(Special shout out to @Jdog1020; for guessing this move correctly)
In Pokémon, there are lots of different moves used by different Pokémon. Every week, we shall focus the discussion on a different move, and there will be some base questions that would help you start this off. This week, Comet Punch is chosen.
Going back to the basics, we have this move that was introduced all the way back in Generation 1. What it does is to allow the user to unleash a flurry of punches, and with its unusual base power, it will have a maximum base power of 90, or 108 in an Iron Fist user's case. Oddly enough, as a punching attack, it is one of the narrowly distributed ones, considering the range of users who punch. The Japanese name also has a Comet Punch, but that move is different, as we know that move as Meteor Mash, a move that sees even less distribution.
Here's the in-game description for this move:
Here are the usual possible questions about this move:Originally Posted by In-game Description (BW)
- How does certain Pokémon (who knows it) use this move? What kind of purpose would this move have for them (in the Pokémon World)?
- How could this move be used to aid a profession in the Pokémon World?
- Could this move realistically be used by any Pokémon who doesn't learn it normally? If yes, please explain your choices.
- How would this move be used in battling, realistically or video game-wise?
Other questions (You could ask other critical questions beyond the listed):
- What does a comet have to do with this move?
- Why is it that this move cannot always connect all its punches?
Here are the current users of this move:
Thanks for reading, and happy discussing!
~ The General Pokémon Forum Staff
Next Move-of-the-Week: The berry is unusable for the rest of the match.