In Pokémon, there are lots of different moves used by different Pokémon. Every week, we shall focus the discussion on a different move, and there will be some base questions that would help you start this off. Since nobody voted last week, I have chosen this week's move; Draining Kiss.
Running with the recent theme of low powered attacks, Draining Kiss compensates for its low power by being the first move to restore the user's health by more than 50% of the damage done. The ability to drain health from the opponent can keep the move useful even once more powerful alternatives like Dazzling Gleam and Moonblast are available.
Here's the in-game description for this move:
Here are the usual possible questions about this move:Originally Posted by In-game Description (XY)
- How does certain Pokémon (who knows it) use this move? What kind of purpose would this move have for them (in the Pokémon World)?
- How could this move be used to aid a profession in the Pokémon World?
- Could this move realistically be used by any Pokémon who doesn't learn it normally? If yes, please explain your choices.
- How would this move be used in battling, realistically or video game-wise?
Other questions (You could ask other critical questions beyond the listed):
- Why does Draining Kiss restore more health than other draining moves like Giga Drain?
- The move appears to make physical contact and uses the contact move animation, yet is a special move. Why is that?
Here are the current users of this move:
Thanks for reading, and happy discussing!
~ The General Pokémon Forum Staff
Next move of the week: A moderately powerful Steel-type attack.