Most Disappointing Evolution? - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Most Disappointing Evolution?

some kind of madness TwilightBlade's Avatar Moderator
    Follow TwilightBlade On Twitter

Default Re: Most Disappointing Evolution?

Goodra. It had the potential to become another Poison/Dragon, a unique Fairy/Dragon, or something amazing if based on the blue sea slug. I can't really understand the... gooey Barney dinosaur gimmick.
    trade station
    ❝In this world, there are things you have to protect even if your hands get stained with blood.❞

Blog Entries

Sunflora because it evolves from this ->
    Time To Dance
    Friend code:0061-0809-4165 trainer name:Hayden Player in the BBL
    Clamer of now Groudon. Also claims Thousand Arrows, most likely Zygarde's move.

Minion of the Damned cityvillain's Avatar

Pignite & Emboar
    Tepig is a very delightful Pokemon. Very adorable but still look tough. Then the mid-stage curse started and continued to
    its final stage. Emboar looks so awkward and out of proportion. It had a very interesting origin, a soldier from the Romance of the Three Kingdoms.
    But the execution or design is awful.

Another fire-starter disappointment is Delphox.
    At first, I felt really unsure about Braixen. I gave it the benefit of the doubt because a fire mage origin is something really interesting.
    But then it turned in to something really dull and bland; Delphox. That wand gimmick is just a plain gimmick after all.
    I wish they retained Fennekin's quadrupedal stance. The concept of fire mage in that form is still very workable.

Lastly, Sharpedo. Why GameFreak? Why give the only shark Pokemon, that is not Garchomp, only a head and no body?
    Kenta's Pokemon Party

Wailmer to wailord Picture this your have a 7" beach ball Suddenly evovles to something 5 times taller never got logic GF

Blog Entries

Visit The Roach's Youtube Channel

I really dislike Charizard. His design is just... unappealing, in every way imaginable.

It's a shame too, because I really like both Charmander and Charmeleon. Charmander is an adorable little salamander guy, and Charmeleon looks like his bad-ass older sibling, but then Charizard comes along looking like a malnourished body-builder. His arms and neck are so scrawny and boney, especially compared to his much larger body and legs. It all looks so disproportional and weird, and I don't like it.

Combine that with horrible typing (4x rock weakness in a Stealth Rock-dominated competitive field is devastating) and you've got yourself one of my least favorite pokemon of all time.
    Last edited by The Roach; 19th April 2014 at 07:26 PM. Reason: typo
    Current writing projects:
    |For Better or Worse - It's Electric|

"He is already dead, it is simply a question of how many he kills before he falls."

Quote Originally Posted by Stratelier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Robo-Floatzel View Post
    It's worth noting that the Fennekin family is 87.5% male, which puts it in the same category as Gardevoir, Lopunny, and Mienshao in the fact that it can be either male or female.
    I don't see anything as overtly feminine about Gardevoir or Mienshao's designs.
    I know it's an old post but I think this captures the general attitude with Gardevoir http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/attachments/f237/93279d1394228069-purplemagechans-artwork-comics-cute-chibi-funny-hand-drawn-4-panel-comics-trap.png

Quote Originally Posted by GastonGibus View Post
    I really dislike Charizard. His design is just... unappealing, in every way imaginable.

It's a shame too, because I really like both Charmander and Charmeleon. Charmander is an adorable little salamander guy, and Charmeleon looks like his bad-ass older sibling, but then Charizard comes along looking like a malnourished body-builder. His arms and neck are so scrawny and boney, especially compared to his much larger body and legs. It all looks so disproportional and weird, and I don't like it.

Combine that with horrible typing (4x rock weakness in a Stealth Rock-dominated is devastating) and you've got yourself one of my least favorite pokemon of all time.
    I agree. I've never been a fan of that belly.

I really dislike Raichu, especially its ears. The curved design does not blend well with its typing. I would have made them more rigid and striking.

Emboar: Always thought Tepig should have gotten an evo that was good and more original. It's like the developers were pressed for time and said "To hell with this let's just make him into another journey to the west character since it went so well last time, oh and make the type the same even though it's probably getting stale". Emboar's terrible stat distribution just makes it worse since it manages to be slow and frail thanks to those crappy defenses. Seeing it fighting in lower tiers makes it looks like some fat out of shape dude picking on little kids.

Seismitoad: Tympole and Palpitoad rock especially in mid-game in B/W. But what on earth happened? Seismitoad just ended up mediocre in looks and ability. All that speed and offensive ability it had as Palpitoad mid-game just went away and it doesn't even learn earthquake via level up.

Lickilicky: I know Lickitung was overdue for an evo but was this the best they could come up with? Kinda looks like that fat guy from Fist of the North Star and not in a good way.

Masquerain: Surskit should have evolved into something that kept its unique bug/water type rather than another generic bug/flying.

Magmortar: Man Magmar you sure let yourself go with that belly of yours and you didn't even get a useful ability.

Purugly and Diggersby: Aww what a cute little kitten/bunny, oh what's that? You're evolving! Surely you'll retain some cuteness or look much cooler like most other pokemon right? Oh lord it's hideous! I might just shave your butt and make you walk backwards from now on, couldn't be any worse than looking at your face.
    3DS Name: Kyle
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4828-5602-4809
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Flying type: Pidgey, Woobat, Tropius

Admin Iteru's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Flaaffy. My cute little Mareep turns into some hideous pink balding thing.

I think it would have been a lot better if it retained the yellow.

Follow Snarl on Tumblr

I'm surprised at all the hate for Goodra.

Piplup definitely could've been better.

Jynx, not that Smoochum is much better.

I love Elgyem, but Beheeyem kind of lames it out.

Haunter looks badass, Gengar doesn't.

Both of Gurdurr's evos are hideous.

Bastiodon is creepy.

Yeaaaah.

I also love Swoobat, but its model in X/Y took that love away.

even in their last moments, the branded still belong to the dark.

Crobat. A Golbat evolution could have been sooooooooo much more badass....!

I'm surprised by these evo choices! well except Beheeyem

Amoonguss / It went from a cute pokeshroom to a... bigger pokeshroom thing. I can imagine a tall and slender foongus evo that could look really cool! but it has this thing...

Lopunny / I really like Buneary, but Lopunny kinda made the evo line seem bossy and diva ish. If there were a female/male split evo, then maybe I'd like the entire line overall...Depending on what the male one would be.

Diggersby / Now, it may be strong, but I think it just looks ugly. Why a Bunnelby to a... this?!

Exploud and Loudred / I love Whismur. Just not its evos.
    ""Hey! You... Who are you? Oh, you're May, aren't you? Moved in next door, right?"
    FC: 2793-0663-1626 /// Pokemon X: Rhydian //// Pokemon Alpha Sapphire: Kilian

Blog Entries

The fact that Pikachu loses its fingers, gains like 50 pounds, loses its trademark ears, and puts on jackrabbit legs makes me always reluctant to evolve it into Raichu. :(
    A true friend freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, takes all patiently, defends courageously, and continues a friend unchangeably.
    -William Penn

Follow SONICバリヤ On Twitter
    Visit SONICバリヤ's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Diggersby, Purugly, Avalugg :(
    Not that I hate it, but I was definitely disapointed with Avalugg when I found out it was the evolution of Bergmite...

I think it would look better if it was turned upside down.

Quote Originally Posted by SONICバリヤ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Diggersby, Purugly, Avalugg :(
    Not that I hate it, but I was definitely disapointed with Avalugg when I found out it was the evolution of Bergmite...

I think it would look better if it was turned upside down.
    Well there's a thought, what happens when an Avalugg gets flipped onto it's back? It definitely can't roll that's for sure...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast