Most underrated Pokemon? - Page 2

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Most underrated Pokemon?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Most underrated Pokemon?

Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Dragoon View Post
    Golem and Rhyperior, most definitelly. Despite their dual 4x weaknesses and low Speed, their Attack and Defense are incredible, and they both served me well in beating the Pokemon Leauge.
    I don't like Golem, but to me Rhyperior is along Empoleon, the best pokémon from Sinnoh.

And I like Breloom, although between the grass/fighting pokémon, I prefer Virizion by far.

Something for nothing Cyber Jet's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Drapion

It has great typing having only one weakness and can do rolls as a Def tank or physical sweeper quite well and has a good move pool and quite good abiltys.

samurai in autumn garrison-san's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow garrison-san On Twitter
    Follow garrison-san on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudskye View Post
    Agreed with that. I love Swalot! I usually have at least one around somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSeaking View Post
    You have a good taste in Pokemon. I love Swalot too.
    Quote Originally Posted by ManhattanTheStarr View Post
    FFF- I LOVE Swalot and Gulpin. D:
    They're just TOO cute with their -3- '3' expressions. x3
    I also enjoyed using one in a past Sapphire team, so... yeah.
    Well, it's good to see some more Gulpin/Swalot love in these pages. Suddenly I don't feel so alone any more. :3

Blog Entries

Let me bring to mind a certain trio of legendaries. This trio is known as the Kami Trio, who are often hated as either not resembling Pokemon or simply using the same pose in their sprites. While the former can be argued about more, the idea of Kamis as a basis for Pokemon at all is very unique. Their appearences can be based on the Raijin and Fujin, who are either spoken of as two troublesome demons or ferocious temple guardians according to PokeBeach. This fits the descriptions of Tornadus and Thundurus very well, as not only do they have a slightly more ferocious design than some other lesser trios, their main ability allows them to use Status moves with +1 priority. Very troublesome indeed, but why Landorus resembles them more is a mystery when it's basis is not usually depicted as a demon similar to the Raijin and Fujin, which may also be why it's National Dex number is seperate from the two.

What could be even more fuel for arguements is their sprites. When looking at most sites such as Bulbapedia or Serebii, they share the exact same pose with only colors, hair, horns, and tail designs being different from eachother.

The Lake Trio had a similar design style with only their heads different from eachother, but not as different from eachother as the Kami Trio though. They on the other hand, have completely different poses in their sprites. Surely the Kamis should have their own poses as well. Well, let's remember the fact that B/W has fully animated sprites. Having sprites like B/W has is not as easy as having sprites like D/P or HG/SS have. Something smaller in size would be relatively easy to pose differently (The Lake Trio), but a similar idea of floating Pokemon that have much larger proportions such as muscles might be a bit harder as they'll have a somewhat larger sprite (The Kami Trio). Despite what this difficulty may suggest though, the Kamis DO have more different sprites than one thinks. As I mentioned, B/W uses fully animated sprites and not static sprites. Most other companies use simple pallete swaps with minor details changed for some monsters in other sprite games and display them as completely seperate species. What makes the Kami Trio so different is that they're handled more professionally, with enough major detail differences for each to be unique. In addition, they have entirely seperate animations:

Tornadus has a more stiff animation with more detail in facial animation, Thundurus moves around from side to side more often and has more detailed hair and tail animation, where Landorus wobbles in place more while not moving too much in general.

So naturally, I believe these 3 are underrated simply because of their own designs. They are not simple lazy designs like most other companies attempt, as each of them have been given proper details, typing, and animations for each to have their unique feel to them. I simply cannot wait for their debuts in other media of the franchise. I keep thinking it'll be interesting to see them in the anime.

"Welcome, my comrades, to my frozen abyss.~"
    Anime Characters Claimed: Mighty, Shirobon, Shout (Bomberman Jetters)

Future Frontier Brain

Nidoqueen. She's a defensive beast!
    Bellossom likes this.

Magikarp, Nuff said ... :P

Blog Entries

Wow, so I'm not the only who likes the raijin trio? What a happy day.

I just don't like then because they throw legendaries around like they're going out of style.
    I've always loved Beedrill, especially in Gen III and earlier games.
    His Special Defense stat really takes people off guard, I've seen him survive a Rock Slide from a Tyranitar that was a couple levels higher than him and then swing for the battle with Twin Needle.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by garrison-san View Post
    Oh, Gulpin and Swalot for sure. I mean, they're so frickin' adorable (how can you get any cuter than Swalot's little spaghetti-shaped whiskers? How?), and they have a really fun movepool too. And yet, you can't buy a plushie, anywhere.
    Our prayer has been answered.

Poor poor underrated Gardevoir :(

Such a solid pokemon, but it gets overlooked in favor of pokemon like espeon :<

Blog Entries

Dragonite.
    Don't get me wrong. Dragonite seems to be fairly popular. But it's bashed for being bulky and evolving from the graceful Dragonair, and many people seem to think its fellow Psuedo-Legendary Dragons outclass it. But Dragonite is as much of a valuable team member now as ever! With cool moves like Heal Bell or Extremespeed, it's so Boss.
    Kanto's Route 23 doesn't exist in the Johto games!

My ideas for a more game-faithful Best Wishes! series.

The Jewel Party

N.k

Quote Originally Posted by Parkur View Post
    Poor poor underrated Gardevoir :(
    Are you kidding me? Gardevoir is one of the most popular Psychic types. o-o;

Blog Entries

You wanna see a underrated psychic type? Take a look at this poor guy:

Until today I NEVER saw one fan of it.

And let's not forget about this other fella:

samurai in autumn garrison-san's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow garrison-san On Twitter
    Follow garrison-san on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Gabite View Post
    I think that's a custom (I was thinking more of official commercially available plush). It's very cute though. :)

Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

Well the little kids love it but older fans have very little respect for the mascot of Pokemon: Pikachu. It is quite cute and give it a Light Ball and see some shit blow up.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast