PETA made a parody of Pokemon BW2. - Page 2

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree143Likes

Thread: PETA made a parody of Pokemon BW2.

The leaf lives on... JustAnotherLeafeon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: PETA made a parody of Pokemon BW2.

This is just pathetic. What are they trying to accomplish with this? Pokemon is simply a game and, if they did their research, they'd know that there's a bond between Pokemon and people, and that battling makes that bond stronger. I realize the debate point in this, which is if Pokemon really enjoy fighting.

Bah. I feel that just another idiotic ploy to get them noticed more.
    Once upon a time there was a leafeon. There wasn't anything special about him. He was just a regular leafeon.
    But there's a story behind the leafeon.

Credit where credit is due.
    Oh look. A deviantART.

Blog Entries

Many real life animals are being tortured, and the waste their time making THIS crap?
    Seriously though, I agree with PETA's overall goal trying to stop animal abuse, but taking a favorite video game franchise and turning it into this? That's just low. :/
    CLAMIMED: Loves to eat!

Blog Entries

I'm wondering more why they didn't make this sort of thing sooner. You'd think they would with all of the releases of Pokemon games. But yeah, this is really no surprise to me.

Though I will say, this parody actually kind of looks a little fun. Shame that it probably won't last long, but hey.
    PockyAddict likes this.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Has converted to Helixism Miles101's Avatar
    Blog Entries

At this point, it's so pathetic it's hilarious. At least they did a little bit of research on the plot. A little bit. Not nearly enough, but a little.
    I've been against PETA since I first found them; they pretend to rescue animals, but they really just kill them.

It's not like this sort of thing was kind of a main plot point in BW, nooooo.

Blog Entries

Follow Shinobu on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherLeafeon View Post
    This is just pathetic. What are they trying to accomplish with this? Pokemon is simply a game and, if they did their research, they'd know that there's a bond between Pokemon and people, and that battling makes that bond stronger. I realize the debate point in this, which is if Pokemon really enjoy fighting.
    PETA is just a really big publicity stunt, and they're aware of it themselves.
    PockyAddict and Silverwynde like this.

I read PETA's statement, and just rolled my eyes; I just couldn't take it seriously. The game was good, though.

Blog Entries

I hate to admit it but the game is pretty high quality. Still, this is stupid and I'd like to deliver a Blaze Kick to the crotch of the assclown who made this.

As for my opinion on PETA, I can't say it without violating a few rules. These emoticons will suffice:

Calling them nuts is an insult to a perfectly good snack food and a healthy source of protein!

When will Newkirk step down already?

I swear, she's like the purest distillation of misanthropy and insanity there is.
    Midorikawa and Berrenta like this.
    What are the Legendaries really like? Find out in The Life of the Legendaries

Humans and pokémon no longer live in harmony. Hear their tales in The Poké Wars Chronicles: Tales From A World At War

Cynthia once had it all: powerful pokémon, fame and hordes of adoring fans. But Ho-oh's campaign tears her life asunder. Now to survive this deadly new world, she must do the one thing that she never wanted: kill. Follow her trials through a world at war in Poké Wars: Downfall of a Champion

I'll always remember you~
    Blog Entries

...Wow. I really don't know what to think. I can hardly believe that the people who come up with these things are paid.

I guess the game was pretty good.

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

When I first saw this, my response was that it scared the shit out of me. O_O I don't know why, but it's really creepy to me.

And I mean, the game thing is kind of an odd thing to do, I'm surprised they took the time to do so. Actually, I'm not, but still.
    Koukoubean and Midorikawa like this.

all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

The sound of drums
    Blog Entries

the game full of lulz

Your resident cynic. Wishmaker Jirachi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's like they were waiting for the release day just to make sure the inevitable overhype that comes with the game will diminish as quickly as it built up on announcement day!
    And it seems to be all on Nintendo, too, when it comes to these games (which are, as far as I remember, all on Nintendo systems).

When are they going to find out about Animal Crossing...? And the fact that they had gene splicing stories in the main series Pokémon games since Generation I?
    I'm the resident cynic of two forums.
    Pokémon Claim: White Kyurem
    Move Claim: Ice Burn
    Item Claim: DNA Splicers (All related!)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gotpika View Post
    I'm surprised at the amount of fanart that has been generated from this already.

What have I become?
    My fanart folder for it is 15+ strong so far. Most fans are taking this parody pretty lightly,

I'm surprised PETA hasn't gone against Pokemon sooner. They're about 14 years later for the "Pokemon is evil. It supports satanism, gambling, and animal abuse" charges.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) meme 4 2012 Jesterman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The fact of the matter is, would Pokemon ACTUALLY drive someone so far as to abuse an animal? COULD it? Yes. WOULD it? Probably not. Pokemon doesn't outright ABUSE animals, they just battle. Honestly, this game is taking it WAY out of proportion, like PETA does. This game would be MORE likely to cause someone to abuse animals. And fun fact, PETA euthanizes more dogs annually than any other organization. There are no reports of anyone truly becoming violent towards animals from ANY video game, let alone Pokemon. PETA just loves controversy and hatred.
    Berrenta likes this.
    u want the d

Gardevoir Enthusiast Okami Takahashi's Avatar
    Follow Okami Takahashi On Twitter
    Follow Okami Takahashi on Tumblr

Ugh, AGAIN, PETA?! Come on, that Mario thing from before was pretty damn stupid but seriously?! Stop trying to associate Nintendo video games with animal cruelty! Completely unrelated subjects.

Bringing Shinx to Hoenn! Shiny Shinx's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Shiny Shinx's Youtube Channel

What is the PETA wishing to accomplish by doing this? Please, if your going to protect animals, protect the REAL ONES, not the ones in fasisey world (or dimention).

I saw some of the pictures, and it makes me think of vampires.

Ash looks like the Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland.

I'm a full time Pokemon Breeder! But please visit, I really do appreciate the help.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast