My Practical Pokemon Team

Thread: My Practical Pokemon Team

Blog Entries

Default My Practical Pokemon Team

I tried to think up of a pokemon team that if I were in a real world scenerio with them I would be able to have a balanced team for adventuring and battling while getting the most helpful abilities for numerous scenarios and keep the amount it takes to keep them fed and healthy to a minimum...

Tropius-
    I like tropius on my team because by being a grass type it uses photosynthesis to make food, and if it did eat, it looks like it would be an herbivore meaning you wouldn't need to pay very much to feed the thing, infact it looks like it can make you some free food in the fruit around its neck. It can also fly you around places.

Rotom-
    Somehow the idea of an electrical spirit that can control appliances just sounds really cool. It could help you pull a prank, or even help you with a few chores. I doubt a ghost would have any need to eat so that's another up-side. Unless it eats electricity, I guess that would be a problem, but I suppose you could give it a solar panel to mess around with

Gardevoir-
    Psychic pokemon get some of the coolest powers in Pokemon such as future-sight, teleportation, telekinesis, mind-reading and so on. I would be stupid to not want a Pokemon with such abilities. Gardevoir is also one of the best loyal protectors or bodyguards you could ever have with them willing to give their life to protect you. That gives you a lot of respect for a creature like that. Plus I really think its feminine face is kind of pretty to look at which is something I don't like about many psychic Pokemon.

Flareon-
    My favorite Eeveelution. It's just so snugly fluffy looking. It's the perfect general purpose fire type and unlike some others it doesn't have a dangerous exposed flame on its body making it less of a fire hazard. It could help keep you warm in the winter I would bet. If you're like me and couldn't choose between something canine-like and something feline-like then why not compromise with something fox-like which gets benefits of both without sacrificing much of either. With one around it would help keep the noisy squirrels out of my attic lol.

Azumarill-
    I guess if you have a fire type and grass type Pokemon you need a water type too so I made my choice for Azumarill. It can do much of the stuff most water types can and doesn't have to be in the water 100% of the time. It's small so it probably doesn't eat as much. It's probably an herbivore too which makes things easier.

Kecleon-
    I'm a bit like Misty in that I HATE bugs. This little guy would simply help keep wherever I am clear of such pests by eating them. It's a win-win situation because it gets to eat and I can be in a bug-free zone.

Feel free to use this thread to post practical teams as well!
    Last edited by Enzap; 18th August 2014 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Added last line to invite other people to create teams
    Joseph Korczakowski, Forum Animaniac.

Bulbanews Writer aliveatnight's Avatar Bulbanews Writer
    Follow aliveatnight On Twitter
    Follow aliveatnight on Tumblr

Default Re: My Practical Pokemon Team

Nice team! I can't even say that I disagree with any that were chosen, as they all seem like they'd be...well, practical!
    I also knew even before I looked that Tropius would be there haha

Friend Safari: Bug - Beautifly, Pinsir, Combee

Talkin' About Life - My Blog
    Pinterest & Twitter

Blog Entries
    Follow Muur On Twitter
    Follow Muur on Tumblr Visit Muur's Youtube Channel

Teleporting would be useful

Abra. Can teleport'cha anywhere you want. Walking is now a thing of the past meant for lesser mortals. Hehehe

Pokémon Truth Tea Pourer BlackButterfree's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow BlackButterfree On Twitter Add BlackButterfree on Facebook Add BlackButterfree on MySpace
    Follow BlackButterfree on Tumblr Visit BlackButterfree's Youtube Channel

Shaymin - Since it causes the growth of vegetation and the fertilization of fields, it could make my garden grow.

Suicune - It purifies water, so if my toilet breaks down, it could help out.

Helioptile - Would be great to power my house.

Klefki - It's a living keychain. Hello!

Litwick - It would provide light during Helioptile's downtime, and it could absorb the souls of those who annoy me. Also, it's fire so it could warm me during winter.

Gardevoir - The perfect bodyguard and it could teleport me anywhere, so free travel!

Minion of the Damned cityvillain's Avatar

6 Ditto and my life is set.
    Kenta's Pokemon Party

Please ignore this post. I meant it for a different thread lmao.
    I will read the thread later and provide something actually useful.

EDIT: Alright, let's think about this. I like kitties. Let's have a Persian so she can use Pay Day to beat up wild animals for gold, and then I would not have to work. Kitties! :D

I also want a Tropius. It's one of my new favorites. He is a gentle giant which I love, he could fly me places, and he can photosynthesize for food unlike the other gigantic pokemon. Bananas are just a bonus!

Also, there's no way I'm not going to include my favorite pokemon Chimecho! He is the coolest pokemon ever! And he's cute and can zip around all day and heal any minor injuries I have, as well as being smart.

It would be nice to have a Mareep as well. They passively generate electricity, and she could discharge it into huge battery banks for me so I wouldn't have an electric bill.
    Last edited by Karpi; 19th August 2014 at 12:20 PM.

Bulbanews Writer aliveatnight's Avatar Bulbanews Writer
    Follow aliveatnight On Twitter
    Follow aliveatnight on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by cityvillain View Post
    But what about food? You can't eat the poor little Dittos!

Friend Safari: Bug - Beautifly, Pinsir, Combee

Talkin' About Life - My Blog
    Pinterest & Twitter

Minion of the Damned cityvillain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aliveatnight View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cityvillain View Post
    But what about food? You can't eat the poor little Dittos!
    There are food in the groceries. Why would I want an edible Pokemon in my team? That's a rhetorical question.
    Kenta's Pokemon Party

Tipper of scales CountessDeLaRoca's Avatar
    Follow CountessDeLaRoca On Twitter Add CountessDeLaRoca on Facebook Add CountessDeLaRoca on Google+ Add CountessDeLaRoca on MySpace
    Add CountessDeLaRoca on Linkedin Follow CountessDeLaRoca on Tumblr Follow CountessDeLaRoca on Flickr Visit CountessDeLaRoca's Youtube Channel

Tropius-Shade+Food+Method of transport=You do the math
    Gardevoir-Sentimental reasons
    Rotom-At long last, sweet,sweet revenge on people who annoy me
    Zoroark=Would make for some nice pranks
    Luxray-Never lose anything again/Goodbye, cables and plus, hello INFINITE POWAH!!
    Gothitelle-Would make a nice sister figure for Gardevoir...
    Favorite game characters: Chrom, Vaike, Nowi,Donnel, Maribelle, Mega Man X, Mega Man.EXE, Proto Man.EXE, Princess Pride, Geo, Omega-Xis, Ophiuca, Ace

Favorite show characters: Master Shake, ,Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Freeza, Cell, Omega Shenron

Favorite voice actors: Sean Schemmel, Chris Sabat, Stephanie Nadolny, Melissa Fahn, Kyle Hebert, Eric Vale, Lex Lang, Clancy Brown, TeamFourStar, LittleKuriboh

3DS FC:4468-1383-6014
    IGN:Countess45

The Dude Abides

Tropius - learns many HMs, is a banana growing dinosaur with wings. Perfect in every way for travel.
    Wailord - Cruising the ocean in style, on the back of a gigantic whale.
    Dodrio - Can also fly (somehow?) but mostly useful for quickly traveling on rugged terrain
    Excadrill - For serious caving.
    Chandelure - In case of ghosts, and provides a light in darkness
    Floatzel - Putting out fires, useful for navigating rivers, lakes, and other inland bodies of water

More fab than Sylveon. Sir Fabulous's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Leavanny- Could act as a mother figure to my other Pokemon and make them clothes, could cut my grass with Leaf Blade.
    Staraptor- Transport, scouting, main battle Pokemon.
    Arcanine- I love dogs, and it could keep me warm in the winter.
    Klefki- I'll know where my keys are when they're missing (you little thief, you).
    Slowking- To have someone extremely intelligent in the house and stay calm under pressure.
    Altaria- I demand entertainment! *clap clap*

I'd probably only end up needing two or three of them, but whatever.
    I have claimed: Staraptor (01/12/13), Shiny Stone (02/12/13), and Limber (02/12/13).

Registered User Pokémon Spectrum's Avatar

Well, if we're talking practical, then we should also be taking size into consideration. I mean, sure, Tropius provides an endless food supply, but I doubt that it'd like being outside during the winter. Keeping it cooped up in its Poké Ball for three months is out of the question, and being a rather bulky 6'07"-tall sauropod, letting it wander around inside wouldn't really work, either.

As such, my practical team is one that is small enough to fit in the average household without problems:

Mareep: (Height: 2'00") In addition to being adorable, Mareep's tail acts like a light bulb, meaning that it could help me see if the power ever went out at night. Being an herbivore, it would also save me from having to mow the lawn by eating the grass. I could also use its shed wool as stuffing to make dolls and such (I'm going to be a toymaker).
    Spinarak: (Height: 1'08") Capable of climbing walls, it would be able to help around the house by getting to high-up places (like the top shelf or the light bulb in the hallway). It would also catch and eat any bugs that get in the house. Plus, I think it's kinda cute.
    Audino: (Height: 3'07") Aside from being one of the most versatile Pokémon around in the moves department, Audino is able to discern your overall physical condition, so it would be a big help for helping me not get sick, and could take care of me if I do.
    Gallade: (Height: 5'03") Gallade is a natural bodyguard, and has a wide range of moves to help carry out its job. It would also make a good toy-making assistant, what with its rather small hands and bladed elbows.
    Absol: (Height:3'11") A living danger alarm. Who WOULDN'T want one? Besides, any theif would probably wet themselves if they broke into a house and ran into a watchdog with a humanoid face and a giant effing scythe coming out of its forehead. Also, I'm terrified of the possibility of tornadoes, so it'd be able to warn me.
    Flygon: (Height: 6'07") Right at the threshold of being too big, but not quite there due to being so slim. Flygon would be a great way to transport myself, and would be yet another great way to deter intruders. Plus its my favorite Pokémon, so no team of mine would be complete without it.
    Last edited by Pokémon Spectrum; 7th October 2014 at 01:28 PM.
    I was born to be a winner... but I'll settle for being an ordinary Trainer.