Most over rated pokemon.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 198

Thread: Most over rated pokemon.

  1. #1
    Something for nothing Cyber Jet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    3,119
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Most over rated pokemon.

    well just had to make another one seeing that the under rated thread is doing well but any ways witch pokemon do you think are truely over rated?

  2. #2
    Unregistered User Rakarei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    City on the Edge of Forever
    Posts
    1,876
    Blog Entries
    206

    Default Re: Most over rated pokemon.

    Weavile was overrated until people realized it sucked.
    Secret butt fun!

    Avatar made by this guy. I have a YouTube account and a twitter.
    In Soviet Bulbagarden, anime is butthurt over all aspects of YOU!

  3. #3
    "Equality" mini-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Skyloft
    Posts
    7,053
    Blog Entries
    139

    Default Re: Most over rated pokemon.

    Salamence.
    Why zee fawk is he Uber?
    He isn't that hard to kill.
    Several effective counters are-
    *Starmie with thunder wave and ice beam.
    *Life orb lucario with ice punch and ninjask sub-swords dance support.
    *Cressilia with ice beam and stealth rock support
    *Weavile
    *Mamoswine

    And several others.

  4. #4
    Formerly GTT Grass Type Warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Middle of nowhere
    Posts
    2,264
    Blog Entries
    80

    Default Re: Most over rated pokemon.

    One word: Charizard.

    ....

    Oh, who am I kidding? I have this pathological need to explain myself, I can't just give one word answers.

    For some reason, Dragonlike Pokemon are by far the most popular Pokemon in the franchise. You only need to take a look at fan favorites like Gyarados, Salamence and Garchomp to notice this is true. Fire types, too, are very popular (for reasons unknown.)

    You combine these together and you have Charizard. The first Dragon looking Pokemon in the whole franchise (much more identifiable as a dragon than Dragonite. Y'know, the actual dragon.)

    Thus, he's always been one of, if not the, most popular Pokemon in existence. People love themselves some Charizard, especially the younger, more impressionable, members of the fandom.

    That said, Charizard's battle performance is actually quite subpar at best. Back in RGBY, it actually lived up to it's reputation, but ever since DPPt came around and gave us so many powerful Rock type moves, Char has had a very difficult time keeping up.

    Stealth Rock, which is omnipresent in battle, takes away half of Charizard's HP just for deciding to take a peek outside it's pokeball. His subpar defenses and HP ensure that even resisted hits can hurt and his typing doesn't do it any favors. Stealth Rock, Stone Edge and a slew of powerful Rock types (Tyranitar, Aggron, Rampardos) seal the deal for him.

    He does have good offenses and a wide movepool (it's not all bad), but his staying power is pure crap, he gets outclassed by nearly every other Fire type worth mentioning (except Typhlosion), he's not even a real Dragon type and a pebble can kill him.

    Yet people still seem to love him unconditionally. Does that seem fair to you?

    Charizard is definitely one of the most overrated Pokemon in existence. He's NU for a reason, people.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

  5. #5
    Panne Cottontail Kakuna Matata's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    Soundless Mountain
    Posts
    4,680
    Blog Entries
    38

    Follow Kakuna Matata on Tumblr

    Default Re: Most over rated pokemon.

    Most of the Dragon Pokémon, along with Charizard like Envoy said. Still love it to bits though.

  6. #6
    Registered User Dark Heart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    83

    Default Re: Most over rated pokemon.

    Pikachu is extremely overrated in my opinion.

  7. #7
    I Wobb You Sublime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    9,950
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Most over rated pokemon.

    Probably Arceus.

  8. #8
    Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,801
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: Most over rated pokemon.

    I think Charizard is the winner of this thread. Perhaps many of the classics are as well.

  9. #9
    Terrible Blaziken no. 827 TerribleTwelve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Sootopolis City, Hoenn, Pokéworld
    Posts
    233

    Default Re: Most over rated pokemon.

    Charizard #006. Fire/Flying.
    Dragon-like. Fire type. Starter.
    Stealth Rock. Various Rock-type moves.
    That'd be everything I say.
    The twelve Pokémon that make the Pokémon world awesome.

  10. #10
    Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Where I'm needed
    Posts
    4,563
    Blog Entries
    169

    Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Most over rated pokemon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Envoy View Post
    One word: Charizard.

    ....

    Oh, who am I kidding? I have this pathological need to explain myself, I can't just give one word answers.

    For some reason, Dragonlike Pokemon are by far the most popular Pokemon in the franchise. You only need to take a look at fan favorites like Gyarados, Salamence and Garchomp to notice this is true. Fire types, too, are very popular (for reasons unknown.)

    You combine these together and you have Charizard. The first Dragon looking Pokemon in the whole franchise (much more identifiable as a dragon than Dragonite. Y'know, the actual dragon.)

    Thus, he's always been one of, if not the, most popular Pokemon in existence. People love themselves some Charizard, especially the younger, more impressionable, members of the fandom.

    That said, Charizard's battle performance is actually quite subpar at best. Back in RGBY, it actually lived up to it's reputation, but ever since DPPt came around and gave us so many powerful Rock type moves, Char has had a very difficult time keeping up.

    Stealth Rock, which is omnipresent in battle, takes away half of Charizard's HP just for deciding to take a peek outside it's pokeball. His subpar defenses and HP ensure that even resisted hits can hurt and his typing doesn't do it any favors. Stealth Rock, Stone Edge and a slew of powerful Rock types (Tyranitar, Aggron, Rampardos) seal the deal for him.

    He does have good offenses and a wide movepool (it's not all bad), but his staying power is pure crap, he gets outclassed by nearly every other Fire type worth mentioning (except Typhlosion), he's not even a real Dragon type and a pebble can kill him.

    Yet people still seem to love him unconditionally. Does that seem fair to you?

    Charizard is definitely one of the most overrated Pokemon in existence. He's NU for a reason, people.
    What he said.

    Others worth mentioning would be a majority of the Gen I mons.

  11. #11
    Lovin the beach Surferboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,626
    Blog Entries
    57

    Default Re: Most over rated pokemon.

    Quote Originally Posted by minimag View Post
    Salamence.
    Why zee fawk is he Uber?
    He isn't that hard to kill.
    Several effective counters are-
    *Starmie with thunder wave and ice beam.
    *Life orb lucario with ice punch and ninjask sub-swords dance support.
    *Cressilia with ice beam and stealth rock support
    *Weavile
    *Mamoswine

    And several others.
    I was just going to put a Salamance in my team :( thanks for proving me not to

    Anyway Charizard will win this thread. Some more honorable mentons are Sceptile, Weaville and Gliscor has never been up to par for me... also don't forget Tyranitar
    Friend Code X is:

    3840-6649-9157

  12. #12
    needs a new avatar Shiny Staraptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,111
    Blog Entries
    142

    Default Re: Most over rated pokemon.

    Arceus. But so is Garchomp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neoflare
    star i have your eevee
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Yagami
    IF YOU EVER WANT TO SEE IT AGAIN, COME TO ... AVENUE
    Y Friend Code: 2578-3150-3027

  13. #13
    "Equality" mini-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Skyloft
    Posts
    7,053
    Blog Entries
    139

    Default Re: Most over rated pokemon.

    Quote Originally Posted by EonMaster View Post
    I was just going to put a Salamance in my team :( thanks for proving me not to

    Anyway Charizard will win this thread. Some more honorable mentons are Sceptile, Weaville and Gliscor has never been up to par for me... also don't forget Tyranitar
    Gliscor isn't overrated.
    It's good that it's good good typing, movepool and defence, but people don't go, holy shit, sammy just sent out a gliscor, I'm doomed.
    And Tyranitar IS good.
    Unlike most automatic weather inducers, Tyranitar has good defences and attack and moves, plus a type combo that doesn't utterly suck(looking at you, abomasnow)

  14. #14
    I won't bite... much. SharKing's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Sharpedo Bluff
    Posts
    3,545
    Blog Entries
    316
    Follow SharKing On Twitter
    Visit SharKing's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Most over rated pokemon.

    Garchomp and Salamence are literally overrated. I hope Smogon comes to realize that in the upcoming B/W metagame.

    And yeah, Charizard's an automatic contender in this thread. But hey, so is Pikachu. All because of Ash's Pikachu.
    This post brought to you by
    SharKing Productions

    If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

    I'm not just on BMGf. Check me out on:
    YouTube | Twitter | Smogon Forums | Marriland Forums

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    10
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Most over rated pokemon.

    Dragonite. Why does Lance need 3 of them??

    Also Charizard in trading cards!

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •