In Pokémon, there are lots of different moves used by different Pokémon. However, there are certain moves we don't normally see being used, heard about, or used in a meaningful manner. On the other hand, there are moves we see that are famous or used often. In this type of discussion, we shall discuss the ins-and-outs of the move of the topic, and there will be some base questions that would help you start this off. Every Saturday, a different move will be the centre of discussion.
Wish is one of those moves that you will learn to appreciate if you know how to use it. Introduced in Generation 3, it provides a way to heal any Pokémon, even those without a recovery move in hand. I am sure when you are in a wounded condition, you would love to recieve healing to alleviate the suffering, hence this move's translation as "Pray" in some languages. In Generation 5, a drastic change occurred. Rather than heal half the maximum HP of the recipient, it now heals HP based on the user's HP, so this makes any Pokémon with a high HP brilliant users of this move.Originally Posted by In-game Description (Move)
Here are the usual possible questions about this move:
- How does certain Pokémon (who knows it) use this move?
- What kind of purpose would this move have for them (in the Pokémon World)?
- How could this move be used to aid a profession in the Pokémon World?
- Realistically, would there be any advantage or disadvantage associated with using this move? If yes, what kind of advantage/disadvantage would they have when they use it?
- Could this move realistically be used by any Pokémon who doesn't learn it normally? If yes, please explain your choices.
- How would this move be used in battling, realistically or video game-wise?
Other questions (You could ask other critical questions beyond the listed):
- What does the (non-event) users of this move have in common to be able to learn this move?
- What kind of wish is usually made by the users?
- Are trainers able to get the Pokémon with this move to grant their wishes/prayers/desires?
- Generation 5 changed this move to heal HP based on the user's HP. Making sense out of this, What kind of advantage does a high HP Pokémon have to be able to recover more health than those with less HP?
Here are the current users of this move (Put in Spoiler tag since a lot of learners are listed):
Thanks for reading, and happy discussing!
~ The Pokémon World Forum Staff
For every five weeks, users get to vote for the next move to be the next Move-of-the-Week. However, you can't choose just any move. To narrow down the selection of potential moves, a criteria for the next move would be placed. If you want to vote, at least contribute to the topic in hand to give your post some substance (and also because this topic is about the current move, not about voting for the next move). If you posted just to vote, your vote won't be considered.
Criterion for next move: Ghost-type (Check here for the list)