(Just a reminder: This week is voting week!)
In Pokémon, there are lots of different moves used by different Pokémon. However, there are certain moves we don't normally see being used, heard about, or used in a meaningful manner. On the other hand, there are moves we see that are famous or used often. In this type of discussion, we shall discuss the ins-and-outs of the move of the topic, and there will be some base questions that would help you start this off. Every Saturday, a different move will be the centre of discussion.
(Click picture to go to the Bulbapedia page)
Taunt was introduced in Generation 3, and it continues to be one of the game's TMs. This move, as the description suggests, allows the target to only use attacking moves. This effect works immediately after this move is used, meaning that it could prevent a target from using a dreadful move. If they cannot use any other move due to other restrictions such as having no attacking moves, then they will be forced to Struggle. It is sort of a counterpart to Torment (which was covered two weeks ago), as both moves deal with move prevention, while also having the effect of enraging the target.Originally Posted by In-game Description (Move)
Here are the usual possible questions about this move:
- How do certain Pokémon (who knows it) use this move?
- What kind of purpose would this move have for them (in the Pokémon World)?
- How could this move be used to aid a profession in the Pokémon World?
- Realistically, would there be any advantage or disadvantage associated with using this move? If yes, what kind of advantage/disadvantage would the user have when they use it?
- Could this move realistically be used by any Pokémon who doesn't learn it normally? If yes, please explain your choices.
- How would this move be used in battling, realistically or video game-wise?
Other questions (You could ask other critical questions beyond the listed):
- What characteristics do the current learners have to be about to Taunt someone or something?
- In terms of enraging the target, what is the difference between this move and Taunt?
Here are the current users of this move (Put in Spoiler tag since a lot of learners are listed):
Thanks for reading, and happy discussing!
~ The Pokémon World Forum Staff
For every five weeks (will be four next time), users get to vote for the next move to be the next Move-of-the-Week. However, you can't choose just any move. To narrow down the selection of potential moves, a criteria for the next move would be placed. If you want to vote, at least contribute to the topic in hand to give your post some substance (and also because this topic is about the current move, not about voting for the next move). If you posted just to vote, your vote won't be considered.
One more thing: if a move is already covered in a past Move-of-the-Week, then it won't be considered, so make sure to check the list to see if the move you wish to vote had already been covered.
Criterion for next move: Normal Status (Check here for the list)