The Next Sets of Legendaries
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Next Sets of Legendaries

Post Thanks / Like

Follow metalamor on Tumblr

Default The Next Sets of Legendaries

Dragons are one of the most dominant types of legendary. Okay. They're mystical and ultra-powerful and rare, we get it.

Then there are the birds...cool enough. Ho-oh is my favorite legendary.
    And the cats (I refuse to call them dogs). Nice.
    Then all the psychic-types. Okay, psychic is a great type. Don't exactly know what they're supposed to be, but okay.
    The weather genies. No thanks, but genies are mystical and all.
    The swords of justice. They're the Three Musketeers. Terrakion looks a little dopey.
    The miscellaneous, like Shaymin and Arceus. Not exactly a group, but they're there.
    The legendary golems, which I think are a terrible concept.

So...more random dragons and stuff?
    What if for the next sets they go through all the mystical mythological creatures? Not just the obscure ones that some of the psychics and miscellaneous are, either. A legendary griffin, chimera, etc. Go through as much mythology as possible. Group them according to either myths or general body type.

Anyone interested in seeing legendary myths?

追放されたバカ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Next Sets of Legendaries

Yeah. If anything a Dragon/Normal-type Legendary Pokemon will be introduced.

追放されたバカ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Here's what I got: A legendary trio based off of the ghosts of Christmas past, present, and future from Charles Dicken's A Christmas Carol, An endgame trio (Pegasus, Cerberus, and Kraken) based off of Zeus, Hades, and Posiden respectively, a Psychic/Electric misc., Slender Man, a Kappa, and Chronos (Zeus, Hades, and Posiden's father).

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

No no no...no more dragons!! No more psychic types!!! We've had enough of them as legendaries.

We don't have a Poison type legendary, right? Or a Ghost type? (I don't see Rotom as a legendary)
    I'd like to see either of those.

Post Thanks / Like

Psychic, Flying, and Dragon are all by far too common and should be kept to a minimum if not outright absent from the next round of legendaries (Except for perhaps Dragon, which I feel could use a single Mythical Pokemon). In contrast POISON, Bug, Dark, and Ghost all are far too uncommon and need more focus. Perhaps a trio featuring all four types at once, much like how the Musketeers corrected the absence of Fighting, is in order?

My idea for such a trio: Poison/Dark, Ghost/Dark, and Bug/Dark. The "Negative Trio." Each one represents a thing humanity hates/fears.

From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    Or a Ghost type?
    You said you don't like Dragons, but come on now, I think Giratina is good as a Ghost type too.

Personally, I want to see a big-name Grass legendary. As in, cover 'mon. Something that looks impressive.

A pair that was a Grass type symbolizing all life and a Poison type symbolizing all decay would be neat.

I'd throw an Ouroboros in there, but there ARE many legendary Dragons already. A pure Dragon type does sound good, but if the "original dragon" ever shows up it will be that.

[/overexposition]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Mk-II View Post
    A pure Dragon type does sound good, but if the "original dragon" ever shows up it will be that.
    I bet if it ever shows up the OD will be Dragon/Normal instead of just pure Dragon. Though pure Dragon could work seeing as Kyurem and its iciness aren't really supposed to be something the OD had, so perhaps no Electric+Fire+Ice = Normal combo would happen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Add Yu Narukami on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Zistal View Post

I bet if it ever shows up the OD will be Dragon/Normal instead of just pure Dragon.
    It better be able to take a close combat to the face,or it's useless.

"Persona!"

Super Moderator Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

I think if we're gonna have another Dragon legend, it should be the Original Dragon, then none. I would like to see a Ghost type legend or legends and a Poison legend, give some of the neglected types a chance to shine as legendaries.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow GatoRage on Tumblr

I know everyone is talking about Dragon-type legendaries but there has actually been introduced at least 2 Psychic-type ones in every generation so far:

Gen I: Mew and Mewtwo
    Gen II: Lugia and Celebi
    Gen III: Latios, Latias, Jirachi and Deoxys
    Gen IV: Azelf, Mesprit, Uxie and Cresselia
    Gen V: Victini and Meloetta (Aria Forme)

15 Psychic legendaries in total so far, with the Dragon ones being 9. So yeah, something other than Psychic- and Dragon-types would be nice and refreshing I guess.

But I'm just mostly hoping that there won't be as many legendaries introduced as has been the trend in recent gens.

EDIT: Woops, Palkia is not a Psychic type, dunno why I thought it was last night, and I apparently misspelled "psychic" four times. I blame tiredness :I
    Last edited by GatoRage; 26th October 2012 at 10:25 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Follow metalamor on Tumblr

A grass legendary...how about a Pokemon based off the Nordic Tree of Life Yggasdril (Too lazy to look up spelling). They failed with Sudowoodo so this is their chance to make the most badass tree Pokemon EVAR. Then a Normal legendary with Odin's eight-legged horse and a Frost giant for the ice/ghost type (maybe just ice? Depends on your interpretation of the frost giants and their world).
    Nordic mythology trio right there.

Headed by a Dark Loki-wolf or poison Loki-serpent and a (insert type; it can go several ways) hound based off Odin or Odin's wolves/ravens.
    Maybe The Two Wolves: Dark/Ghost Loki-type and Normal/Fighting (combination has never been done) Odin-type. It would make sense because Loki's wolf Fenrir ends up killing Odin in Norse mythology, so the Ghost versus Normal/Fighting would work.

And, if nothing else, how awesome would a Pokemon called Raggarok or Ragna and Rok or some variation thereof be?
    Last edited by metalamor; 25th October 2012 at 08:50 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Mk-II View Post
    Personally, I want to see a big-name Grass legendary. As in, cover 'mon. Something that looks impressive.

A pair that was a Grass type symbolizing all life and a Poison type symbolizing all decay would be neat.

I'd throw an Ouroboros in there, but there ARE many legendary Dragons already. A pure Dragon type does sound good, but if the "original dragon" ever shows up it will be that.
    Pretty much this. I'm still hung up on my idea of a Quetzalcoatl Grass/Dragon type. Yeah, yeah, Dragons are overdone and all, but goddamn it Palkia was Water/Dragon and Reshiram was Fire/Dragon so I think the Grass type deserves a big badass Grass/Dragon cover legend. The idea of Grass as life and Poison as decay is really good too.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grass Type Trainer View Post
    I'm still hung up on my idea of a Quetzalcoatl Grass/Dragon type.
    I shied away from saying how much do I want a Grass/Dragon like that, but that was partially what I was thinking. Even though Rayquaza already takes plenty of Quetzalcoatl (mostly the Aztec myths, where it is an sky deity), it was also a deity of fertility and vegetation, so a dragon for that would be pretty fitting.

Though rather than outright "pokemonifying" it, I'd preffer if they simply took just that inspiration from it and tried to do their own creature. (Like they do with most legendaries, anyway) I simply really want to see Game Freak's take on a nature's dragon like this.

Though on that note, taking partial inspiration from Yggdrasil sounds like it'd be neat, too.
    Last edited by Infinity Mk-II; 26th October 2012 at 07:55 AM.

[/overexposition]

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GatoRage View Post
    I know everyone is talking about Dragon-type legendaries but there has actually been introduced at least 2 Phychic-type ones in every generation so far:

Gen I: Mew and Mewtwo
    Gen II: Lugia and Celebi
    Gen III: Latios, Latias, Jirachi and Deoxys
    Gen IV: Azelf, Mesprit, Uxie, Palkia and Cresselia
    Gen V: Victini and Meloetta (Aria Forme)

16 Phychic legendaries in total so far, with the Dragon ones being 9. So yeah, something other than Phychic- and Dragon-types would be nice and refreshing I guess.

But I'm just mostly hoping that there won't be as many legendaries introduced as has been the trend in recent gens.
    Palkia is Water not psychic and even if it was that would only be 15.

I'd had a idea for group of dark lengendary which all had the same form which was a black cloud with a red eye and they would turn into their true forms during battles originally they were going to a warlock lizard(physic), a cloak being with a scythe(ghost), a wolf (pure dark) and a dragon. But since everyone is sick of psychic and dragon lengend I think it should be the cloak one plus a mantis(bug) and change the physic type to electric.
    I am not a Nyanners fan. I am an addict. Nyanners is love. Nyanners is life. I want my soul back. :(

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think they need to reference more Western mythology in general after exhausting the list of Japanese myths. Not just legends, but in general. I know they've done the Three Musketeers, which is great, but I've noticed that Greek/ Roman myths are lacking.

A great duo would be Scylla and Charybdis from the Odyssey. A Water type using Whirlpool and a cave creature with high Attack.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast