Most Disappointing Evolution? - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Most Disappointing Evolution?

Default Re: Most Disappointing Evolution?

Quote Originally Posted by Robo-Floatzel View Post
    Braixen most definitely
    Yup, Braixen. It's not Braixen's bipedal design itself that bugs me, but:
    - The excessively long ear fluff (Fennekin's short ear fluff is cute and Delphox's long ear flares actually don't feel out of place)
    - The very feminine vibe (the dainty arms/legs and thick leg skirts); Fennekin is fittingly androgynous, and Delphox similarly
    - The odd stick-up-the-tail (though it has a redeeming quality as an excellent animation for Ember)

Also, I always found Pelipper to be a disappointment.
    Game: "Would you like to give a nickname to the newly hatched [Pokémon]?"
    Trevor: "You want me to nickname someone I just met?! You shouldn't put people on the spot like this!"

Vivillon Color: High Plains
    XY Friend Safari: Fighting (Meditite, Throh, Tyrogue), 4296-3230-7210 (feel free to add me before asking, it saves time)

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter Add Robo-Floatzel on Google+
    Follow Robo-Floatzel on Tumblr Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Stratelier View Post
    Braixen most definitely
    Yup, Braixen. It's not Braixen's bipedal design itself that bugs me, but:
    - The excessively long ear fluff (Fennekin's short ear fluff is cute and Delphox's long ear flares actually don't feel out of place)
    - The very feminine vibe (the dainty arms/legs and thick leg skirts); Fennekin is fittingly androgynous, and Delphox similarly
    - The odd stick-up-the-tail (though it has a redeeming quality as an excellent animation for Ember)

Also, I always found Pelipper to be a disappointment.
    I agree, while the ear fluff on the Fennekin family doesn't bother me, I do agree with the very feminine vibe Braixen has, which combined with the stick in the tail gives off a very awkward metaphor for how the fandom often portrays Braixen. It's worth noting that the Fennekin family is 87.5% male, which puts it in the same category as Gardevoir, Lopunny, and Mienshao in the fact that it can be either male or female.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

It's worth noting that the Fennekin family is 87.5% male, which puts it in the same category as Gardevoir, Lopunny, and Mienshao in the fact that it can be either male or female.
    I don't see anything as overtly feminine about Gardevoir or Mienshao's designs.
    Trevor: "You want me to nickname someone I just met?! You shouldn't put people on the spot like this!"

XY Friend Safari: Fighting (Meditite, Throh, Tyrogue), 4296-3230-7210 (feel free to add me before asking, it saves time)

Emmet and Ingo. APPROVED CherrimPrincess's Avatar

The two I can think of right now would be Tepig's evolutions and Purugly. I like Tepig, but when I saw his evolutions, that was a huge turn off for me. I would've liked to see something that was more unique. It was to me like "Hey here's a adorable little pig, when it evolves you get another fire-fighting type!" And to me, Pignite and Emboar are ugly to me, in my opinion, a starter evolution should either have elegance, coolness, or beauty. And those two don't really have either.

Purugly, I feel like Glameow could have gotten a better evolution. It went from a beautiful, sleek cat to something that looks like it abuses it's partner (In that case poor Crogunk in Gates to Infinity). The sudden change in body weight is a bit strange, in fact it's one of the few changes evolution wise. There really isn't much change on the Pokemon itself.
    Cherrim is underrated.

Blog Entries
    Follow Flop On Twitter

Samurott for me. I mean, he's cool and all, but after the shell-ninja teen that is dewott, I was expecting something more... Ottery. And also exceggutor. Since when did Pokemon get WORSE when they evolve? And also, can I say, non shiny mega gardevoir. Normally, she's graceful and beautiful. After mega evolution, she's just fat. Shiny'a cool, though. Living the evil ballerina.

Claims: Toon Link, Altaria, Miriel (Fire Emblem: Awakening)

Quote Originally Posted by Flipgbh View Post
    And also exceggutor. Since when did Pokemon get WORSE when they evolve?
    Actually Exeggutor starts to make sense once you realize where it came from:
    Jinmenju - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Registered User Pokémon Spectrum's Avatar

Diggersby. I mean, seriously, you go from an adorable little bunny to a butt-ugly, rabbit-themed parody of the fat construction worker stereotype. I was expecting something along the lines of this fanart I found.

Also, as I just found out today (Saturday, April 5), its anime debut features it being used by a criminal. NOT COOL.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails h88f70986.png  
    Last edited by Pokémon Spectrum; 5th April 2014 at 09:25 PM.
    I was born to be a winner... but I'll settle for being an ordinary Trainer.

Blog Entries

another unoriginal detail many might have missed: I was checking the weights of all Pokemon to check how moves like heat crash and grass knot are affected, and discovered a strange anomoly; Muk is the SAME weight as Grimer.

Blog Entries
    Add Mako on Facebook
    Follow Mako on Tumblr

Diggersby is the biggest one for me. I get what they were going for, but it just didn't work IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
    Diggersby is the biggest one for me. I get what they were going for, but it just didn't work IMO.
    The best word to describe Diggersby is "abomination"
    Claimer of Archeops, Metal Sound, the Jaw Fossil, and Garchompite

Blog Entries
    Add Mako on Facebook
    Follow Mako on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Gudon44 View Post
    Well, I wanted to be polite about it

But yeah, basically.

someone in the dark garrison-san's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow garrison-san On Twitter
    Follow garrison-san on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Gudon44 View Post
    Well, I wanted to be polite about it

But yeah, basically.
    You guys are so mean. :p

I was pretty disappointed with Servine the first time I played White. Typically I always pick the grass-starter, but once my Snivy evolved, I just couldn't bring myself to use him anymore, and ended up restarting the game with Oshawott.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokémon Spectrum View Post
    Diggersby. I mean, seriously, you go from an adorable little bunny to a butt-ugly, rabbit-themed parody of the fat construction worker stereotype. I was expecting something along the lines of this fanart I found.
    also, this wasn't the first time they made that blunder, we all know Lopunny. Like Bunnelby, Buneary is pretty cute, then it evolves into a Playboy Bunny, in a game where the Daycare guy acts like he have no Idea where Eggs come from because the Censors don't want sex in the game. When compared to other Sexy Fan Art Fodder like Gardevoir, I would say Lopunny is much worst just because it seems so Intentional.
    While on Subject, Diggersby tho kinda have a perverted expression on his face, maybe there is some sort of relation with Lopunny
    Last edited by TrainerRyan; 2nd April 2014 at 04:00 PM.

Diggersby, Purugly, Avalugg :(

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast