In Pokémon, there are lots of different moves used by different Pokémon. Every week, we shall focus the discussion on a different move, and there will be some base questions that would help you start this off. This week, Coil is chosen.
(Click picture to go to the Bulbapedia page)
This move is chosen since it is the Year of the Snake this year, so what better way to celebrate it with a move that are for snakes? In Generation 5, a few new setup moves were introduced. Never before had there been a move that actively raised accuracy, or a move that actively raised three stats at once. Coil fits both criteria. This move is notably quite nice because it is like Bulk Up but better, and while it does have a few users, everyone of them are able to take advantage of it to its full extent.Originally Posted by In-game Description (BW)
Here are the usual possible questions about this move:
- How does certain Pokémon (who knows it) use this move?
- What kind of purpose would this move have for them (in the Pokémon World)?
- How could this move be used to aid a profession in the Pokémon World?
- Could this move realistically be used by any Pokémon who doesn't learn it normally? If yes, please explain your choices.
- How would this move be used in battling, realistically or video game-wise?
Other questions (You could ask other critical questions beyond the listed):
- How doe coiling up the body raise Attack, Defence and Speed?
- Realistically, does snakes gain an advantage by coiling up?
Here are the current users of this move:
Thanks for reading, and happy discussing!
~ The Pokémon World Forum Staff