Opinions about Move Names, The ones you'd wish to rename, the ones you like, Etc...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinions about Move Names, The ones you'd wish to rename, the ones you like, Etc...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

Question Opinions about Move Names, The ones you'd wish to rename, the ones you like, Etc...

Hi people! i started this thread just to see if there are some moves in particular, whose name you think they should have renamed, or even kept the Original Names. You can also say Move names that you like here.

i'll start

IMO:
    -Aerial Ace should have retained it's original name (Turning-Swallow Cut) becos i think it's such a good name, and with such a good inspiration behind it. Or even turned it into Swallow Cut or Turning Swallow Whatever.
    -Night Slash is kind of better than it's original name (Blade Testing) but that's just my oppinion...

so... you guys got any more?

So you want to be a hero? Stuntology's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Oppinions about Move Names, The ones you'd wish to rename, the ones you like, Etc

I think Ice Fang should have been called Frostbite.

Goblins and Saurus and Cheetaurs, oh my!

is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Oppinions about Move Names, The ones you'd wish to rename, the ones you like, Etc

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntology View Post
    Maybe Frostbite could be a more powerful version of Ice Fang, like Crunch is a more powerful version of Bite?

Either way, that's an awesome idea.

Fire Punch -> Blaze Punch.
    ThunderPunch -> LightningPunch except that that doesn't fit into 12 letters.
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

Thumbs up Re: Oppinions about Move Names, The ones you'd wish to rename, the ones you like, Etc

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntology View Post
    i-i-i can-n't beleve! i found someone who also thinks that!
    i thought of the idea when my Floatzel learned it in platinum!
    that's sooooooo cool!

also, i've found out why Night Slash is called Blade Testing in the original:
    (quoted from Bulbapedia, so now it's original name kind of grew into me... (i still like Night Slash better though XD).

And how do you feel about Volteccer/Volt Tackle?

Feeling of being watched 99unownoak's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Opinions about Move Names, The ones you'd wish to rename, the ones you like, Etc.

Shouldn't 'Thunder' be changed to 'Lightning', since thunder can't actually strike anything but lightning can?

I! AM NOT! A MORON! Sith Droideka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Opinions about Move Names, The ones you'd wish to rename, the ones you like, Etc.

Rename Sucker Punch to Ambush, for us non-dumb Westerners.
    ALL Pokémon Are EQUAL, But SOME Pokémon Are MORE EQUAL Than Others

Oceania is at war with Eurasia Eastasia Eurasia Eastasia, and has always been at war with them!

WAR IS PEACE. FREEDOM IS SLAVERY. IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH. GOD IS POWER.

Next PolySci/Econ Test: November 8, 2016; Your crash-course will begin January 2013.

Galvantula ≥ Kyurem > Mewtwo > Arceus

Not a Power Ranger Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

I don't know. Sucker Punch is a cool name and it perfectly fits the description. Attack the sucker just as it going to attack and catch it off guard. The name may be misleading but it fits the move description.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well, I would say Tail Glow to Firefly Glow, so that it makes the understanding behind the only Pokemon who gets them easier (and stops people from asking Ampharos for one, although that's not a bad possibility).

Thanks for reading.
    “Hear no evil, and see no evil, abase not thyself, neither sigh and weep. Speak no evil, that thou mayest not hear it spoken unto thee, and magnify not the faults of others that thine own faults may not appear great; and wish not the abasement of anyone, that thine own abasement be not exposed.”

Latest Review: Dark-type Award Ceremony
    Bonus articles: Mega Evolution Candidates (Part 7) -- Generation 6 Pokémon (07/12/2013)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

^^ How About Firefly Light?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Arturzfiorini View Post
    ^^ How About Firefly Light?
    It will probably be FireflyLight, due to the 12 character limit in the name, and I guess that didn't sound right, so for now...Firefly Glow.

Thanks for reading.
    “Hear no evil, and see no evil, abase not thyself, neither sigh and weep. Speak no evil, that thou mayest not hear it spoken unto thee, and magnify not the faults of others that thine own faults may not appear great; and wish not the abasement of anyone, that thine own abasement be not exposed.”

Latest Review: Dark-type Award Ceremony
    Bonus articles: Mega Evolution Candidates (Part 7) -- Generation 6 Pokémon (07/12/2013)

Very Fine Dodger
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I would rename Splash to either Jump or Hop. Splash is used by Pokemon that has nothing to do with water and I think it is affected by gravity.
    I have dodged many things, but that is not why I am a dodger. I just like wearing striped shirts.

Insert Witty Title Here Azure Butterfly's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Volteccer/Voltecker/insert other spellings here should have kept its name. It amuses me. :D

Something for nothing Cyber Jet's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Volt tackel to Volt Charge

Frenzy plant to Tree Smash as it would fit the discripion better.

And finaly change self destuct to the jappaness name for it "suicide bomb"

is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Box View Post
    And finaly change self destuct to the jappaness name for it "suicide bomb"
    That would be political suicide for the American localizers. The word "Suicide Bomb" brings al Qaeda into mind.

Although, really, the word "jibaku" (自爆, the Japanese name for Selfdestruct) is more like "blow oneself up" instead of "suicide bombing". At least from the sense that I'm reading it.
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Arturzfiorini View Post
    -Aerial Ace should have retained it's original name (Turning-Swallow Cut) becos i think it's such a good name, and with such a good inspiration behind it. Or even turned it into Swallow Cut or Turning Swallow Whatever.
    This. Swallow Reversal or something like that sounds much more awesome, and would help people understand it is a samurai slash, or at least not a flying manuever of some sort.

Also Meteor Mash -> Comet Punch or Comet Fist; Comet Punch -> Multi-Punch or Turbo Punch something like that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast