Most underrated Pokemon? - Page 3

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Most underrated Pokemon?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Most underrated Pokemon?

Im pretty sure NO ONE payed attention to this guy ever since he was introduced 8{

Blog Entries

Victreebel and Cloyster are underrated.

Victreebel has a decent movepool. He learns great moves, like Weather Ball, Leaf Blade, Sword Dance and Sunny Day. Victreebel is a great addition to a Sunny Day team.

Cloyster is a formidable physical wall and he's also a potent physical attacker thanks to his new move, Shell Break. His ability aids him well. Skill Link + Icicle Spear + Shell Break = a force to be reckoned with.

Quote Originally Posted by Samurostra View Post
    You wanna see a underrated psychic type? Take a look at this poor guy:

Until today I NEVER saw one fan of it.

And let's not forget about this other fella:

I actually used a Grumpig once before, and I liked it. :>
    It's not a favorite of mine, but it's definitely not one of those Pokemon that I completely acknowledge.

Something for nothing Cyber Jet's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It just hit me today of how underated Pinser is.

Ok most people would chose siczor or heracross over it. But pinser is still quite a good pokemon.

It has two great abiltys and its dream world abitly is quite good to as it rases it attack every time it K.Os a pokemon and can use sword dance,has a good STAB move with X-sisor and also can use alot of other good moves such as Earthquake,Super power,Stone Edge,Close combat,Bulk Up and a few others.

Also it stats are quite good with a monster 125 attack(it can have a max of 383 attack at lvl 100) and a nice 100 def so it can take some hits and a nice 85 base speed.

This guy can be quite a monster of a attacker when used right trust me.

Mr. Mime is very underrated, I find it's stats to be really good, it's my favorite Pokemon too, too bad not a lot of people like him...

I also think Pinsir is quite underrated too. Not a lot of people mention Pinsir, only downside with Pinsir is the fact that it levels up sooooo slowly, as slow as legendaries.
    Last edited by LonelyGamer95; 5th February 2011 at 10:33 PM.

Pinsir hands down. He's such a good Pokemon but no one seems to care.

I think I'm psychic... Abrakazam's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VibravaRules
    Im pretty sure NO ONE payed attention to this guy ever since he was introduced 8{
    For some reason I went crazy over Dunsparce in LeafGreen. I loved its quirky little design and I was kind of surprised at how everyone seemed to pass over it when talking Pokemon. I caught about ten of those just because they were so weird. And awesome.

I think the Oddish family is underrated as well. Vileplume is worth raising for its moveset capabilities. Plus it's freaky-looking and throws people off guard, which I like!!
    When you shall these unlucky deeds relate,
    Speak of me as I am; nothing extenuate,
    Nor set down aught in malice. Then must you speak
    Of one that lov'd not wisely but too well;
    Of one not easily jealous, but being wrought,
    Perplex'd in the extreme. . .

William Shakespeare
    Othello

Quote Originally Posted by VibravaRules View Post
    Dunsparce is the Rocky Horror Picture Show of pokemon. Strange people like it for being so strange which is the only reason to give it much recognition at all. If there is a cult-ish pokemon I'd say it's him.

I'm already sensing that even in this generation, Bearctic is going to be very underused for a pokemon species that a lot of people requested.

Others off the top of my head...
    Walrein, Primape(have you even seen this poor guy in the anime since Ash had one for...3 episodes?), and this may sound odd but I feel like though he's pretty commonly seen, Steelix gets very little love anymore.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VibravaRules View Post
    At least the poor Dunsparce got a new friend in generation V:

Gar

No.

Don't you ever again consider comparing the masterpiece design of Dunsparce to that... that... THING.

*Goes back to tending his Dunsparce farm*

>:(

Blog Entries

for me, it has to be ampharos, in the right hands, it can be used competitiavely
    "Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."

Arthur Conan Doyle

http://z13.invisionfree.com/Rainbow_Starworld/index.php?act=idx

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bay View Post
    No.

Don't you ever again consider comparing the masterpiece design of Dunsparce to that... that... THING.

xD
    I guess that Maggyo are more worth to battle than Dunsparce, at least... But I don't care about it, Dunsparce's design is better than Maggyo's.

I won't bite... much. SharKing's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow SharKing On Twitter
    Visit SharKing's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by FallenStar View Post
    Cloyster is a formidable physical wall and he's also a potent physical attacker thanks to his new move, Shell Break. His ability aids him well. Skill Link + Icicle Spear + Shell Break = a force to be reckoned with.
    Actually, it's overrated now. All because of Shell Break. Yes, it's an epic setup move, and the buffed Icicle Spear with Skill Link and STAB is deadly, but Rohbushin/Conkeldurr's everywhere, always packin' Mach Punch.
    This post brought to you by
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

I'm not just on BMGf. Check me out on:
    YouTube | Twitter | Smogon Forums | Marriland Forums

I have another one. Pachirisu. D8 His swell speed and special defense is often overlooked due to his awful attack stats. But Pachirisu gets one valuable asset: Super Fang. No-one wants to lose half their HP to this little squirrel. Took down my own Charizard easy, especially thanks to Stealth Rock damage. (:< Granted, his defense is awful, but put him against special Pokemon, he is beast, cuttin' HP by half like a squirrel-demon!

Quote Originally Posted by Shiramu Kuromu
    Let me bring to mind a certain trio of legendaries. This trio is known as the Kami Trio, who are often hated as either not resembling Pokemon or simply using the same pose in their sprites. While the former can be argued about more, the idea of Kamis as a basis for Pokemon at all is very unique. Their appearences can be based on the Raijin and Fujin, who are either spoken of as two troublesome demons or ferocious temple guardians according to PokeBeach. This fits the descriptions of Tornadus and Thundurus very well, as not only do they have a slightly more ferocious design than some other lesser trios, their main ability allows them to use Status moves with +1 priority. Very troublesome indeed, but why Landorus resembles them more is a mystery when it's basis is not usually depicted as a demon similar to the Raijin and Fujin, which may also be why it's National Dex number is seperate from the two.

What could be even more fuel for arguements is their sprites. When looking at most sites such as Bulbapedia or Serebii, they share the exact same pose with only colors, hair, horns, and tail designs being different from eachother.

The Lake Trio had a similar design style with only their heads different from eachother, but not as different from eachother as the Kami Trio though. They on the other hand, have completely different poses in their sprites. Surely the Kamis should have their own poses as well. Well, let's remember the fact that B/W has fully animated sprites. Having sprites like B/W has is not as easy as having sprites like D/P or HG/SS have. Something smaller in size would be relatively easy to pose differently (The Lake Trio), but a similar idea of floating Pokemon that have much larger proportions such as muscles might be a bit harder as they'll have a somewhat larger sprite (The Kami Trio). Despite what this difficulty may suggest though, the Kamis DO have more different sprites than one thinks. As I mentioned, B/W uses fully animated sprites and not static sprites. Most other companies use simple pallete swaps with minor details changed for some monsters in other sprite games and display them as completely seperate species. What makes the Kami Trio so different is that they're handled more professionally, with enough major detail differences for each to be unique. In addition, they have entirely seperate animations:

Tornadus has a more stiff animation with more detail in facial animation, Thundurus moves around from side to side more often and has more detailed hair and tail animation, where Landorus wobbles in place more while not moving too much in general.

So naturally, I believe these 3 are underrated simply because of their own designs. They are not simple lazy designs like most other companies attempt, as each of them have been given proper details, typing, and animations for each to have their unique feel to them. I simply cannot wait for their debuts in other media of the franchise. I keep thinking it'll be interesting to see them in the anime.
    This, man. It's easier to complain or whine, but there are few that can appreciate the awesome designs of the Kami Trio.

Quote Originally Posted by Bay
    No.

SHUT YOUR MOUTH.

Dunsparce can never compare to the beauty and grace that is Maggyo. ):<
    Last edited by PKMN Trainer Faye; 8th February 2011 at 06:21 AM. Reason: one more thing, about maggyo
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Blog Entries

True,both derps, have weird crys,& never gets the attention among the fans and other audiences :U

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast