In Pokémon, there are lots of different moves used by different Pokémon. Every week, we shall focus the discussion on a different move, and there will be some base questions that would help you start this off. This week, Thunderbolt & Thunder are chosen.
This week, we'll be looking at a moderately powerful Fire type move, Flame Wheel. Introduced in Generation 2, the move is one of the few ways in the game that Pokemon can use to cure themselves of Freeze status. Flame Wheel generally takes the role of an intermediate STAB move in a Pokemon's moveset, replacing weaker moves like Ember until more powerful Fire type moves can be accessed.
Here's the in-game description for the move:
Here are the usual possible questions about this move:Originally Posted by Flame Wheel (BW)
- How does certain Pokémon (who knows it) use this move? What kind of purpose would this move have for them (in the Pokémon World)?
- How could this move be used to aid a profession in the Pokémon World?
- Could this move realistically be used by any Pokémon who doesn't learn it normally? If yes, please explain your choices.
- How would this move be used in battling, realistically or video game-wise?
Other questions (You could ask other critical questions beyond the listed):
- Why does Flame Wheel cure Freeze status, while most other Fire type moves do not?
- How does Flame Wheel differ from Flame Charge, which has a similar description?
Here is the current user list for Flame Wheel:
- Ponyta & Rapidash
- Cyndaquil, Quilava & Typhlosion
- Chimchar, Monferno & Infernape
- Rattata & Raticate
- Darumaka & Darmanitan
Thanks for reading, and happy discussing!
~ The General Pokémon Forum Staff
Next Move-of-the-Week: Moderately powerful Steel attack that may lower accuracy.