In Pokemon, there are a lot of different moves used by different Pokémon. However, there are certain moves we don't normally see being used, heard about, or used in a meaningful manner. In this type of discussion, we shall discuss the ins-and-outs of the move of the topic, and there will be some base questions that will help you. Every Saturday, a different move will be discussed.
Our move for this week is Gravity, a field effect that gravitates anything that levitates or flies, in addition to negating any move that involves flying (like Telekinesis and Sky Drop). Its availability is quite wide too, since it is a Move Tutor, although it's not widely available early in Generation 4 when this move was first introduced. As before, here are some questions to get the ball rolling and your imagination go wild, though you are free to ask other critical questions too:
- How does certain Pokémon (who knows it) use this move?
- What kind of purpose would this move have for them (in the Pokémon World)?
- How could this move be used to aid a profession in the Pokémon World?
- Realistically, would there be any advantage or disadvantage associated with using this move? If yes, what kind of advantage/disadvantage would they have when they use it?
- Could this move realistically be used by any Pokémon who doesn't learn it normally? If yes, please explain your choices.
- How would this move be used in competitive battling, realistically and in video game terms?
Here are the current users of this move (put in Spoiler since there are so many to list):
Thanks for reading, and happy discussing!
~ The Pokemon World Forum Staff