Official Pokedex info?

Thread: Official Pokedex info?

Default Official Pokedex info?

hey all!
    i was wondering weather Nintendo/pokemon company ever brought out official finite universal pokedex info for all of the pokemon? i ask because i haven't really been able to find anything of real use.

for example, if i was to ask you for what "dexter" would say about pikachu, there are a few different one's i've found. in the GB games, info is different in every game. also, on the official pokemon site, the info is different again!

is there no cannon source for this info?

DOES IT VIA COPY/PASTE Æsahættr's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Nearly all the Pokedex data, games, anime or otherwise, is canon. You just have to piece it all together.

Facebook | Twitter | LJ
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor
    One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.

however, a lot of it is flavor text, and nothing more. In other words, pure and utter crap. There's also Pokemon info being conflicting and inconsistent both between separate canons and even within the same canon. For instance, the anime seems to indicate that Magmug and Magcargo, in spite of the game's entries, aren't actually composed of magma (otherwise, they'd harden and die when they stand still, and they'd fucking torch Asuna's hands off when she petted them... unless they perhaps act like the anime's previous portrayal of Ponyta and can control their flames to not burn others). As Æsahættr said, it takes some piecing together, as well as your own personal judgement. Some entries you just gotta take with a grain of salt in the end.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The anime itself explained some of the wilder entries by saying that Westwood made stuff up.

thats a real shame. i don't suppose someone has already tried to compile up a pokedex already have they?

also not good news at all to hear about the cannon'ness-less of the anime contradicting itself lol, as i preffer the anime over the games.

There are errors in some games. In Red I think its said that Raichuu can unleash 10,000 volts of electricity. In FireRed(I think), it's 100,000 volts. The FR is the right one because Raichuu's attack is 10manboruto (100,000 volts).
    Captain Lincoln Stern, you stand here accused of...
    12 counts of murder in the first degree
    14 counts of armed theft of Federation property
    22 counts of piracy in high space
    18 counts of fraud
    37 counts of rape
    and 1 moving violation....how do you plead?

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san View Post
    however, a lot of it is flavor text, and nothing more. In other words, pure and utter crap. There's also Pokemon info being conflicting and inconsistent both between separate canons and even within the same canon. For instance, the anime seems to indicate that Magmug and Magcargo, in spite of the game's entries, aren't actually composed of magma (otherwise, they'd harden and die when they stand still, and they'd fucking torch Asuna's hands off when she petted them... unless they perhaps act like the anime's previous portrayal of Ponyta and can control their flames to not burn others). As Æsahættr said, it takes some piecing together, as well as your own personal judgement. Some entries you just gotta take with a grain of salt in the end.
    Half of the ingame's text is bullshit, and may just be based of off Pokemon myths and legends, such as Bronzong being hailed as a rain god.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Palazzo View Post
    The anime itself explained some of the wilder entries by saying that Westwood made stuff up.
    He made things up about legendary pokemon because he doesn't think they actually exist. It never said he made things up about "non-legendary" pokemon.

Thank you Jolty for the banner!
    Pokémon Messageboards I Visit:
    Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden ~ Serebii's Pokemon Page
    My LiveJournal
    "Stop making us have sex with each other in your fanfictions." ~Ray Toro of My Chemical Romance
    "I am dead serious. I am not that pretty." ~Gerard Way of My Chemical Romance

What about the eeveelutions? Even within the GENs thier data is completely differnet.
    1. adapting to area
    2. absorbing radiation from stones.

Although, Eevee's original name "Eon" was meant to express the fact that it takes an eon to naturally evolve. So, if an eevee lives for an eon, will it evolve into a Glaceon if it lived near the snow?

Or, and this is somthing i've wondered since pkmn came out way back when, is their an unrevealed natural eevee that can be obtained through methods unrelated to the others, one that looks like n actuall evoved eevee? Like a bigger, stronger fox with like.. Normal moves as a main factor?

Maybe water stones naturally exist in areas where there's lots of water, etc. So it's a combination of both. But they've always evolved with stones.

Thank you Jolty for the banner!
    Pokémon Messageboards I Visit:
    Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden ~ Serebii's Pokemon Page
    My LiveJournal
    "Stop making us have sex with each other in your fanfictions." ~Ray Toro of My Chemical Romance
    "I am dead serious. I am not that pretty." ~Gerard Way of My Chemical Romance