
    Would you dance on a Czechoslovakian?
    I strongly support DaniHime (Me X Orihime)

Blog Entries

I guess it depends on if you are talking game vs. anime.

I get the impression that battling outside of designated areas in the anime is considered to be inappropriate if not outright illegal.

Humans and pokémon no longer live in harmony. Hear their tales in The Poké Wars Chronicles: Tales From A World At War

Cynthia once had it all: powerful pokémon, fame and hordes of adoring fans. But Ho-oh's campaign tears her life asunder. Now to survive this deadly new world, she must do the one thing that she never wanted: kill. Follow her trials through a world at war in Poké Wars: Downfall of a Champion

Follow Gigatron On Twitter

Well, if the game's plotlines are any indication, attempting to conquer/reform/destroy the world is apparently very much frowned upon.

That much, we know.

Though, being that Arceus is obtainable, there really ought to be some statute of limitations on... controlling God.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacit Giga View Post
    Well, if the game's plotlines are any indication, attempting to conquer/reform/destroy the world is apparently very much frowned upon.

That much, we know.

Though, being that Arceus is obtainable, there really ought to be some statute of limitations on... controlling God.
    but see, when you control God, there wouldn't be any limitations. You could pretty much hold the world for ransom if you wanted to.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

◓Gypsy Vanner Horse Kyuuketsuki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think they're basic laws... Don't abuse them (which is why everyone is upset with Ash at the start of anime with the injured Pikachu) Don't steal them, don't use them for world domination, battle them to oblivion is fine as long as they are not critically injured. It's a pretty broken law...

Blog Entries

One thing I have wondered, does using a pokémon in commission of a crime (assaulting someone by having your Venomoth use Stun Spore on them vs. simply beating the crap out of them) carry steeper penalties?

But yeah, we never actually see what the penalties for violating various laws are.

Follow Gigatron On Twitter

Indeed, we never really see (to my knowledge) the consequences for breaking any given law. We see police carting off criminals and such in the anime and games from time to time, but what exactly is done to them? Could the Pokémon world be a police state?

It's to be noted that aside from the well-known highly bold and/or insane extremists, there's not much crime to be seen in the Pokémon world. Hell, even the supposedly violent bikers and burglars seem courteous (they even pay you your dues after you beat them!).

Maybe the Police Forces of this world are more heavy-handed than they seem? O_o

Blog Entries

There really isn't much law and order in the pokemon world, I mean Looker had to wait until the world *almost* got destroyed and then some before arresting Charon, the dude who did nothing but snag me a heatran. The officers below goldenrod in GSC help a whole bunch too in the radio tower takeover.

So even if there is laws, it's not like one could get arrested for not following them. (Especially with officers having growlithes, what a horrible typing)
    My Black Team

Blog Entries

Don't kill them.

:D
    ~ANARCHY SISTERS~
    Youtube [x]

The people in the Pokemon World are really bad at making laws, but somehow everything works out. They wouldn't worry about that kind of stuff.

Thanks to King of Jesus (Neodark) for the banner!

Get those Devil Horns up Magmortar123's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I agree with Slythe, but how does a pretty much lawless world stay in tact?
    My stats
    BMGF Mentor Program!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Springer
    Would you dance on a Czechoslovakian?
    I strongly support DaniHime (Me X Orihime)

Blog Entries

We don't need no steenkin' laws.
    You Might Be A Redneck If...

You think The Nutcracker is something you did off the high dive.
    You've ever smuggled food out of an all-you-can-eat buffet.
    The original color of your carpet is an unsolved mystery.
    You've had more court dates than second dates.
    The closest you've come to royalty is eating at Burger King.
    You've ever stared at a carton of orange juice because it said "concentrate."
    You think a quarterhorse is that ride in front of K-Mart.