In Pokemon, there are a lot of different moves used by different Pokémon. However, there are certain moves we don't normally see being used, heard about, or used in a meaningful manner. In this type of discussion, we shall discuss the ins-and-outs of the move of the topic, and there will be some base questions that will help you. Every
SaturdaySunday (for this week), a different move will be discussed.
This week, the move we will be focusing on is Reflect Type, a non-damaging Normal-type move introduced in Generation 5. Reflect Type changes the user's type to match the type or types of the target. Reflect Type works through Illusion, but fails when used by a Pokémon with Multitype.
Here are some questions for you to answer about this move, if you so desire:
- How does certain Pokémon (who knows it) use this move?
- What kind of purpose would this move have for them (in the Pokémon World)?
- How could this move be used to aid a profession in the Pokémon World?
- Realistically, would there be any advantage or disadvantage associated with using this move? If yes, what kind of advantage/disadvantage would they have when they use it?
- Could this move realistically be used by any Pokémon who doesn't learn it normally? If yes, please explain your choices.
- How would this move be used in competitive battling, realistically and in video game terms?
Here are the current learners of this move:
Thanks for reading, and happy discussing!
Previous move-of-the-week threads:
~ The Pokemon World Forum Staff