Not sure where to put this thread...

Thread: Not sure where to put this thread...

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Not sure where to put this thread...

But imagine a post-grunge/metal Pokemon band. For example, a Trainer can have vocals/guitar, one Pokemon can do bass, another can do drums, that kind. Also, said Pokemon could use their voices as a way to accentuate the Trainer's own voice. The band I had in mind was a Pokemon-ized version of Three Days Grace, whom I simply can't think of a name for now.

Lead Vocals/lead guitarist (Human)

Bassist and second voice: Raichu (Explained a bit later)

Drums: Lucario

Back up: Either a Ditto or a second human.

Raichu appears to not have any fingers, so the idea is for it to strum the notes (With it's tail, for instance) while sending an electric pulse through the base, causing the desired sound. Raichu (Especially that of Lt. Surge) appears to have a rather gravelly voice, so it works as a secondary voice to reverberate.

I was really bored thinking this up, and I was listening to a Three Days Grace song, so...yeah. This will never be implimented in the anime, simply because of Japan's influence, but I can easily see a similar sort of concept.

personally i can't imagine something like that
    I can't believe I ate the hole thing.

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Arcane Mind View Post
    This will never be implimented in the anime, simply because of Japan's influence, but I can easily see a similar sort of concept.
    Linkin Park is *huge* in Japan, and let's not forget domestic bands of theirs in the same vein. Heck, I'm surprised they haven't had a J-Rocker character; all their "rockers" seem to be Western.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Linkin Park is nu metal/rapcore, though, not post-grunge like Evans Blue or Three Days Grace.

Honestly I'd been tossing ideas like this back and forth in my mind for a little while now. Though, I wouldn't have put any actual Pokemon in the band; every iteration always involves humans (read: the main trainers) making the music.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Part of that comes from most Pokemon being incapable of human speech. It would seem odd then, trying to make some best-seller, that the writer is a Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcane Mind
    But imagine a post-grunge/metal Pokemon band.
    If it's all the same to you, I'll take the post-grunge out of that.

My band: Tentacruel. Seriously.
    (Impatient? Skip to 2:16.)

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Post-grunge is kinda what I enjoy. Three Days Grace, Drowning Pool, and the like. The reason I say that such a band wouldn't be featured in Pokemon is because a lot of it is angst/depression ridden, which completely clashes with the anime.

Thinking again, I can see a nu metal/rapcore band pop in the actual anime. It's just too bad the music will suck.

It's entirely your business what type of music you enjoy, of course. I'm only saying that I don't share your taste, but a Pokémon band isn't at all a terrible idea.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

If this does happen in the anime, it will happen as a result of some sort of Pokemon Talent Show, or something to that effect. Which means that some crappy plot device will end with one of the main characters coming out on top, even if said band did a perfect performance of the full version of Free Bird.