In Pokémon, there are lots of different moves used by different Pokémon. Every week, we shall focus the discussion on a different move, and there will be some base questions that would help you start this off. This week, Will-O-Wisp is chosen by @cityvillain;.
Burn was one of the status conditions you could inflict way back when the games begun, but the only way to do this is to use an attack, that is, until Generation 3. This is the first move that always burn the target, making it a great move on account for what burn does, which is to do passive damage and reduce Attack. It's learned by every Fire-type and most Ghost-types (as well as some odd ones), so there is a sizable sample of users to make use of its useful effects. Recently, its accuracy received an improvement, making it better than ever since the reliability makes it much more useful.
Here's the in-game description for this move:
Here are the usual possible questions about this move:Originally Posted by In-game Description (XY)
- How does certain Pokémon (who knows it) use this move? What kind of purpose would this move have for them (in the Pokémon World)?
- How could this move be used to aid a profession in the Pokémon World?
- Could this move realistically be used by any Pokémon who doesn't learn it normally? If yes, please explain your choices.
- How would this move be used in battling, realistically or video game-wise?
Other questions (You could ask other critical questions beyond the listed):
- Why is it that most Ghost-types are able to learn this Fire move? Why do a few other Ghost-types lack this move?
- How do any non-Fire- and non-Ghost-type learn this move? Examples include the Ralts family, Absol and Darkrai.
- How does the fire of this move guarantees a burn on the target, despite its lack of power?
- Are the flames from this move controlled or propelled?
- It should be noted that in some interpretations, this move is considered a damaging attack, yet does not cause burn. Is this another way to use this move?
Here are the current users for this move (put in Spoiler tag due to the large list):
Thanks for reading, and happy discussing!
~ The General Pokémon Forum Staff
The user with the best post will receive the right to vote for next week's move on a Friday, as chosen by the mods of this section. The next move is based on criteria, as listed below.
Next Move Criteria: Any move
Moves: (Any move not listed in the Previous Move-of-the-Weeks section)