In Pokémon, there are lots of different moves used by different Pokémon. However, there are certain moves we don't normally see being used, heard about, or used in a meaningful manner. On the other hand, there are moves we see that are famous or used often. In this type of discussion, we shall discuss the ins-and-outs of the move of the topic, and there will be some base questions that would help you start this off. Every Saturday, a different move will be the centre of discussion.
Greetings travellers, this week we’ll be looking at Follow Me, a move that forces all opponents in Double and Triple battles to target the user. Follow Me was introduced in Gen III as part of a plethora of new moves designed for the then newly implemented Double Battles. Something to consider about the move is its Japanese name; Stay With This Finger, which suggests the move involves some kind of trick to draw attention to the user. Got any thoughts or ideas about this move? Share them here!Originally Posted by In-game Description (BW)
Here are the usual possible questions about this move:
- How does certain Pokémon (who knows it) use this move?
- What kind of purpose would this move have for them (in the Pokémon World)?
- How could this move be used to aid a profession in the Pokémon World?
- Realistically, would there be any advantage or disadvantage associated with using this move? If yes, what kind of advantage/disadvantage would they have when they use it?
- Could this move realistically be used by any Pokémon who doesn't learn it normally? If yes, please explain your choices.
- How would this move be used in battling, realistically or video game-wise?
Other questions (You could ask other critical questions beyond the listed):
- What do the Pokemon that are capable of learning this move have in common?
- Would this move work on people? If so, how would that be useful?
- Could Follow Me be changed to have an effect in single battles? If so, what?
- How does Follow Me differ from Metronome, another finger wagging move?
Here are the current users of this move:
- Clefairy & Clefable
- Sentret & Furret
- Togepi, Togetic & Togekiss
- Pachirisu (breeding)
- Riolu & Lucario (breeding)
- Mr. Mime (XD)
- Electabuzz & Electivire (XD)
- Magmar & Magmortar (XD)
- Pichu, Pikachu & Raichu (Gen III event)
- Squirtle, Wartortle & Blastoise (Gen V event)
Thanks for reading, and happy discussing!
~ The Pokémon World Forum Staff