Most underrated Pokemon? - Page 4

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Most underrated Pokemon?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Most underrated Pokemon?

Ponyta's line. I've found my Rapidash to be my best Pokémon overall. Mine is great in contests, great at battling, has a decent type, and is just overall cool.

I love a lot of Ice types, too. There's not that many and it's weak to fire and water, but it's got key strengths too. I think Articuno (tied for my favorite legendary), Cloyster, Lapras, Piloswine, and Weavile are just awesome. Just. Awesome.

Absol: It's just awesome.

Oh. My. God.

GET IT OFF! GET IT OFF!

Blog Entries

Staraptor - Sure, all my friends make fun of me for using it but I like its speed and attack. Not to mention, Brave Bird and Close Combat are pretty good.

I really liked my Raticate too. Sure it was really kind of a "beginner's pokémon" but it made a great HM slave. Not to mention, I could dish out some decent damage with Strength, Super Fang, Cut and (hyper Fang or Double-Edge, cannot remember).
    What are the Legendaries really like? Find out in The Life of the Legendaries

Humans and pokémon no longer live in harmony. Hear their tales in The Poké Wars Chronicles: Tales From A World At War

Cynthia once had it all: powerful pokémon, fame and hordes of adoring fans. But Ho-oh's campaign tears her life asunder. Now to survive this deadly new world, she must do the one thing that she never wanted: kill. Follow her trials through a world at war in Poké Wars: Downfall of a Champion

IT'S A CLEMUSKETEER!!! IslandWalker's Avatar
    Guatemala, the country full of COD-obsessed bullies.
    Blog Entries

Meganium. It's a cute, epic, and beautiful dinosaur with a flower on its neck. But why is such a well-designed Pokemon so underrated? Here's some of the most frequent comments I've seen on it that annoy me.

It looks gay-I bet if you met a six-foot tall in real life you wouldn't call it "gay" because of its flower. Flowers are part of nature, and I see no reason to call them girly. It's not like it goes around prancing in a flower field, look at my avatar. One of the reasons I like it is that it is loveable yet awesome.

Limited movepool-It's not what kind of pen you have, but what you write with it. If you need overkill on your team to win, I bet you're not even that good. First of all, Meganium can commonly be used as a supporter with moves like Reflect and Aromatherapy. If you want to use it in battle, just don't expect it to rampage through everything. It's as simple as that.

Too simple-I don't really understand how a Meganium is simple. A purple blob is, but that doesn't make it any less useful. We don't want to make them look like Digimon, which IMO goes overboard on detailing sometimes.

Disadvantage in regional gyms-As I said before, you're better at battling if you can battle with different kinds of Pokemon. Meganium can be a challenge in the Johto region, so don't take it in a bad way. Besides, SoulSilver is what taught me that just having one Pokemon and using it to battle everything isn't OK. No type has an advantage over everything, so if you train them all at the same levels you'll be better than ever.

So that's my little (or not so little) reason for liking Meganium. I actually kind of like it being underrated, because I get to defend it and truly show that I like it.
    Bellossom likes this.

Some say I'm part opossum Opossumguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This has probably been said countless times, but Qwilfish REALLY deserves more love and attention. He can use Spikes and Toxic Spikes, Explosion, and Destiny Bond, and has really good STAB with Aqua Tail, Waterfall, and Poison Jab. He has a pretty nice attack stat, and speed stat, too. Not to mention, he works great on a Rain Dance team with Swift Swim. And, he has a pretty unique type, as only Tentacruel's line shares it. Overall, I think it is a great Pokemon, and it's my personal favorite.
    I love opossums. They shall rule the world. Oh, and I should be more active now.

Blog Entries

Follow Arc Blader on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWalker View Post
    Meganium. It's a cute, epic, and beautiful dinosaur with a flower on its neck. But why is such a well-designed Pokemon so underrated? Here's some of the most frequent comments I've seen on it that annoy me.

It looks gay-I bet if you met a six-foot tall in real life you wouldn't call it "gay" because of its flower. Flowers are part of nature, and I see no reason to call them girly. It's not like it goes around prancing in a flower field, look at my avatar. One of the reasons I like it is that it is loveable yet awesome.
    Flowers do produce sperm cells. Most of them are the exact opposite of girly

Too simple-I don't really understand how a Meganium is simple. A purple blob is, but that doesn't make it any less useful. We don't want to make them look like Digimon, which IMO goes overboard on detailing sometimes.
    In terms of over-simplicity, Meganium is NOTHING compared to Typhlosion.

Disadvantage in regional gyms-As I said before, you're better at battling if you can battle with different kinds of Pokemon. Meganium can be a challenge in the Johto region, so don't take it in a bad way. Besides, SoulSilver is what taught me that just having one Pokemon and using it to battle everything isn't OK. No type has an advantage over everything, so if you train them all at the same levels you'll be better than ever.
    Pfeh. Type advantages are for wimps!
    So yeah, I like Meganium too. It's very underrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiramu Kuromu View Post
    Let me bring to mind a certain trio of legendaries. This trio is known as the Kami Trio, who are often hated as either not resembling Pokemon or simply using the same pose in their sprites. While the former can be argued about more, the idea of Kamis as a basis for Pokemon at all is very unique. Their appearences can be based on the Raijin and Fujin, who are either spoken of as two troublesome demons or ferocious temple guardians according to PokeBeach. This fits the descriptions of Tornadus and Thundurus very well, as not only do they have a slightly more ferocious design than some other lesser trios, their main ability allows them to use Status moves with +1 priority. Very troublesome indeed, but why Landorus resembles them more is a mystery when it's basis is not usually depicted as a demon similar to the Raijin and Fujin, which may also be why it's National Dex number is seperate from the two.

What could be even more fuel for arguements is their sprites. When looking at most sites such as Bulbapedia or Serebii, they share the exact same pose with only colors, hair, horns, and tail designs being different from eachother.

The Lake Trio had a similar design style with only their heads different from eachother, but not as different from eachother as the Kami Trio though. They on the other hand, have completely different poses in their sprites. Surely the Kamis should have their own poses as well. Well, let's remember the fact that B/W has fully animated sprites. Having sprites like B/W has is not as easy as having sprites like D/P or HG/SS have. Something smaller in size would be relatively easy to pose differently (The Lake Trio), but a similar idea of floating Pokemon that have much larger proportions such as muscles might be a bit harder as they'll have a somewhat larger sprite (The Kami Trio). Despite what this difficulty may suggest though, the Kamis DO have more different sprites than one thinks. As I mentioned, B/W uses fully animated sprites and not static sprites. Most other companies use simple pallete swaps with minor details changed for some monsters in other sprite games and display them as completely seperate species. What makes the Kami Trio so different is that they're handled more professionally, with enough major detail differences for each to be unique. In addition, they have entirely seperate animations:

Tornadus has a more stiff animation with more detail in facial animation, Thundurus moves around from side to side more often and has more detailed hair and tail animation, where Landorus wobbles in place more while not moving too much in general.

So naturally, I believe these 3 are underrated simply because of their own designs. They are not simple lazy designs like most other companies attempt, as each of them have been given proper details, typing, and animations for each to have their unique feel to them. I simply cannot wait for their debuts in other media of the franchise. I keep thinking it'll be interesting to see them in the anime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurostra View Post
    You wanna see a underrated psychic type? Take a look at this poor guy:

Until today I NEVER saw one fan of it.

And let's not forget about this other fella:

... I can't really think of a specific reason to hate any of them. They're just ugly. /troll

Anyhow, my vote has to go to Glaceon. The other Eeveelutions get all the attention (well, other than Leafeon, but that thing's ugly as hell). D:

Credit for the picture of Meloetta goes to BlueWiiKoon. The rest was 'shopped by me.

Black Friend Code - 0089 1522 3669

I feel so much spring... Cabaret's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Swalot was a very useful member of my Ruby team that I still use today in my CHAMPION team, but it seems to be underrated because there are a few other poison typed pokemon that you can obtain earliar in the game. Not to mention Gulpin isn't very attractive to begin with.

Get the cool shoeshine! Glitchitar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Snorunt. It is cute *in my way at least* and even Mr.Sugimori make said pokemon art sad. And it evovles into Ghost/Ice!

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

Manectric, its a shame everyone seems to think he's an inferior Jolteon, when was the last time you saw a Jolteon use Flamethrower?

Not to mention he's got some neat tricks up his sleeve like Switcheroo and the new and improved Lightningrod.

samurai in autumn garrison-san's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow garrison-san On Twitter
    Follow garrison-san on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by WingullStrike View Post
    Not to mention Gulpin isn't very attractive to begin with.
    Eh, each to their own, I suppose. Whenever I see a Gulpin, I just wanna grab it and snuggle it. Waaaaaaaay cuter than Pikachu. :3

I feel so much spring... Cabaret's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by garrison-san View Post
    Eh, each to their own, I suppose. Whenever I see a Gulpin, I just wanna grab it and snuggle it. Waaaaaaaay cuter than Pikachu. :3
    Oh I think it's a pretty cute design, but I was reffering to the larger amount of people who don't appreciate Gulpin.

Butterfree. While it has 100% (or at least 97.5%) accurate Sleep Powder, Breloom tramples it. Even in NU/UU, no one uses it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dissident View Post
    ... I can't really think of a specific reason to hate any of them. They're just ugly. /troll

Anyhow, my vote has to go to Glaceon. The other Eeveelutions get all the attention (well, other than Leafeon, but that thing's ugly as hell). D:
    Lolwut, I'd say it's the other way around. I see illiterate wolfaboo Glaceon fans all the time, and imo Glace is the fugly one.

Anyway, as someone else has said, Rapidash is really underrated. You don't even see the poor guy in the anime much. He's one of my favorite Pokemon and can be pretty beast in the right hands, but most people forget about him.

Also, Omastar, Cradily, and the other fossils.

Black&White!

Absol is the most underrated for me.

Almost no one gives that little guy credit, I think it's awesome. One of my favorites, if not my favorite. It's design is awesome, it's moveset isn't the best, but you can fix that with TMs, Breeding or Tutoring.
    My fanfiction: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f227/my-pokemon-journey-98337/
    I have claimed Gold/Ethan!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Ketchum View Post
    Absol is the most underrated for me.

Almost no one gives that little guy credit, I think it's awesome. One of my favorites, if not my favorite. It's design is awesome, it's moveset isn't the best, but you can fix that with TMs, Breeding or Tutoring.
    Are you serious?
    Absol has hundreds of fans. :O

-

Jynx is underrated.
    When it isn't being called "teh racist!!!!", that is.

Really, 115 Sp Atk isn't anything to laugh at.
    yeah.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast