In Pokémon, there are lots of different moves used by different Pokémon. Every week, we shall focus the discussion on a different move, and there will be some base questions that would help you start this off. This week, Grass Whistle is chosen by me (since nobody voted).
Among sleeping moves, today's is a somewhat uncommon one, because it is only learned by Grass-types. Introduced in Generation 3, it has the same stats as Sing, but its Grass-type meant that it has Grass-type properties, including Sap Sipper blocking it. Still, it does not get blocked by Grass-types since it is a sound move and not a powder move (unlike Sleep Powder and Spore), so that's one point for Grass Whistle. It's also one of the moves that received a minor name change, so it's two-word "Grass Whistle" and not one-word "GrassWhistle".
Here's the in-game description for this move:
Here are the usual possible questions about this move:Originally Posted by In-game Description (XY)
- How does certain Pokémon (who knows it) use this move? What kind of purpose would this move have for them (in the Pokémon World)?
- How could this move be used to aid a profession in the Pokémon World?
- Could this move realistically be used by any Pokémon who doesn't learn it normally? If yes, please explain your choices.
- How would this move be used in battling, realistically or video game-wise?
Other questions (You could ask other critical questions beyond the listed):
- Despite being a sound move, why is Sap Sipper able to block this move's effect (and grant a boost)?
- Why does this move have a low accuracy, despite its sound abilities?
Here are the current users for this move:
- Sunkern & Sunflora
- Roselia & Roserade
- Snover & Abomasnow
- Swadloon & Leavanny
- Bulbasaur, Ivysaur & Venusaur
- Chikorita, Bayleef & Meganium
- Treecko, Grovyle & Sceptile
- Cacnea & Cacturne
- Cherubi & Cherrim
- Pansage & Simisage
- Cottonee & Whimsicott
- Petilil & Lilligant
- Deerling & Sawsbuck
Thanks for reading, and happy discussing!
~ The General Pokémon Forum Staff
The user with the best post will receive the right to vote for next week's move on a Friday, as chosen by the mods of this section. The next move is based on criteria, as listed below.
Next Move Criteria: Sound Move
Moves: Boomburst, Bug Buzz, Chatter, Confide, Disarming Voice, Echoed Voice, Hyper Voice, Metal Sound, Noble Roar, Parting Shot, Relic Song, Roar, Round, Screech, Sing, Snarl, Snore, Uproar