In Pokemon, there are a lot of different moves used by different Pokémon. However, there are certain moves we don't normally see being used, heard about, or used in a meaningful manner. In this type of discussion, we shall discuss the ins-and-outs of the move of the topic, and there will be some base questions that will help you. Every Saturday, a different move will be discussed.
This week, the move we will be focusing on is Eruption, a damage-dealing move introduced in Generation 3. Eruption does damage proportionately based on the user's HP; the base power reduces as the user's HP reduces. Thus, the move's maximum base power is when the Pokémon is at full HP, a stunning 150. This move is not very widely spread, being only learned by a handful of select fire-types. Here are some questions for you to answer about this move, if you so desire:
- How does certain Pokémon (who knows it) use this move?
- What kind of purpose would this move have for them (in the Pokémon World)?
- How could this move be used to aid a profession in the Pokémon World?
- Realistically, would there be any advantage or disadvantage associated with using this move? If yes, what kind of advantage/disadvantage would they have when they use it?
- Could this move realistically be used by any Pokémon who doesn't learn it normally? If yes, please explain your choices.
- How would this move be used in competitive battling, realistically and in video game terms?
Here are the current learners of this move:
- Cyndaquil, Quilava and Typhlosion
- Torkoal (Breeding)
- Heatran (Event, obtained in Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs)
Thanks for reading, and happy discussing!
~ The Pokemon World Forum Staff