In Pokemon, there are a lot of different moves used by different Pokémon. However, there are certain moves we don't normally see being used, heard about, or used in a meaningful manner. In this type of discussion, we shall discuss the ins-and-outs of the move of the topic, and there will be some base questions that will help you. Every Saturday, a different move will be discussed.
This time, the Move-of-the-week is covering a more heard of move, Pain Split. What it does is average the HP between the user and target, which will either heal or hurt the user depending on whether the target's HP is higher or lower. Originally, this move had limited distribution (Misdreavus was the original learner), but when it was made a Move Tutor in HeartGold and SoulSilver, a lot more Pokémon could utilise this move.
- How does certain Pokémon (who knows it) use this move?
- What kind of purpose would this move have for them (in the Pokémon World)?
- How could this move be used to aid a profession in the Pokémon World?
- Realistically, would there be any advantage or disadvantage associated with using this move? If yes, what kind of advantage/disadvantage would they have when they use it?
- Could this move realistically be used by any Pokémon who doesn't learn it normally? If yes, please explain your choices.
- How would this move be used in competitive battling, realistically and in video game terms?
Here are the current learners of this move (put in Spoiler since there are so many to list):
Thanks for reading, and happy discussing!
~ The Pokemon World Forum Staff
Here's something new for all of you: For every five weeks, users get to vote for the next move to be the next Move-of-the-Week. However, you can't choose just any move. To narrow down the selection of potential moves, a criteria for the next move would be placed. If you want to vote, at least contribute to the topic in hand to give your post some substance (and also because this topic is about the current move, not about voting for the next move). If you posted just to vote, your vote won't be considered.
Criteria for next move: Fire-type (Check here for the list)