Move-of-the-Week Discussion #26: Attack Order

Thread: Move-of-the-Week Discussion #26: Attack Order

Blog Entries

Default Move-of-the-Week Discussion #26: Attack Order

In Pokémon, there are lots of different moves used by different Pokémon. However, there are certain moves we don't normally see being used, heard about, or used in a meaningful manner. On the other hand, there are moves that are famous or used often. In this type of discussion, we shall discuss the ins-and-outs of the move of the topic, and there will be some base questions that would help you start this off. Every week, a different move will be the centre of discussion.

(Click picture to go to the Bulbapedia page)

Quote Originally Posted by In-game Description (BW)
    Type: Bug (Physical)
    Base Power: 90
    Accuracy: 100%
    PP: 15

The user calls out its underlings to pummel the target. Critical hits land easier.
    Vespiquen was introduced in Generation 4, and this move was introduced along with the Pokémon. Along with the other two moves that only Vespiquen could learn, these moves are suitable for Vespiquen's matriarchal role, this made it stand out from the other Bug-types. This move is one of the better Physical Bug-type attacks, sporting good power and a high critical-hit ratio, so it's a good idea to use this move if using Vespiquen.

Here are the usual possible questions about this move:
    • How does certain Pokémon (who knows it) use this move?
    • What kind of purpose would this move have for them (in the Pokémon World)?
    • How could this move be used to aid a profession in the Pokémon World?
    • Realistically, would there be any advantage or disadvantage associated with using this move? If yes, what kind of advantage/disadvantage would the user have when they use it?
    • Could this move realistically be used by any Pokémon who doesn't learn it normally? If yes, please explain your choices.
    • How would this move be used in battling, realistically or video game-wise?

Other questions (You could ask other critical questions beyond the listed):
    • When this move is used, bees will show up and attack the target. Where do the bees come from if this move is used?
    • Should other royalty-based Pokémon or leader-based ones learn this move?

Here is the current user of this move:
    • Vespiquen

Thanks for reading, and happy discussing!

~ The Pokémon World Forum Staff

Previous Move-of-the-Weeks:
    “Detachment does not consist in setting fire to one's house, or becoming bankrupt or throwing one's fortune out of the window, or even giving away all of one's possessions. Detachment consists in refraining from letting our possessions possess us.”

Bonus articles: Improving the Ice-type (04/09/2014)

HORI-CHAN-SENPAI! VoltChen Magneton's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow VoltChen Magneton On Twitter Add VoltChen Magneton on Facebook

Default Re: Move-of-the-Week Discussion #26: Attack Order

I think the user (Vespiquen for now) secretes hormones or enzymes which control the bees to attack.

When this move is used, bees will show up and attack the target. Where do the bees come from if this move is used?
    Vespiquen has a honeycomb part, right?

Should other royalty-based Pokémon or leader-based ones learn this move?
    I think no. But how about termite queens?

Nice weather we're having SirOni's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just about the entirety of Vespiquen's lower body is hive I would say. Makes me wonder about these bees though. Her page says that these bees are baby Combee.
    Caro: 0774-4484-9102

IGN: Antonio

URPG:http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f401/cerony-urpg-66373/

I always imagined that Vespiquen would conjure a swarm of bees to attack the enemy, but then the non-existence of normal animals in the Pokemon World makes that seem a little out of place. I know in the anime the move simply makes all the nearby Combee focus their attacks on the target, but that isn't really going to work in a single battle. Perhaps the "bees" are just flying projectiles that Vespiquen can control or redirect at will.

I wonder if Durant or Beedrill ever got a queen based evolution, whether they'd be able to use this move too. In Durant's case, it would be cool if the animation was different.

We'll Have So Much Fun Enzap's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Enzap on Tumblr

I like to imagine that in the wild, Vespiquen would order a large swarm of Combees to attack. However, she could probably also create a missile of sorts that resembles a buzzing bee out of energy that.

Visit Dralcax's Youtube Channel

One thing comes to mind:

SHE'S SHOOTING HER EXPLODING BABIES!

Seriously, though, this move seems Vespiquen-only, because there's only one other Pokémon that carries around her babies, and watching a baby Kangaskhan fly at the opponent and explode is gruesome.

Vespiquen's signature! Along with Defend Order and Heal Order. As a Bug Maniac I LOVEEEEE this move.

What it does is really to summon all nearby Combee to attack the opponent. There are also baby Combee in her lower honeycomb - think Kangaskhan, as someone above me mentioned - that she can utilize if there are no nearby ones.

Might as well talk about Defend Order too. It's amazing to raise both Defense and Special Defense by using those bees to attach to her like a shield of sorts.

And Heal Order just gets the Combee to bring back their honey and nutrients for her to absorb. The Queen IS THE QUEEN!
    "I'm going to become a top-level Trainer who can't be outclassed with my beautiful and tough Bug Pokemon!"