The next Fire-Type Starter Pokemon

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The next Fire-Type Starter Pokemon

Default The next Fire-Type Starter Pokemon

I'm getting really sick of Fire/Fighting Types. I'd really like to see something new next game. I was thinking, how awesome would it be to have a Fire/Water Pokemon who was based off steam or something? Scald was a step in the right direction for it.

Blog Entries

Default Re: The next Fire-Type Starter Pokemon

If we had a Fire/Water poke, it wouldn't be a starter... Maybe a legendary?
    A Fire/Ground starter would be interesting though, since we already have Grass/Ground and Water/Ground starters.

And, yes, I am so sick of those Fire/Fighting starters as well.

Well, there's one more monk from "Journey to the West" to use, as Wukong and Pachieh are taken. ._.

I don't mind all the fire/fighting starters at all. People will complain over anything!
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Also known as Kameinu. himanuts's Avatar
    Follow himanuts On Twitter Add himanuts on Facebook Add himanuts on Google+
    Follow himanuts on Tumblr Visit himanuts's Youtube Channel

I want a fire starter wolf, lion or predator dinosaur. >.> Maybe fire electric? Even if it gets raped by ground, the thing would look pretty cool. xD

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

Fire/Ghost?

I think that would be cool.

I am so freaking sick of Fire/Fight. I was hoping Samurott would be Water/Fight.
    I love the starters, but I just wish they would use other types instead of Fire/Fight all the time.

Really, why is it okay for Serperior and Samurott to be mono-typed, like starters before them, but Emboar gets picked on for her type? If Serperior and Samurott got cool dual-types, then I could see where all the hate comes from. But this is seriously too much. Why ignore the other two? They have unoriginal typing as well!

Becuase seriously, all this hate for Emboar and/or her typing is seriously ticking me off!
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

I don't hate Emboar. In fact, if it hadn't been for the fact that Blaziken, Infernape, and Emboar had all been released one right after the other it would have been fine. But we keep seeing the same types for the past three Gens, give us a little bit of change.

Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites.
    -Karen of the Elite Four

Blog Entries

^ Agreed. But Emboar looks really scary looking

But I did want to see a fire/psychic starter, but a elgend had to take that awesome spot. I'm going for half fire and half electric. Camerupt has the fire/ground thing in case people have forgotten

samurai in autumn garrison-san's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow garrison-san On Twitter
    Follow garrison-san on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Kameinu View Post
    I want a fire starter wolf, lion or predator dinosaur.
    I've heard a fair amount of scuttlebutt about how the fire starters are always based upon animals from the Chinese Zodiac. Of course, that only works if you can actually accept Cyndaquil as a rat (sure, he's called the "Fire Mouse" pokemon, but he more closely resembles the echidna - his evolutions aren't much of a match either).

I don't know if there's ever been any official comment on that. But if that's the case, then we probably should expect the next fire starter to be an ox, rabbit, tiger, snake, horse, goat or dog.

追放されたバカ
    New york city. there's too much dog shit here!
    Blog Entries

Well, i always thought that cydaquil and it's evolutiuons were porcupines. just think about it. look at their names. cyndaquil=quils, the spikes on a porcupine's back. quilava=the quil's on a porcupines back, and lava(pretty self explanotory.) typhloshion=??

samurai in autumn garrison-san's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow garrison-san On Twitter
    Follow garrison-san on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by XXdirty_dubstepXX View Post
    Well, i always thought that cydaquil and it's evolutiuons were porcupines. just think about it. look at their names. cyndaquil=quils, the spikes on a porcupine's back. quilava=the quil's on a porcupines back, and lava(pretty self explanotory.) typhloshion=??
    Well, porcupines are rodents, so I guess you could consider that close enough to a rat to fit the zodiac pattern. However, Cyndaquil's elongated snout definitely makes him look more like the monotreme echidna. In addition, Echidnas also have spikes on their back which, while not the same as a porcupine's quill, do bear a superficial resemblence.

As for Quilava and Typhlosion, their slender bodies make me think more of mustelids. They could be based on a combination of different things, I suppose. But if Cyndaquil and his line are indeed a nod to the rat of the Chinese Zodiac, it feels a bit looser than the other four fire starter lines, where the dragon, rooster, pig and monkey connections are more immediately obvious.
    Last edited by garrison-san; 28th April 2011 at 04:11 PM.

I'm out of Zek macros, OK TLZ the Confirmer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow TLZ the Confirmer On Twitter Add TLZ the Confirmer on Facebook Add TLZ the Confirmer on Google+ Add TLZ the Confirmer on MySpace
    Add TLZ the Confirmer on Linkedin Follow TLZ the Confirmer on Tumblr Follow TLZ the Confirmer on Flickr Visit TLZ the Confirmer's Youtube Channel

I think it will be another bipedal Fire/Fighting starter. I called it. Sorry, but this gen was a whole new beginning. If they were to change their ways, they would've done it then.

Steps to change this:

-If one starter gets a secondary typing, so should the other two. Stop neglecting them.
    -We, as fans, tend to think that monotyped starter sets are kind of bland and boring compared to unique dual-types.
    -Repeated types, however, are even worse.
    -Grass starters need love just as much. Giving them bad stats and movepools (like nearly all Grass types) just won't cut it.

[/pessimism]
    I ran the now-defunct Claim-a-Move Thread. I also claimed Lightning Strike, Marshtomp, Motor Drive, Magic Guard, and Azure Flute (probably also expired, but who cares, as long as you know that I'm the ruler of everything).

In the 2012 era, I have unfairly won America*'s Warrior Cats Mafia (and a few ones before).

追放されたバカ

A Fire/Steel mix would be pretty cool. Or Fire/Rock.

While I rather like the Fire/Fighting combo, I don't think Emboar or Infernape do it as well as Blaziken did.

I'm all for keeping the Grass, Fire, Water primary typing on the starters, but it would be cool to see them really go nuts with secondary typing for the in future games.
    Friend Code

White:5372-0364-1372

Wings were invented here. You're welcome xD.

I don't mind all the fire/fighting starters at all. People will complain over anything!
    I'm sick of the fire/fight evolutions too. They're cool and all but I have choosen a Water or Grass starter over them after about two or three replays. This is coming from a person who once thought choosing anything but fire was unthinkable. It was awesome for Blaziken, cool for Infernape, but after two gens give us something different, please! Give the other starters a turn for a fighting sub-type. Imagine a Grass/Fighting starter .

I don't hate Emboar herself, I don't even dislike the TYPING itself. I just dislike that they keep reusing it.

A FIRE WOLF WOULD BE AWESOME.

As for the type I would hope for, off the top of my head: Fire/Water, Fire/Ghost, Fire/Dragon (not like Charizard, more like a Dragon pokemon that can learn some seriously powerful fire attacks. Add some extra stat/move pool/uniqueness flairs to space it from other dragon pokemon that would be similar), Fire/Flying/Dragon (in my dreams . Even if it sucked competively/isn't possible, it would at least probably look awesome), basically I wouldn't mind nearly anything but Fighting. :D.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast