In Pokémon, there are lots of different moves used by different Pokémon. Every week, we shall focus the discussion on a different move, and there will be some base questions that would help you start this off. This week, Thunderbolt & Thunder are chosen.
This week, we will do two powerful Electric attacks that were around since Generation 1. Thunderbolt and Thunder serve as great attacks that find use in battling, for its power and usefulness, as a method to get past Water-types and Flying-types. Its users are surprisingly diverse, where you even have Normal-types learning them. Unleashing electricity is bound to find a few uses, since electricity is very useful in facilitating our daily lives.
Here's the in-game description for both moves:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt (BW)Here are the usual possible questions about this move:Originally Posted by Thunder (BW)
- How does certain Pokémon (who knows it) use this move? What kind of purpose would this move have for them (in the Pokémon World)?
- How could this move be used to aid a profession in the Pokémon World?
- Could this move realistically be used by any Pokémon who doesn't learn it normally? If yes, please explain your choices.
- How would this move be used in battling, realistically or video game-wise?
Other questions (You could ask other critical questions beyond the listed):
- How do Pokémon that aren't Electric-types use this move, especially the various Normal-types?
- How does the user summon a Thunder, considering that it drops from the sky?
Here is the current user for Thunderbolt (Put in Spoiler due to large learner list):
Here is the current user for Thunder (Put in Spoiler due to large learner list):
Thanks for reading, and happy discussing!
~ The General Pokémon Forum Staff
Next Move-of-the-Week: Moderately powerful Fire attack.