(Just a note: This week is voting week)
In Pokémon, there are lots of different moves used by different Pokémon. Every week, we shall focus the discussion on a different move, and there will be some base questions that would help you start this off. This week, Focus Blast is chosen.
(Click picture to go to the Bulbapedia page)
Generation 4's Physical and Special split result in the introduction of several attacks to give certain types a combination. Focus Blast is a result of not having Special Fighting moves. As far as power and usefulness go, Focus Blast is one of the best, for its ability to complement type coverages. However, it is also inaccurate enough to be reliable. As far as learners go, most users possess hands to shoot the blast, and the main learners are fully-evolved Pokémon.Originally Posted by In-game Description (BW)
Here are the usual possible questions about this move:
- How does certain Pokémon (who knows it) use this move?
- What kind of purpose would this move have for them (in the Pokémon World)?
- How could this move be used to aid a profession in the Pokémon World?
- Could this move realistically be used by any Pokémon who doesn't learn it normally? If yes, please explain your choices.
- How would this move be useful in battling, realistically or video game-wise?
Other questions (You could ask other critical questions beyond the listed):
- What qualities does a Pokémon who could still evolve have to be able to learn it? (eg: Golett, Machop, Vigoroth)
- Some attacks have reliable accuracy. However, this move is not really accurate (70%). Why do you think this is the case?
- Must the user be fully concentrated for this move to work?
- Is it possible for a Pokémon to fully master this move? (As in, they could reliably hit the opponent all the time, with full power.)
Here are the current users of this move (put in Spoiler tag due to the large learner list)]:
Thanks for reading, and happy discussing!
~ The Pokémon World Forum Staff
[Note: On every third move out of a cycle of four, add this part.]
For every four weeks, users get to vote for the next Move-of-the-Week. To narrow down the selection of potential moves, a criteria for the next move would be placed. If you want to vote, at least contribute to the topic in hand, to give your post some substance (and also because this topic is about the current move, not about voting for the next move). If you posted just to vote, your vote won't be considered.
Criterion for next move: Move (in English) that begins with "G" ( @PkmnGreen; is promoted to Forum Head not long ago.)
- Gastro Acid
- Gear Grind
- Giga Drain
- Giga Impact
- Grass Knot
- Grass Pledge
- Guard Split
- Guard Swap
- Gunk Shot
- Gyro Ball