Move-of-the-Week Discussion #1 - Quash - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Move-of-the-Week Discussion #1 - Quash

Not that masterful The pokemaster's Avatar

Default Re: Move-of-the-Week Discussion #1 - Quash

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Clowncrete View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The pokemaster View Post
    I think it falls into the same category as After You when it comes to use in battle. It's theoretically a nice move that could help turn the tide in Triple Battles, but it's generally not worth bothering with. And like it has been said, Murkrow w/ Prankster is the only one who can use it reliably, as other Pokemon are too slow, or really deserve a better move than Quash. I think it was a nice idea, but it doesn't really work as well as it was intended IMO. The only thing I could see it being used for is disabling a faster Pokemon, letting your teammates take it down before it can do anything, but most of the Pokemon that learn Quash aren't particularly fast, so there's little point.

The only other idea I could think of is using it when switching the positions of your Pokemon in a Triple Battle, letting you Quash a super effective move aimed at one of your Pokemon, switch your team around, and then let something else that resists the move take the attack you just Quashed. It would let you rotate your team around safer if you wanted to do that and didn't have access to Ally Switch.
    It can be useful to stop strategies like rain dance or tailwind. Just quash the mon who is trying to setup and kill him with your second slower Pokemon.
    That's true, but that requires an awful lot of prediction, and still feels like it's very situational.

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Clowncrete View Post
    I think it falls into the same category as After You when it comes to use in battle. It's theoretically a nice move that could help turn the tide in Triple Battles, but it's generally not worth bothering with. And like it has been said, Murkrow w/ Prankster is the only one who can use it reliably, as other Pokemon are too slow, or really deserve a better move than Quash. I think it was a nice idea, but it doesn't really work as well as it was intended IMO. The only thing I could see it being used for is disabling a faster Pokemon, letting your teammates take it down before it can do anything, but most of the Pokemon that learn Quash aren't particularly fast, so there's little point.

The only other idea I could think of is using it when switching the positions of your Pokemon in a Triple Battle, letting you Quash a super effective move aimed at one of your Pokemon, switch your team around, and then let something else that resists the move take the attack you just Quashed. It would let you rotate your team around safer if you wanted to do that and didn't have access to Ally Switch.
    It can be useful to stop strategies like rain dance or tailwind. Just quash the mon who is trying to setup and kill him with your second slower Pokemon.
    That's true, but that requires an awful lot of prediction, and still feels like it's very situational.
    I would agree with you over the situational part. This is because majority of the users of tailwind, etc have prankster and will likely go first anyway. Imo, fake out is a better strategy-stopper in doubles than quash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

追放されたバカ

What kind of purpose would this move have for them (in the Pokemon World)?
    Maintaining the pecking order for apex predator Pokémon in the wild.

How could this move be used to aid a profession in the Pokemon World? To enforce the rule of Team PLASMAAAAAAA!!!(If they succeeded)

Blog Entries

Quash is awesome, if only better Pokemon knew it. Murkrow has Prankster, but even with Evolite, it's kinda frail and has a good amount of weaknesses. Some of the other Pokemon listed, like Spiritomb, are decently bulky but lack the speed/abilities to pull it off, unless they're under Trick Room.

Sableye and Whimsicott would like access to this move the most, I'd say. Sableye moreso due to that typing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12