In Pokemon, there are a lot of different moves used by different Pokémon. However, there are certain moves we don't normally see being used, heard about, or used in a meaningful manner. On the other hand, there are moves we see that are used often, or are just famous. In this type of discussion, we shall discuss the ins-and-outs of the move of the topic, and there will be some base questions that will help you. Every Saturday, a different move will be discussed.
This time, the move we shall be discussing is Worry Seed, a move introduced during Generation 4. Once the target is affected, they will have the ability Insomnia instead of whatever they have now to stimulate the emotion of worry on that Pokemon, unless they happen to have the Sap Sipper, Truant or Multitype ability. Keep in mind that this even works on a Pokémon with Wonder Guard! Through a Move Tutor, this move is widely available to almost every Grass-type, with a few non-Grass-types included.
Here are some possible questions about this move to answer (though you could ask other critical questions beyond the listed):
- How does certain Pokémon (who knows it) use this move?
- What kind of purpose would this move have for them (in the Pokémon World)?
- How could this move be used to aid a profession in the Pokémon World?
- Realistically, would there be any advantage or disadvantage associated with using this move? If yes, what kind of advantage/disadvantage would they have when they use it?
- Could this move realistically be used by any Pokémon who doesn't learn it normally? If yes, please explain your choices.
- How would this move be used in competitive battling, realistically and in video game terms?
Here are the current users of this move (put in Spoiler since there are so many to list):
Thanks for reading, and happy discussing!
~ The Pokemon World Forum Staff