The Next Sets of Legendaries - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Next Sets of Legendaries

Default Re: The Next Sets of Legendaries

I rather like having dragons as Mascot Legendaries. D8 Nothing is more badass or fitting. I do hope we see more Legendaries, because I think having more legendaries makes everything more interesting and cool! As a Legendary lover, I truly look forward to even more.

I do have a few of Fakemon legendaries. One is a Stork legendary, who's responsible for bringing the eggs to Pokemon who "breed". The other two are Pokemon based off the summer and winter solstice: an elder sister and a younger brother, the opposite of Latios and Latias.

Follow metalamor on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by FairyRed View Post
    I rather like having dragons as Mascot Legendaries. D8 Nothing is more badass or fitting. I do hope we see more Legendaries, because I think having more legendaries makes everything more interesting and cool! As a Legendary lover, I truly look forward to even more.
    I'm always a little torn on having a lot of legendaries. On the one hand, how valuable are legedaries if there are a million of them? On the other, look at how many creatures and gods exist in our real-world mythos. Why can't Pokemon have a rich folklore too?

If we're going to have a lot, though, I don't think they should lean to one type like dragon or psychic. They should be more diverse as the legendaries diversify.

Quote Originally Posted by metalamor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FairyRed View Post
    I'm always a little torn on having a lot of legendaries. On the one hand, how valuable are legedaries if there are a million of them? On the other, look at how many creatures and gods exist in our real-world mythos. Why can't Pokemon have a rich folklore too?
    The second and third sentence here are exactly how I feel about the large number of legendaries. Plus I think it's a pretty silly argument that a lot of legendaries suddenly "lessens the value". Seriously now...

If we're going to have a lot, though, I don't think they should lean to one type like dragon or psychic. They should be more diverse as the legendaries diversify.
    In Hoenn, the legendary types were, in Nat. Dex order: Rock, Ice, Steel, Dragon/Psychic, Dragon/Psychic, Water, Ground, Dragon/Flying, Steel/Psychic, Psychic.
    2 out of 10 are both Dragon and Psychic.
    Not including Lati@s: 1 out of 10 is a dragon, 2 out of 10 are Psychic.

In this instance, indeed, Psychic and Dragon make up half of the roster here.

In Shinnoh, the legendary types were, in Nat. Dex order: Psychic, Psychic, Psychic, Steel/Dragon, Water/Dragon, Fire/Steel, Normal, Ghost/Dragon, Psychic, Water, Water, Dark, Grass OR Grass/Flying, Normal.
    4 out of 14 are psychic.
    3 out of 14 are dragon.

Half of the legendary roster for Shinnoh. There is also Arceus, who can be any type he wants with the right Plate, and Shaymin is Grass/Flying in his Sky Forme, and Heatran's type is unique. That seems fairly diverse to me.

Finally, in Unova, the legendary types were, in Nat. Dex order: Fire/Psychic, Steel/Fighting, Rock/Fighting, Grass/Fighting, Flying, Electric/Flying, Dragon/Fire, Dragon/Electric, Ground/Flying, Dragon/Ice, Water/Fighting, Normal/Psychic OR Normal/Fighting, Bug/Steel.
    2 out of 13 are Psychic.
    3 out of 13 are Dragon.

5 out of 13 for Dragon and Psychic types. Gen V was definitely more diverse with the legendary types this time around. The Muskedeers and Keldeo especially, since their types are all unique to them IIRC. And let's not forget Tornadus, the first pure-Flying type.

From previous gens: Kanto has 2 Psychic legendaries out of 5, and Johto has 2 Psychic out of 6. I'mma add those all up really quick...

12 Pokemon (14 including Lati@s) are Psychic out of 48 legendaries.
    7 Pokemon (9 including Lati@s) are Dragon out of 48 legendaries.

12+7= 19 out of 48 legendary Pokemon. That's less than half, but still pretty dominant. But it's not to the exaggerated degree many fans seem to make. There's only 9 Legendary Dragons, it only feels like a lot because we've had 8 games feature a dragon on the cover.

@Fairy Red (I hope I did the tagging thing right)

Yeah, that's less than half. So, out of the legendaries the two most dominant legendary types are dragon and psychic, but look at their ratios comapred to the other type ratios:
    *Note the number will be higher than 48 because I am going though individual types and not counting combos as one Pokemon, and Arceus counts one for every type*
    Dragon- 10/48
    Psychic-15/48
    Fire- 7/48
    Water- 7/48
    Grass- 4/48
    Ice- 4/48
    Dark- 2/48
    Ghost- 2/48
    Bug- 2/48
    Steel- 6/48
    Ground- 3/48
    Rock- 3/48
    Poison- 1/48
    Electric- 4/48
    Fighting- 6/48
    Flying- 11/48
    Normal- 3/48

From that view, Dragon, Psychic, and Flying are the only three with numbers that push double digits.

Blog Entries

I know this isn't gonna happen but I want to see a legendary trio based off the elements (the chemicals, not the classical ones!)

One for the halogens, one for platinum group metals and one for the lanthanides (rare earth metals).

On a side note, more inorganic legendaries!
    What are the Legendaries really like? Find out in The Life of the Legendaries

Humans and pokémon no longer live in harmony. Hear their tales in The Poké Wars Chronicles: Tales From A World At War

Cynthia once had it all: powerful pokémon, fame and hordes of adoring fans. But Ho-oh's campaign tears her life asunder. Now to survive this deadly new world, she must do the one thing that she never wanted: kill. Follow her trials through a world at war in Poké Wars: Downfall of a Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Drakon View Post
    I know this isn't gonna happen but I want to see a legendary trio based off the elements (the chemicals, not the classical ones!)

One for the halogens, one for platinum group metals and one for the lanthanides (rare earth metals).

On a side note, more inorganic legendaries!
    OK, so long as they HAVE FACES 0.0 The golems had no faces and I hated them so much for it -_____-

Blog Entries
    Add MaddHatter15 on Facebook

How about the original three you can pick from red. The ones ash owns, turns into legendary pokemon. a FAR out region and a story of them saving it

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MaddHatter15 View Post
    How about the original three you can pick from red. The ones ash owns, turns into legendary pokemon. a FAR out region and a story of them saving it
    I don't understand what you are talking about. Neither Ash or Red owns any Legendary Pokemon, as far as I know.

Thanks for reading.
    “Detachment does not consist in setting fire to one's house, or becoming bankrupt or throwing one's fortune out of the window, or even giving away all of one's possessions. Detachment consists in refraining from letting our possessions possess us.”

Bonus articles: Ice-type Reviews - Generation 2 (22/11/2014)

Blog Entries
    Add MaddHatter15 on Facebook

No The first three ( Charzard, Blastose and veanasore, but with a legendary feel to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zistal View Post

My idea for such a trio: Poison/Dark, Ghost/Dark, and Bug/Dark. The "Negative Trio." Each one represents a thing humanity hates/fears.
    I like that idea

I'd like a Legendary that Evolves off a normal really poor pokemon like Shuckle.

Ok I hear you say if it evolves off something its not legendary. Well it could work if you had them fateful encounter pokemon you only get 1 of etc.

Oh and Latios/Latias Legendary Egg Event situation....that be win too.

Quote Originally Posted by Codface View Post
    I'd like a Legendary that Evolves off a normal really poor pokemon like Shuckle.

Ok I hear you say if it evolves off something its not legendary. Well it could work if you had them fateful encounter pokemon you only get 1 of etc.

Oh and Latios/Latias Legendary Egg Event situation....that be win too.
    I LOVE shuckle; I wish I could use it more :/
    What if it could be bred with a fateful encounter Pokemon, the first egg is capable of evolving into the legendary, then all subsequent eggs are normal.

Blog Entries

I always had this idea for a Trio based off the Natural, Supernatural and, Unnatural components of the world. The Natural one would be a Grass Type. The Supernatural one would be Ghost. The Unnatural one would be a Psychic Type. I still can't think if they should have secondary types.

Quote Originally Posted by metalamor View Post
    @Fairy Red (I hope I did the tagging thing right)

Yeah, that's less than half. So, out of the legendaries the two most dominant legendary types are dragon and psychic, but look at their ratios comapred to the other type ratios:
    *Note the number will be higher than 48 because I am going though individual types and not counting combos as one Pokemon, and Arceus counts one for every type*
    Dragon- 10/48
    Psychic-15/48
    Fire- 7/48
    Water- 7/48
    Grass- 4/48
    Ice- 4/48
    Dark- 2/48
    Ghost- 2/48
    Bug- 2/48
    Steel- 6/48
    Ground- 3/48
    Rock- 3/48
    Poison- 1/48
    Electric- 4/48
    Fighting- 6/48
    Flying- 11/48
    Normal- 3/48

From that view, Dragon, Psychic, and Flying are the only three with numbers that push double digits.
    I think this is a good starting point for determining the next legendaries! So if you look at this list, the most needed types are poison (1), then dark (2), ghost (2), and bug(2).
    Now, if you were to make legendaries out of those types, the theme would be a bit darker, which is unlikely for the anime. But you could have a legendary trio which is more neutral/chaotic aligned, rather than always have them be "good".

Based on the above mentioned types, someone suggested "bug/dark, ghost/dark, and poison/dark" loosely themed around human fears. I really like that idea, but if it were up to me, I would have the shared subtype of the trio be "bug", so you have bug/dark, bug/ghost, and bug/poison. The reason for this is that the bug type is more creature based than the other three. So you would have a trio of bugs, kind of like you have a trio of birds, and a trio of beasts. And I think that bugs are good creatures to associate with fear, or whatever theme you want to impose!

Someone also mentioned the need for a legendary based on Yggdrasil. I think it would be cool to have the trio master of these legendary bugs be a Grass type. The one that keeps the balance. It's a bit like yin and yang, you need darkness in order to have light. You need creepy crawlies to have healthy ecosystems. People need adversity in order to become great. So there's a whole theme of balance you could explore with this...

Anyways, just my thoughts. I wish I was an artist so I could do some mockups with you guys!

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter Add Robo-Floatzel on Google+
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

Personally, I would like to see some (non-dragon based) Japanese or Chinese mythological creatures take center stage as the next generations mascots, like a Kitsune based legendary for instance, though I also think they should try more legendaries based on Greek or Egyptian mythology, or even Norse mythology, we haven't had anything based on those at all.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast