Most underrated Pokemon? - Page 17
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Most underrated Pokemon?

Do It For Him Enzap's Avatar Forum HeadModerator
    Blog Entries

Follow Enzap on Tumblr

Default Re: Most underrated Pokemon?

I think Durant is pretty underrated. In NU, a Choice Scarf Hustle set can take opponents by surprise and sweep. I've even used it with some success in OU. Very nice for taking out pesky Espeon and even Latios.

Follow AmberNguyen on Tumblr

I just love Gold duck..he is definitely my favorite..

While octillery seems to get a lot of love in Japan here in the states it's mostly forgotten. It has poor speed and defenses, yes, but amazing attack and special attack and a giant movepool. With a little set-up it can be amazing. Trick room makes it a fast sweeper and with sniper the occasional critical hit becomes a OHKO. Its vast movepool can let it hit just about anything for super effective damage on either physical or special side and an expert belt can fake a choice set giving a free KO. Suction cups makes it an amazing baton pass reciever without worry of being phazed out. Volbeat (another underrated pokemon) can pass a couple tail glow boosts giving octillery more power than it could ever need, or have a pokemon pass an agility or two and watch as the enemy team falls before the octopus. Moody is banned in most competitive circles and for good reason. With a little luck there is nothing that can stand up to octillery. Overall a great pokemon with a great design and a unique style of evolution that focuses on the theme rather than the animal, the revolver becomes a tank.

Pesky Thief Prez's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Prez on Tumblr

Dunsparce. Though I've noticed Mystery Dungeon's touch in making unloved Pokemon loved, such as Grovyle, Sunflora, and Chatot.

But I think Gardevoir, battle wise anyhow. If you search it up on google all you get is a bunch of disgusting garbage and it really angers me. I've loved Gardevoir since I first raised mine in Sapphire, but a lot of people think Gardevoir is awful in battling. Now that its a Fairy type, it's even stronger! Combine a Power band to lower it's speed, raise it's special defense, teach it trick room, and it could be a real power house with Psychic and a Psychic gem. It can even learn Destiny bond if you breed right.

Blog Entries
    Follow Saeyru On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Enzap View Post
    I think Durant is pretty underrated. In NU, a Choice Scarf Hustle set can take opponents by surprise and sweep. I've even used it with some success in OU. Very nice for taking out pesky Espeon and even Latios.
    Durant is pretty viable in UU as well. Sure, UU is full of fighters as well as fire types like Darmanitan, but get rid of it's checks and it's open season for that thing to set up a Hone Claws sweep. It's surprisingly easy the amount of things that are weak to that thing. Pack up a Lum Berry, and you get a free Hone Claws boost to whatever tries to burn you. @_@

Along with the above, I've recently discovered how underrated Azumarill is. Especially Subpunch Azu. People would initially think that it's banded, and they get a nasty surprise in Focus Punch. It's the perfect check for Subpetaya Empoleon, since Focus Punch wrecks it too, I believe. Aqua Jet is also perfect for picking off weakened Heracross, or weakening it so it can be revenge killed by one of your teammates. Crazy stuff.

Do It For Him Enzap's Avatar Forum HeadModerator
    Blog Entries

Follow Enzap on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Saeyru View Post

Durant is pretty viable in UU as well. Sure, UU is full of fighters as well as fire types like Darmanitan, but get rid of it's checks and it's open season for that thing to set up a Hone Claws sweep. It's surprisingly easy the amount of things that are weak to that thing. Pack up a Lum Berry, and you get a free Hone Claws boost to whatever tries to burn you. @_@

Oh yeah, I've also used a Hone Claws set. I forgot about that one. It can be more reliable than the Choice Scarf set because Hone Claws not only raises its already high attack, it offsets the Hustle accuracy drop.

"The Purest Excitement" AbareKiller's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I very rarely see people play with these guys so i got a list, STEELIX, GOLEM, SOLROCK,LUNATONE, MAGIKARP, SEAKING, CARVANHA and finally most if not all the fossil pokemon.and i just don't understand why? So maybe some body could explain that for me?

Ledian. Freaking cute as hell, and I love his Comet Punch attack.

Yeah, you can tell I like Bug Types.

Diamond Sword of Justice! bladeheart111's Avatar

Visit bladeheart111's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Opossumguy View Post
    This has probably been said countless times, but Qwilfish REALLY deserves more love and attention. He can use Spikes and Toxic Spikes, Explosion, and Destiny Bond, and has really good STAB with Aqua Tail, Waterfall, and Poison Jab. He has a pretty nice attack stat, and speed stat, too. Not to mention, he works great on a Rain Dance team with Swift Swim. And, he has a pretty unique type, as only Tentacruel's line shares it. Overall, I think it is a great Pokemon, and it's my personal favorite.
    Say hello to Skrelp

Blog Entries
    Follow RTA fan On Twitter

i'm not competitive, but i'd say Dewgong, Sandslash, Venomoth (to a degree), Solrock and Lunatone, Zubat's line, Wailord and the almighty(ish) Drifblim are very underrated
    Pokemon player since 2003, Wikia member since 2013, Zerahead fan since 2011, Pokemon master (ish) since 2004
    Electric friend safari with Electabuzz, Luxio and Emolga

Blog Entries

After doing my run-throughs at the Battle Maison, I can honestly say that Golurk is a bit underrated. Mine has No Guard, which has gotten me wins in a pinch and on top of that, he's survived hits that should have killed him.

Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.

Vespiquen is awesome. Attack Order is such an awesome attack, and is useful in the Sinnoh Elite Four.

I remember once after getting through Victory Road, I decided to try and get one. I didn't realise I'd made a mistake until my Male Combee had Exp. Shared it's way up to Level 42.

delphox is underrated for me because he is in ru and yet he is a lot stronger than chesnaught who is in uu because chesnaught doesn't get a good move until level 32

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617