In Pokémon, there are lots of different moves used by different Pokémon. However, there are certain moves we don't normally see being used, heard about, or used in a meaningful manner. On the other hand, there are moves we see that are famous or used often. In this type of discussion, we shall discuss the ins-and-outs of the move of the topic, and there will be some base questions that would help you start this off. Every week, a different move will be the centre of discussion.
(Click picture to go to the Bulbapedia page)
Introduced in Generation 1, this is more of a novelty move than anything else. As one of the ways to make money when options were sparse, this move was a welcomed alternative, due to its TM status. However, with the advent of Generation 3, very few learners of the art of making money remain. One of these is Meowth, who came to become associated with this move as time went on. However, that doesn't stop us from discussing this move at its fullest, right?Originally Posted by In-game Description (BW)
Here are the usual possible questions about this move:
- How does certain Pokémon (who knows it) use this move?
- What kind of purpose would this move have for them (in the Pokémon World)?
- How could this move be used to aid a profession in the Pokémon World?
- Realistically, would there be any advantage or disadvantage associated with using this move? If yes, what kind of advantage/disadvantage would the user have when they use it?
- Could this move realistically be used by any Pokémon who doesn't learn it normally? If yes, please explain your choices.
- How would this move be used in battling, realistically or video game-wise?
Other questions (You could ask other critical questions beyond the listed):
- Why is it that a higher-levelled Pokémon gives out a higher payout?
- Realistically, is this move feasible to earn extra money?
- Would the cash look different if a different Pokémon used it?
- Why is the cash handed out accepted by shops, if the money looked different from the standard money?
- Should there be conditions where the Pay Day learner is able to hand out extra cash?
Here are the current users of this move (Put in Spoiler tag since a lot of learners are listed):
Thanks for reading, and happy discussing!
~ The Pokémon World Forum Staff