In Pokémon, there are lots of different moves used by different Pokémon. Every week, we shall focus the discussion on a different move, and there will be some base questions that would help you start this off. This week, Haze & Mist are chosen.
This week, we will be looking at counterpart moves again. Generation 2 introduced a couple of moves known as Black Mist (Haze) and White Mist (Mist), whose common function is to control the stat boosts or reductions incurred. One could say that Haze is polluted while Mist is purified. Quite a few users could learn both, which is interesting because both doesn't seem like they could be compatible with one another.
Here's the in-game description for both moves (both have the same description):
Originally Posted by Haze (XY)Here are the usual possible questions about this move:Originally Posted by Mist (XY)
- How does certain Pokémon (who knows it) use this move? What kind of purpose would this move have for them (in the Pokémon World)?
- How could this move be used to aid a profession in the Pokémon World?
- Could this move realistically be used by any Pokémon who doesn't learn it normally? If yes, please explain your choices.
- How would this move be used in battling, realistically or video game-wise?
Other questions (You could ask other critical questions beyond the listed):
- How does Haze reset any stat boosts or reductions?
- The way Haze functions in the anime is a lot different, since it is a move that causes an opaque fog once used. Is this the proper effect of this move? Does it work the same way as it is supposed to?
- Why is it that Haze only lasts once before it is gone?
- Why do a lot less Ice-types learn Haze, as opposed to Mist?
- How does Mist prevent stat reductions?
- Being that Mist is purified, what if Mist prevents self-reduction (incurred through Overheat, Superpower and so on) in addition to preventing stat reduction from the opposition?
- Do both moves have a chilling effect?
- Would it make sense if both moves incur Fog? Would it be ideal?
Here are the current users for Haze (put in Spoiler tag due to the large list):
Here are the current users for Mist (put in Spoiler tag due to the large list):
Thanks for reading, and happy discussing!
~ The General Pokémon Forum Staff
Next Move-of-the-Week: Attacks that forces something out.